Who will be the JETS starting QB...

ECURB

Who will be the starter week 17?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who will be the starter week 17?

From fluke injuries... he was calling out 124 for basically calling him fragile...

Chad is a tough QB... no doubt about it...

He is fragile, very fragile. He's a tuff in the sense that he has come back from the injuries, determination etc etc but it doesnt change the fact that he is very brittle.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is fragile, very fragile. He's a tuff in the sense that he has come back from the injuries, determination etc etc but it doesnt change the fact that he is very brittle.

Hey is not fragile... what in the world makes you think that? His wrist and shoulder injury would have happened to anybody that fell in those ways... he had bad luck...

Hey is not fragile... what in the world makes you think that? His wrist and shoulder injury would have happened to anybody that fell in those ways... he had bad luck...

Quarterbacks get hit just as hard from behind, if not harder, and I dont see them tearing their shoulder not once.....but twice.

The wrist thing is fluky, but the shoulder injuries are not.

For the 437th time, franchises who are smart will sit their future starting Quarterback for his at least his first season in the league. Was and is Jon Kitna better than Carson Palmer? No way. That's only one option but there are many, many others. Kellen Clemens is getting his 1-2 years on the bench to be ready in '08 to take over the starting reign. If he doesn't win the job in '08, then we can start questioning the type of player he is, but I assure you the job will be his '08.

So i take it you think the Colts, Steelers, and the 90s Cowboys were stupid franchises?

What about the Patriots? Did Brady sit 2 years? Hmm, trying to remember if Montana sat for 2 either. To be honest, I really don't think most of the great QBs sat for 2 entire years.

What about the Patriots? Did Brady sit 2 years?

I do not think that Brady is a good example because he got the job from bledsoe due to injury. If I am not mistaken we have Mo Lewis to thank for Brady's emergence.

Brad Smith

My name is green_blood, and I endorse this message. Why is every thread a smackdown over chad? WHY? I AM SO DAMN TIRED OF EVERY DAMN DAY I CHECK IT, AND EVERY DAMN THREAD TURNS INTO A FUOCKING WAR OVER CHAD. JUST STOP!! OK, JUST TAKE A DAMN BREATHER AND TALK ABOUT OTHER THINGS, O WAIT, IF IT ISNT ABOUT CHAD, ITS ABOUT TRADING VILMA OR HERM EDWARDS. WHY ARE ALL OF YOU SO DAMN OBSEESED WITH HIM. HE SUCKED, HE ****ED UP, ITS OVER ALREADY! LET HIM COOK HIS RIBS AND DESTROY CAREERS IN KC, JUST CALM THE **** DOWN! CAN THERE JUST BE A STICKIED TOPIC AT THE TOP DEVOTED TO THE ORWELLIAN WORLD OF NOBODY WINS THAT IS CHADV. KELLEN. PLEASE, JUST STOP, AND I WILL STOP WRITING IN CAPS. IM ON STRIKE RIGHT NOW, CAPS ALL THE WAY UNTIL ALL THE SENSELESS SKIRMISHES CAN JUST END!

Yes and how did Penny do when he came in???? Took us to the playoffs, he has taken us to the playoffs nearly every year where hes played most games.

You guys should not get too high on Kellen yet because you could be setting yourself up for a huge fall, sure he could be great and I hope he is but he could also turn out to be a huge bust.

As for Chad he is a 100% proven GOOD NFL QB, as long as he's healthy he will start next year. I gaurantee it.

also 124, why do you keep saying "when noodle arm gets injured". How the **** do you know whether he'll get injured or not. He didnt miss a game last year and that was after coming back from shoulder rehab. He also had 2 rookies on the offensive line yet still "noodle arm" managed to remain healthy all season. Its more likely that he stays healthy this year than it was heasding into last year.

Oh wow! Noodle Arm played his FIRST COMPLETE SEASON AT 31 YEARS OLD, CONGRATS! HE'S SO AMAZING!!!

Chad Pennington is average. You don't win Super Bowl's in the NFL with average Quarterback play UNLESS you have a top tier defense, which we do not have, and top offensive talent, which we do not have. Coles is a nice possesion receiver, Cotchery is still emerging and our OLine is young and inexpereinced and old, a not so great mixture.

