Q&A with HERM EDWARDS - 3/20

BP

BP I'm going to kill you for this. Because you know at some point I'm going to read it all.

I got as far as one of the early idiotic metaphors about the Cleveland game:

"...we hit a speed bump that turned into a patch of ice, wrecked our car, turned it over, but we found a way out of it."

I just keep thinking of that Bang! cartoon with him using the potato metaphor, then running out of crap & reluctantly muttering, "...ain't nobody buying my bullshiit anymore, are they?"

BP I'm going to kill you for this. Because you know at some point I'm going to read it all.

I got as far as one of the early idiotic metaphors about the Cleveland game:

"...we hit a speed bump that turned into a patch of ice, wrecked our car, turned it over, but we found a way out of it."

I just keep thinking of that Bang! cartoon with him using the potato metaphor, then running out of crap & reluctantly muttering, "...ain't nobody buying my bullshiit anymore, are they?"

Sperm..it's the off-season and I was just shocked at how much he wanted to say..I couldn't even paste it into one post..he keeps saying they have to have a better turnover ratio..how do you coach that? :lol:

I will read it in more detail tomorrow..I posted it just for you and Jet Mo ;)

Sperm..it's the off-season and I was just shocked at how much he wanted to say..I couldn't even paste it into one post..he keeps saying they have to have a better turnover ratio..how do you coach that? :lol:

I will read it in more detail tomorrow..I posted it just for you and Jet Mo ;)

Don't be so stupid. You improve your turnover ratio by never, ever, ever passing the ball over 6 yards.

Chiefs | Edwards wants harsher punishment for off-field problems

Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:29:08 -0700

The Associated Press reports Kansas City Chiefs head coach Herman Edwards would like to see the NFL have a harsher punishment policy for players who get in trouble off the field. "There needs to be a hard line, in my opinion. You can't throw softballs," Edwards said. He said he would support whatever punishment policy the league implements in upcoming discussions with the NFLPA, but he does not believe "wrist-slapping" fines are the answer. "I've never been a big proponent of fining players. Players, last time I checked, if they don't get to play, they understand that. If they don't get to play, that's what they understand. You don't dress. You don't play. Go home. You sit there and you watch. I just think eventually that's what it has to come to. I know that's hard."

Chiefs | Edwards wants harsher punishment for off-field problems

Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:29:08 -0700

The Associated Press reports Kansas City Chiefs head coach Herman Edwards would like to see the NFL have a harsher punishment policy for players who get in trouble off the field. "There needs to be a hard line, in my opinion. You can't throw softballs," Edwards said. He said he would support whatever punishment policy the league implements in upcoming discussions with the NFLPA, but he does not believe "wrist-slapping" fines are the answer. "I've never been a big proponent of fining players. Players, last time I checked, if they don't get to play, they understand that. If they don't get to play, that's what they understand. You don't dress. You don't play. Go home. You sit there and you watch. I just think eventually that's what it has to come to. I know that's hard."

He should just shut up..when Damien (ak-47) Robinson and John Abraham had their problems off the field, the dumbass defended them by saying..''before they were football players,they were men''..whatever that meant..

And now this...he's going to have to be exposed one of these days.

Lets see, you need to win on the road. You need to improve your offensive stats and your defensive stats. You need to coach the players that are here. This man is a true genius. It never gets old, as long as he isn't coaching the Jets. I like when he says you need veterans who come in and do their job but you can't win championships with just them. When the Hell did he ever win a championship. The closest he got was with the Eagles as a db. Gruden won a title with the same players that Herm's staff had. Keep this stuff coming BP, it more than makes up for the lack of info coming out of Hempstead. I am looking forward to the collapse of the Chiefs the next few years almost as much as the rise of the Jets.

what herm just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in his rambling, incoherent response's was he even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. may God have mercy on your soul herm.

:cheers:

I am having this vision of a kind of continuous fortune cookie that is perpetually extruded from a machine somewhere. The makers of such a machine of course would need to fill their fortune cookies up with a more of less continuous flow of "words of wisdom" from somewhere. Where better to go that the perpetual extruder of folksy asides that do not actually parse properly than our own (scratch that) THE CHIEFS own Herman Edwards.

It isn't who has the Skeeyull men... it is who has the Weeyull !

Did you know it is possible to caress your own erogenous zones with an interview microphone?

when asked about trent's plans he says "i'm not worried about it." huh? your starting quarterback may or may not be back and you're not even thinking about it??? herm "no plan" edwards will go about business as usual and when trent isn't on the roster game one he'll suddenly wake up and wonder what he should do just like with roaf last year. A COACH'S JOB IS TO PLAN FOR CONTINGENCIES, not to "not worry about it." what a freaking idiot!

Archived