Who will be the JETS starting QB...

ECURB

Who will be the starter week 17?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who will be the starter week 17?

1 Sun, Sep 9 New England 1:00 PM

- The Jets will split with NE again 1-1

2 Sun, Sep 16 at Baltimore 4:15 PM

- This is a tough game... chalk it down as a loss... but you never know...

3 Sun, Sep 23 Miami 1:00 PM

- The Jets will sweep Miami again 2-0

4 Sun, Sep 30 at Buffalo 1:00 PM

- The Jets will split with the Bills 1-1

5 Sun, Oct 7 at NY Giants 1:00 PM

- This game will be won.

6 Sun, Oct 14 Philadelphia 1:00 PM

- Will Mcnabb even be ready? This is a winnable game.

7 Sun, Oct 21 at Cincinnati 4:05 PM

- Bengals arent exactly a powerhouse every week... the only way this game cant be won is if the Jets catch Palmer and 85 when they are on fire.

8 Sun, Oct 28 Buffalo 4:05 PM

9 Sun, Nov 4 Washington 1:00 PM

- This game should be won...

10 BYE WEEK

11 Sun, Nov 18 Pittsburgh 1:00 PM

- The Jets should win this game... Pitt is going to have a long year...

12 Thu, Nov 22 at Dallas 4:15 PM

- This will be tough... but I think the Jets can mess up Romo enough to win and hopefully Revis can hold TO

13 Sun, Dec 2 at Miami 1:00 PM

14 Sun, Dec 9 Cleveland 4:15 PM

- They will not screw this up again

15 Sun, Dec 16 at New England 1:00 PM

16 Sun, Dec 23 at Tennessee 4:15 PM

- Young is dangerous... but this team sucks

17 Sun, Dec 30 Kansas City 8:15 PM

- Herm will go down...

I see no reason why the Jets cant win 10-12 games.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm as big a skeptic as anyone on this board and unless ecurb posted the wrong teams, I think fear of this schedule is a joke. New England and Baltimore are very tough games. That's 3. Pittsburgh may step back up, but with what went on with their coaching staff I'm not holding my breath. Who else are we supposed to be scared of? Philly? Bengals? Maybe, both are all over the road. What other playoff teams are there? Cowboys? I'm not scared, new coach and I think Romo has come back to earth. Chiefs? LJ will probably be in a wheelchair by the time we face them. The Giants were gutted. Bills and Dolphins took a step back if anything. If the Jets suck it'll be because they suck, not because of their schedule.

The way I see it, the Jets were just so lucky to stay healthy last year. They had zero major injuries.

Odds are somebody goes down this year, or at least a few players will miss a good amount of games. Thats just the way it works....

I see us going 8-8, which puts us in the middle tier of teams in the league. The schedule isnt completely brutal but its not nearly as easy as last years. Despite the acquisition of Thomas Jones, the Oline currently built is a poor run blocking team, and Jones is not gonna make them look much better. I dont see him putting up 1,200 yards with a 4 ypc mark. And we all know Chad doesnt open up the running game with him living and dying in the short passing game, the defense constantly crowds the line of scrimmage.

The way I see it, the Jets were just so lucky to stay healthy last year. They had zero major injuries.

Odds are somebody goes down this year, or at least a few players will miss a good amount of games. Thats just the way it works....

I see us going 8-8, which puts us in the middle tier of teams in the league. The schedule isnt completely brutal but its not nearly as easy as last years. Despite the acquisition of Thomas Jones, the Oline currently built is a poor run blocking team, and Jones is not gonna make them look much better. I dont see him putting up 1,200 yards with a 4 ypc mark. And we all know Chad doesnt open up the running game with him living and dying in the short passing game, the defense constantly crowds the line of scrimmage.

I dont know where you come up with this BS about D's crowded the LOS becuase of chad... You do not need a 50 yard bomb to back the defense down... a 15-25 yard pass will do the trick to keep them honest and chad can do that... if thye crowd the line they can bring someone over the middle behind the LB's and in front of the safety... next time they wont crowd the line...,

I agree that we will be lucky to stay as injury free as last year, but not only has the team improved, but we have not lost one player of any significance. Not one. BJ Askew, Barlow and Blaylock. Ha, we lost stiffs. Only thing I'm worried about is this Kendall situation.