Kellen Clemens is the better option for rings. James Chadwick Pennington is a better option for consistent years of injuries or 10 wins and early exits from the playoffs.

Noodle Arm's reign as the starting QB of the New York Jets is coming to a close, and fast.

So i take it you think the Colts, Steelers, and the 90s Cowboys were stupid franchises?

What about the Patriots? Did Brady sit 2 years? Hmm, trying to remember if Montana sat for 2 either. To be honest, I really don't think most of the great QBs sat for 2 entire years.

Its called being LUCKY and also playing in a much different generation. Nowadays, rook's who come in right away for the most part struggle.

The Bengals, great job in keeping Carson on the bench. Same with San Diego and Rivers. Same with, in your's and every other Noodle Arm's fans minds, the Jets sitting Chad for 2+ seasons. Brady did sit for a year, I believe, might not have but I believe he did. The list goes on and on. Romo. Jackson (2 starts last year, so what), Green, etc. We will also see how well Croyle will do this season.

Previous years can apply as well.

Different generations with Aikman, Montana and Bradshaw and sorry but those were GREAT Quarterbacks. The only thing Chad Pennington is GREAT at is completing his 5 and 10 yard outs against the Texans' of the world and getting injured for half of his career.

Hey, if you like consistent years of injuries and 10 win seasons + an early exit, good for you. But, hey, I want a championship. I guess I'm silly.

A 31 year old QB like Noodle Dick is on the decline.

Somebody has to come in and take over within' a year and that man will be Kellen Clemens.

Its called being LUCKY and also playing in a much different generation. Nowadays, rook's who come in right away for the most part struggle.

The Bengals, great job in keeping Carson on the bench. Same with San Diego and Rivers. Same with, in your's and every other Noodle Arm's fans minds, the Jets sitting Chad for 2+ seasons. Brady did sit for a year, I believe, might not have but I believe he did. The list goes on and on. Romo. Jackson (2 starts last year, so what), Green, etc. We will also see how well Croyle will do this season.

Previous years can apply as well.

Different generations with Aikman, Montana and Bradshaw and sorry but those were GREAT Quarterbacks. The only thing Chad Pennington is GREAT at is completing his 5 and 10 yard outs against the Texans' of the world and getting injured for half of his career.

Hey, if you like consistent years of injuries and 10 win seasons + an early exit, good for you. But, hey, I want a championship. I guess I'm silly.

A 31 year old QB like Noodle Dick is on the decline.

Somebody has to come in and take over within' a year and that man will be Kellen Clemens.

Brodie Croyle and Kellen Clemens both suck. The fact that you are comparing them to Carson Palmer and Phillip Rivers is ridiculous. Palmer and Rivers are both prototype NFL QB's, Croyle is a weak stick who gets injured when the wind blows on him the wrong way and has a 11.9 QB rating. Clemens can't ride some of the roller coasters at Six Flags and he is going to win us a Super Bowl.

I'm all for replacing Pennington, but unlike you I respect what Pennington has done here and actually want to replace him with someone who is actually better.

How do you know that Kellen Clemens and Brodie Croyle arn't as good? Because they were 2nd round picks? Great analysis. I guess Brady blows too.

Pennington = mediocre.

Clemens = gives a chance to be great, not a guarentee, but at least we won't be a continously 10-6 / injury plagued team year after year. I'm tired of 10-6, guess you're not.

And those are the straight, hard cold FACTS.

If you're fine with 10-6 every year and maybe one playoff win, good for you, go cheer for San Diego.

I want a championship and a Quarterback change needs to be made. Lets see what the 2nd round pick can do in '07 when Noodle Arm gets hurt or in '08 when the job will be Kellen's.

Oh wow! Noodle Arm played his FIRST COMPLETE SEASON AT 31 YEARS OLD, CONGRATS! HE'S SO AMAZING!!!

Chad Pennington is average. You don't win Super Bowl's in the NFL with average Quarterback play UNLESS you have a top tier defense, which we do not have, and top offensive talent, which we do not have. Coles is a nice possesion receiver, Cotchery is still emerging and our OLine is young and inexpereinced and old, a not so great mixture.

