Just back from Star Wars

Jetman_67

OUTSTANDING MOVIE!!!! The action scenes were the best Lucas has ever produced. The acting was excellent too. The scene of Padme's funeral and Obi Wan giving Luke to Owen and Beru Lars was very well done.

The duel between Anakin and Obi Wan was probably the best special effects scene out of all 6 films.

I will be going to see it again within the next few days.

Yeah, it was a great movie. The wait for this thing seemed like forever, but now its finally here. And all I can say is it was very worth it.

Probably the most moving scene to me was the Jedi purge...seeing what happens all over the galaxy, and then seeing Yoda and feeling his pain. Very powerful.

And of course the obi wan/anakin dialogue during the final duel.

Great movie. Glad to see SW come out strong for the last prequel.

OUTSTANDING MOVIE!!!! The action scenes were the best Lucas has ever produced. The acting was excellent too. The scene of Padme's funeral and Obi Wan giving Luke to Owen and Beru Lars was very well done.

The duel between Anakin and Obi Wan was probably the best special effects scene out of all 6 films.

Padme dies? :shock:

Thanks for the spoiler. :lol:

:lol:

This is a movie I have no interest in seeing and even if I did, I would be embarrassed to tell anyone.

Why would you be embarrassed? Personally I love these films because they're good and also it was a part of my childhood growing up with the originals.

My son would like to see it so I will probably go with him. I used to like the movie but have not kept up with the most recent ones. Do I need to watch the ones I missed in order to understand this one???

There are a few things in Episode 3 that you will not recognize if you have missed the previous 2 prequels. However most of the action and plot in this film is general knowledge. Basically this movie just shows Anakin's final turn to the dark side, how he becomes Darth Vader, and how the empire is formed.

You should be fine.

Did you go to the movies in the PT Cruiser?

Thanks.

There are a few things in Episode 3 that you will not recognize if you have missed the previous 2 prequels. However most of the action and plot in this film is general knowledge. Basically this movie just shows Anakin's final turn to the dark side, how he becomes Darth Vader, and how the empire is formed.

You should be fine.

Thanks!!! :)

We have the entire series so maybe I will try and catch up for the heck of it! I do not intend on fighting the crowds this weekend!

Thanks!!! :)

We have the entire series so maybe I will try and catch up for the heck of it! I do not intend on fighting the crowds this weekend!

Watch the original film....Episode IV. It will mention some things you will see in Episode 3, and it helps bridge the gap between the prequels and the originals.

My son would like to see it so I will probably go with him. I used to like the movie but have not kept up with the most recent ones. Do I need to watch the ones I missed in order to understand this one???

If you want to waste 6 hours of your life, than yes, do rent the last 2. Absolute garbage.

If you want to waste 6 hours of your life, than yes, do rent the last 2. Absolute garbage.

Spending time with your kids is never a waste of time. I would never watch Star Wars if it were up to me. But if one of my kids asked me I would do it in a second.

Strange how that works!

I grew up loving the original three..But have any of you turned them on recently!

They are soooo incredibly rediculous...George Lucas is the LUCKIEST man alive..These films are awful..awful acting..awful dialogue and redicilous creatures..

The yoda from episode 1 is REdiculous looking...

Jar Jar binks!!\

Are you kidding me!! and young Annakin couldn't deliver a line if his life depended on it...

What an absolute joke!!

I skipped episode 2 b/c I heard it was just as bad...

NOW, having said all that..I am still going to see #3!

Spending time with your kids is never a waste of time. I would never watch Star Wars if it were up to me. But if one of my kids asked me I would do it in a second.

Strange how that works!

It is definitely worth the time when you see how much he appreciates you watching it with him. Everything is different when you see it through the eyes of a child! I would do anything for my kids including watching the crapiest movie if it made them smile. :)

:lol:

This is a movie I have no interest in seeing and even if I did, I would be embarrassed to tell anyone.

I bet you went to see "Secrets of the ******* Ya Ya Sisterhood" though, didn't you?

If you stop over tonight, I'll rent Terms of Endearment and Love Story. Are you busy?

You actually think that stuff is better than Star Wars?? watching paint dry is far more entertaining than terms of endearment and Love Story

Archived