I dont know where you come up with this BS about D's crowded the LOS becuase of chad... You do not need a 50 yard bomb to back the defense down... a 15-25 yard pass will do the trick to keep them honest and chad can do that... if thye crowd the line they can bring someone over the middle behind the LB's and in front of the safety... next time they wont crowd the line...,

Watch the games more closely. A 15 yard pass does nothing.

You need an arm that defenses can respect. When you dont have that, defenses play closer to the line, and swarm in on running and short passing plays (which is all we do).

Watch the games more closely. A 15 yard pass does nothing.

You need an arm that defenses can respect. When you dont have that, defenses play closer to the line, and swarm in on running and short passing plays (which is all we do).

a 15-25 yard pass does do something... I think your getting "crowding the box" confused with guys jumping routes... Chad has a problem with DB's jumping his routes becuase they dont have to gaurd the bomb... thats really the only issue though

a 15-25 yard pass does do something... I think your getting "crowding the box" confused with guys jumping routes... Chad has a problem with DB's jumping his routes becuase they dont have to gaurd the bomb... thats really the only issue though

Ok...riddle me this.

346 of his 485 passes Chad attempted last year were under 10 yards. 445 of 485 were < 20.

In 2004, 326 of 370 were < 20 yards, including 235 of 370 under 10.

In 2003, 235 of 297 were < 30 yards, including 171 of 297 under 10.

If your QB attempts 65% - 75% of his passes under 10 yards why defend anything deep?

If your QB is only good at nickel and diming the D, why do they need respect anything deep? I will risk that once every month deep pass.

Will you quit complaining about the Jets, Mr. Armchair GM/Head Coach! THEY GOT BETTER THIS YEAR! YOU SIR, ARE THE HOMER! If the Jets did not improve, they would have gone 8-8, now they will go 10-6 or better. Everything about the Jets, you complain about. Pennington, the recieving corps(WOW You can actually bitch about Cotchery and Coles!) and on and on and on! Put a damn smile on and be friggin happy for once. You always say that you want Pennington to succeed, but the nature of every damn post of yours seems to go against that. Crown King Kellen! I understand that that is your opinion, but just act happy for once and stop being ****ing Johnny Raincloud.

kingkellenag7.gif

For the first time in his career, Penny finished a season. Last year this time he was making sure his shoulder could handle the season's workload, and he was busy trying to impress the new brass by learning the playbook, handling the huddle, working the 2-minute etc., etc.,....

This year the job is his, and rather than focusing on just his shoulder, Chad can strengthen his entire body. Throwing power comes more from the legs, and hip flexors than the shoulder; this will be his year to prove that.

All this BS coming from "noodle-arm" advocates should be recorded and dated. I motion the development of an ass-kissing smiley icon to be fixed to such posters if Chad continues to lead this team beyond its expectations. Kiss Chad's ass.... He's your QB; deal with it. Would you prefer Losman, Lemon or that guy in Foxborough? Cause those teams are always accepting new fans.

For the first time in his career, Penny finished a season. Last year this time he was making sure his shoulder could handle the season's workload, and he was busy trying to impress the new brass by learning the playbook, handling the huddle, working the 2-minute etc., etc.,....

This year the job is his, and rather than focusing on just his shoulder, Chad can strengthen his entire body. Throwing power comes more from the legs, and hip flexors than the shoulder; this will be his year to prove that.

All this BS coming from "noodle-arm" advocates should be recorded and dated. I motion the development of an ass-kissing smiley icon to be fixed to such posters if Chad continues to lead this team beyond its expectations. Kiss Chad's ass.... He's your QB; deal with it. Would you prefer Losman, Lemon or that guy in Foxborough? Cause those teams are always accepting new fans.

I would prefer the gay man QB'ing in Foxborough, yes. Also I doubt Pennington would have had as good a season as Losman if he played for Buffalo with only 1 WR to speak of (and who Chad is unlikely to have made good use of as a vertical/deep threat). At this stage in their respective careers, Losman is better than Drew Brees was. Some guys just take time, and Losman is no surprise since he came in there as a rookie with his "I'm awesome" attitude; the veteran players hated his guts. He's way more talented than Pennington; we'll see whether or not he eventually makes the most of it or if his head ever catches up to his physical skills.