Kellen Clemens is the better option for rings. James Chadwick Pennington is a better option for consistent years of injuries or 10 wins and early exits from the playoffs.

Noodle Arm's reign as the starting QB of the New York Jets is coming to a close, and fast.

How in the name of God is Chad Pennington average, he has consistently won while being our starter with very limited weapons around him.

And yeah 'noodle arm' has just played his first complete season (at 30 actually) and there is just as much chance he'll do it again next season.

This year Chad will undoubtably have a running game with Jones and leon, he will have one of the best recieving duos in the NFL to work with in Coles and Cotch, and young developing o-line which shud be much better this season(what u said about the o-line up there just doesnt make sense, how the hell can the line as a unit be both young,inexperienced and old moron.)

You call chad average, IMO he is top 10-15 QB in the NFL without a doubt, how many other QBs in the NFL would have got this team to the playoffs, Rex grossmann? Mike Vick? Not a chance.

This is Chads year to prove to you idiots just how good he is, his shoulder will be 100% and he will have great weapons, he will also have a young developing defence to back him up along with one of the best special teams units in the league.

If he fails to produce this year, then Kellen "the saviour" clemens will come in and then you guys can give all this **** to Chad, for now, while he is the starter why dont you shut the Hell up and quit bitchin about how some unproven 2nd round pick is better than a proven NFL QB with a 21-16 record in the NFL.

Brodie Croyle and Kellen Clemens both suck. The fact that you are comparing them to Carson Palmer and Phillip Rivers is ridiculous. Palmer and Rivers are both prototype NFL QB's, Croyle is a weak stick who gets injured when the wind blows on him the wrong way and has a 11.9 QB rating. Clemens can't ride some of the roller coasters at Six Flags and he is going to win us a Super Bowl.

I'm all for replacing Pennington, but unlike you I respect what Pennington has done here and actually want to replace him with someone who is actually better.

Even if you truly believe this, you have to concede that Clemens will get a chance to take over because he was a high draft choice and we dont have great QB play, and that it is best to find out what we have with him as soon as possible, so we can find a replacement for him if he busts, as soon as possible.

Thats the bottom line.

How do you know that Kellen Clemens and Brodie Croyle arn't as good? Because they were 2nd round picks? Great analysis. I guess Brady blows too.

Pennington = mediocre.

Clemens = gives a chance to be great, not a guarentee, but at least we won't be a continously 10-6 / injury plagued team year after year. I'm tired of 10-6, guess you're not.

And those are the straight, hard cold FACTS.

If you're fine with 10-6 every year and maybe one playoff win, good for you, go cheer for San Diego.

I want a championship and a Quarterback change needs to be made. Lets see what the 2nd round pick can do in '07 when Noodle Arm gets hurt or in '08 when the job will be Kellen's.

He didnt say they sucked because the were 2nd round picks... he said they sucked because Croyle was injury prone and Clemens is a midget...

I think you forget that you need to move on from the Herm days... Mangini has shown that he can train this team better to prevnt injuries...

Mangini has also taken this team just as far as Herm but with less talent... now with a better running game and more talent, the 07' JETS should have limited injuries again and an even better season.

The job wont be Kellens in 08' not with the JETS coming off a deep playoff run with Chad as the starting QB.

He didnt say they sucked because the were 2nd round picks... he said they sucked because Croyle was injury prone and Clemens is a midget...

I think you forget that you need to move on from the Herm days... Mangini has shown that he can train this team better to prevnt injuries...

Mangini has also taken this team just as far as Herm but with less talent... now with a better running game and more talent, the 07' JETS should have limited injuries again and an even better season.

The job wont be Kellens in 08' not with the JETS coming off a deep playoff run with Chad as the starting QB.

When have the Jets ever had a deep playoff run with Chad at QB? There's nothing to base that hope on, esp with the overall team being nothing more than solid.

Wait, I forgot you're the biggest homer on this site. Sorry. :cool:

When have the Jets ever had a deep playoff run with Chad at QB? There's nothing to base that hope on, esp with the overall team being nothing more than solid.

