NJ people - need some help!!!

NY Jets Guy

Hey everyone,

I just recently started to post on this website, but my full on attention to it has been hindered due to job searching, final projects and bindge drinking. I'm a senior graduating for Syracuse Unviersity this year and I was recently offered a job in Lakewood, NJ. I don't really know that much about the area and I was wondering if some of you Jets fans might be able to give me some "scoop" on the area.

Key things I want to know are:

1)What is lakewood like?

2) What area's close to (north of) lakewood are nice to live? (probably something midway between there and NYC would be ideal)

3) How close is this to the meadowlands? I might be getting some season tickets from a family member if I live close enough...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!

...and to make this football related... Mangini is a god, Chad still has some good years left and C-Mart is the MAN!

::GoJets:

... that is all...

Hey everyone,

I just recently started to post on this website, but my full on attention to it has been hindered due to job searching, final projects and bindge drinking. I'm a senior graduating for Syracuse Unviersity this year and I was recently offered a job in Lakewood, NJ. I don't really know that much about the area and I was wondering if some of you Jets fans might be able to give me some "scoop" on the area.

1)What is lakewood like?

2) What area's close to (north of) lakewood are nice to live? (probably something midway between there and NYC would be ideal)

3) How close is this to the meadowlands? I might be getting some season tickets from a family member if I live close enough...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!

...and to make this football related... Mangini is a god, Chad still has some good years left and C-Mart is the MAN!

::GoJets:

... that is all...

Anyone...?

I would say that you wouldn't want to live in Lakewood. But there are tons of nice towns to live in down there. You can go south of Lakewood and save a little money on housing (Toms River) or you can stay close to the shore in that area (Belmar, Point Pleasant).

Even check out Eatontown. Not sure what prices are like but those are all nice areas to live in (except Lakewood, lol).

Plenty to do and you can be to the stadium in under an hour! Good luck.

No offense to lakewood but I would choose another close by town as Max suggested.

If you are young Belmar is hopping in the summer time especially-even though they want to portray a more family type image.

I would say that you wouldn't want to live in Lakewood. But there are tons of nice towns to live in down there. You can go south of Lakewood and save a little money on housing (Toms River) or you can stay close to the shore in that area (Belmar, Point Pleasant).

Even check out Eatontown. Not sure what prices are like but those are all nice areas to live in (except Lakewood, lol).

Tom's River is a nice area, I have family down there. Your very close to the beaches so its a quick drive and your also close to Six Flags.

Unlike Max, not everyone wants to wade in his ex-partner's piss stream.

1)What is lakewood like?

1. Lakewood = Lakehood

2. Midway between Lakehood and NYC would be Iselin, also known as Islam.

3. Lakehood is Jersey shore. It's at least an hour away, without traffic (with traffic, rent a helicopter).

1. Lakewood = Lakehood

2. Midway between Lakehood and NYC would be Iselin, also known as Islam.

3. Lakehood is Jersey shore. It's at least an hour away, without traffic (with traffic, rent a helicopter).

Lakehood... haha, thanks for the tip.

If I do take the job, I think I'm going to try to live a bit North of Lakewood... probably in the nicest town, that is close to NYC, that doesn't give me more than a 30-40 minute drive to work {provided I could afford to live there}. I'll certainly check out some of those places you guys suggested though.

I really know nothing about Jersey {I've only been there for a few Jets games} so all of this information is helpful; I really appreciate the input.

Sorry for not editing my post more carefully Bob... I hope it made you feel smarter ;)

Lakehood... haha, thanks for the tip.

If I do take the job, I think I'm going to try to live a bit North of Lakewood... probably in the nicest town, that is close to NYC, that doesn't give me more than a 30-40 minute drive to work {provided I could afford to live there}. I'll certainly check out some of those places you guys suggested though.

I really know nothing about Jersey {I've only been there for a few Jets games} so all of this information is helpful; I really appreciate the input.

Sorry for not editing my post more carefully Bob... I hope it made you feel smarter ;)

LOL, that made me laugh, I like this guy. :)

Archived