Wait, I forgot you're the biggest homer on this site. Sorry. :cool:

I think the team and coaches have improved from last season, in which they made the playoffs... that leads me to believe they will make it further in the playoffs this season...

You always try to place all the blame on Chad and then in turn never place any praise on him... did you ever think that part of the reason Chad never got deep into the playoffs because of ****ty coaching... how about a lack of play makers on the receiving end? Cotch filled a huge need...

The 07' JETS are far better than the 06' JETS... watch the magic happen and enjoy.

I think the team and coaches have improved from last season, in which they made the playoffs... that leads me to believe they will make it further in the playoffs this season...

You always try to place all the blame on Chad and then in turn never place any praise on him... did you ever think that part of the reason Chad never got deep into the playoffs because of ****ty coaching... how about a lack of play makers on the receiving end? Cotch filled a huge need...

The 07' JETS are far better than the 06' JETS... watch the magic happen and enjoy.

They wont even make the playoffs.

BTW, Santana Moss is the definition of a playmaker. More than Cotchery and Coles too, so the "lack of playmakers at receiver" is a weak and wrong arguement for the failures of Chad in past playoff games.

They wont even make the playoffs.

BTW, Santana Moss is the definition of a playmaker. More than Cotchery and Coles too, so the "lack of playmakers at receiver" is a weak and wrong arguement for the failures of Chad in past playoff games.

I loved moss... but he was too short... someone like Cotch is a perfect fit for Chad... I bigger WR than Moss who can make better plays over the middle where Chad is best and also make plays on the outside (see the Pats game(s) in 06')

Chad now has Coles and Cotch as threats, Jmac and Smith can also bring down some good catches... now the defense cant key in on one guy... this is why you saw a comeback for Chad last season... add a running game (which they did) and now you have a pretty damn good offense.

Will you quit complaining about the Jets, Mr. Armchair GM/Head Coach! THEY GOT BETTER THIS YEAR! YOU SIR, ARE THE HOMER! If the Jets did not improve, they would have gone 8-8, now they will go 10-6 or better. Everything about the Jets, you complain about. Pennington, the recieving corps(WOW You can actually bitch about Cotchery and Coles!) and on and on and on! Put a damn smile on and be friggin happy for once. You always say that you want Pennington to succeed, but the nature of every damn post of yours seems to go against that. Crown King Kellen! I understand that that is your opinion, but just act happy for once and stop being ****ing Johnny Raincloud.

Chad starts, but Clemens probably finishes the game. Regardless of our playoff position, i dont expect the Chiefs to really hang with the Jets in the game, although a TON can change between now and then. The fact of the matter is, with the # of carries LJ gets he's likely to be worn down if not on IR by the end of the year, and without him they have no offense, and they've never had a very good defense. Add in the fact that its Herm, and his teams generally fall off at the end of the year, and this is one of the rare times you can look way down the schedule and expect a win. Again, anything could happen, but i dont expect the Chiefs to be much of a challenge as of right now. I'll say Clemens plays the entire 2nd half.

Will you quit complaining about the Jets, Mr. Armchair GM/Head Coach! THEY GOT BETTER THIS YEAR! YOU SIR, ARE THE HOMER! If the Jets did not improve, they would have gone 8-8, now they will go 10-6 or better. Everything about the Jets, you complain about. Pennington, the recieving corps(WOW You can actually bitch about Cotchery and Coles!) and on and on and on! Put a damn smile on and be friggin happy for once. You always say that you want Pennington to succeed, but the nature of every damn post of yours seems to go against that. Crown King Kellen! I understand that that is your opinion, but just act happy for once and stop being ****ing Johnny Raincloud.

Cotch and Coles are a great tandem, and I always defend them when somebody slams them.

But they arent "playmakers" like a Santana Moss. ecurb said Penny has lacked playmakers. Obviously he made a mistake because I guess he forgot he had SANTANA F'N MOSS in 2002 - 2004 !!

Well, maybe they are playmakers like Moss, but we wont find out for sure until another QB with a real arm throws them the ball. Kinda like Santana Moss!

Cotch and Coles are a great tandem, and I always defend them when somebody slams them.

But they arent "playmakers" like a Santana Moss.

Well, maybe they are but like Moss, we wont find out until another QB with a real arm throws them the ball.

you mean a playmaker who is oft-injured and is up to my waist when he stands on a step ladder... just wanted to make sure we're talking about that guy.

you mean a playmaker who is oft-injured and is up to my waist when he stands on a step ladder... just wanted to make sure we're talking about that guy.

Yeah that guy who made the allpro team and had over 1,400 yards & 9 touchdowns in 2005!

Woohoo! Noodle Arm is going to let us to another 9-7 / 10-6 season!!!! Alright!!!:yawn:

Super Bowl > Playoff apperances

Stop that nonsense... All that matters is last year... sure it was indeed a 10-6 season... but with NO RUNNING GAME

If the JETS had TJ or another legit RB last season they would have easily been 12-4 or better...

With a legit RB the JETS would have had a damn good chance of winning the COlts, Bears, Browns, Bills, and possibly Pats games they lost... they would have won at least 2 of those with a legit RB to support Chad...

So before you go all crazy blaming Chad... remember he took a 6-10 or worse team with no running game and helped get them 10 wins... with a running game the JETS would have been at least 12-4 and further into the playoffs.

9 whole touchdowns? ALL YEAR! PLAYMAKER!

The league leader for receivers in 2005 had 12 touchdowns. Santana was tied for 9th in the NFL with the likes of Chad Johnson and Torry Holt.

I guess they arent playmakers. :Nuts:

When has Coles ever been in the top 10 in TDs? Never, never even cracked the top 20 in his entire career!

I dont even like Santana Moss as much as Coles, but to say he (Moss) wasnt a playmaker in 2005 is beyond ridiculous.

Clearly, Santana is a bigger playmaker than Coles or Cotchery. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to know this. I'd rather have Coles, but thats not the arguement.

The league leader for receivers in 2005 had 12 touchdowns. Santana was tied for 9th in the NFL with the likes of Chad Johnson and Torry Holt.

I guess they arent playmakers. :Nuts:

When has Coles ever been in the top 10 in TDs? Never, never even cracked the top 20 in his entire career!

I dont even like Santana Moss as much as Coles, but to say he (Moss) wasnt a playmaker in 2005 is beyond ridiculous.

Clearly, Santana is a bigger playmaker than Coles or Cotchery. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to know this. I'd rather have Coles, but thats not the arguement.

what about the 06 numbers? 6td's? 790 yards on 55 catches? Coles had 6 td's and 1098 yards and cotch also had 6td's on 961 yards. I think that Santana is oft-injured and inconsistent.

So now this year Chad will take a '06 team that went 10-6 to 8-8 or 9-7. Sweet. Great job Chad! You da' man!

We have a chance to win every game we play, we could go 16-0 or 0-16, let them play the games.

So now this year Chad will take a '06 team that went 10-6 to 8-8 or 9-7. Sweet. Great job Chad! You da' man!

WTF makes you think that?

2nd year with the coaches

An actual running game

Cotch coming off a big year

Jmac still trying to prove he is no scrub

Smith trying to emerge

Leon trying to prove he can be the man

ecurb, you really do deserve the biggest homer award. Look at the schedule, look at the improvements made not by only the Jets but by the teams they face and for once, even though I know you can't and won't, take off the #10 glasses.

Playoffs ain't gonna happen in '07 and if they do it will be the same story. Barely getting in at 10-6 as the 5 or 6 and losing in Round 1.

ecurb, you really do deserve the biggest homer award. Look at the schedule, look at the improvements made not by only the Jets but by the teams they face and for once, even though I know you can't and won't, take off the #10 glasses.

Playoffs ain't gonna happen in '07 and if they do it will be the same story. Barely getting in at 10-6 as the 5 or 6 and losing in Round 1.

Now see, heres my problem with that thinking. If the team "isnt good enough for playoffs," then making the playoffs, BY YOUR LOGIC, would be an overachievement. However, you continue saying if the Jets make the playoffs, it's a waste, and if they did make the playoffs, when/if they lose in the playoffs, it will be all Penningtons fault because he "cant carry a team on his noodle arms and shoulders". Yet...he will have taken a team that wasn't good enough for the playoffs...to the playoffs?

You cant have it both ways 124.

Archived