Chad's head is way overrated. He makes a LOT of bad mistakes at critical junctions (that girlie-toss up in the air vs Chicago comes to mind as one) & can't mount a comeback over 7-8 points. With Chad at QB, if we're down by 8+ pts at any point in the game, we've already lost. So spare me the cool as a cucumber / brainiac stuff. He's a smart QB, but not uniquely smart.

The only thing I think he has a singular talent for is his play-action fakes. I think he's THE best in the league at it. He REALLY makes it look like it's going to be a handoff. Too bad he can't do more with the ball once he's sold the fake so well.

He's the Jets QB, so I'll root for him to do well in any game he plays for us, but I also can't wait until we find his replacement. If Clemens never turns out any better, then I want no part of him either. But considering that Chad was a backup who didn't start a game until week 5 of his third season, Clemens' not starting as a rookie - while the team was winning - is hardly alarming. (What was alarming was the way he looked like he'd never played QB before in the limited action he saw).

He had 2 offseasons before he became the starter to get stronger i(n 2000 and 2001), apparently he either didnt love the gym or he's just a china doll. He had his years to improve all the things you talked about, yet he still had an average arm when he became starter.....

This idea that Chads arm will get stronger because he has an offseason to just workout, is ridiculous. We all saw how average his arm was in 2002 and 2003, and that was 3 and 4 years after he was drafted!

Now, add on 2 rotator cuff surgerys and his arm is below average.

J.P. Losman has gotten to work with one good Wide Receiver in his first few years in Buffalo and Lee Evans is a bit over-rated, but still a good wideout. Who else is he going to throw the ball too? The offensive line in Buffalo has sucked as well, except of course when it was blocking the Jets' defense whenever the ball was in Willis McGahee's hands.

Losman with Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Jerricho Cotchery, Laveranues Coles & and an emerging duo of Smith & Stuckey would shine in New York, more so then Pennington.

If your QB is only good at nickel and diming the D, why do they need respect anything deep? I will risk that once every month deep pass.

You do not need a deep ball to get guys out of the box... did you miss my point? 15-25 yard passes do the trick...

What Chad needs is a RB who is respected (Jones) so that he can throw those 15-25 yard passes and also have the threat of a run... that will keep the defense off balance... a good RB also prevents the D from run blitzing becuase a good RB can break through right to the 3rd level for a big run.

The passing game makes the running game work and the running game makes the passing game work.

Chad has shown that he can be an effective passer, enough to help Curtis to the rushing title.

You do not need a deep ball to get guys out of the box... did you miss my point? 15-25 yard passes do the trick...

What Chad needs is a RB who is respected (Jones) so that he can throw those 15-25 yard passes and also have the threat of a run... that will keep the defense off balance... a good RB also prevents the D from run blitzing becuase a good RB can break through right to the 3rd level for a big run.

The passing game makes the running game work and the running game makes the passing game work.

Chad has shown that he can be an effective passer, enough to help Curtis to the rushing title.

Can chad make a 25 yard throw? I'm talking about a pass that travels 25 yards from the line of scrimmage? I wonder.

Can chad make a 25 yard throw? I'm talking about a pass that travels 25 yards from the line of scrimmage? I wonder.

Of course he can... he is actually very good at them over the middle...

Ever see this pass last year on a rainy Christmas day?

hOI-uuRodyw

It was 30 yards +

hOI-uuRodyw

It was 30 yards +

Could Chad have made that same throw to the sideline? I doubt it. He threw that straight down the field. I wasn't exactly a bullet either.

hOI-uuRodyw

It was 30 yards +

Could Chad have made that same throw to the sideline? I doubt it. He threw that straight down the field. It wasn't exactly a bullet either.

Could Chad have made that same throw to the sideline? I doubt it. He threw that straight down the field. It wasn't exactly a bullet either.

I heard ya the first time ;)

I never claimed he could make it to the sideline... thats another conversation... and this throw didnt need to be a bullet... actually it would have been incomplete if it were a bullet...

My point it... these people get out of hand and act like Chad cant throw a ball at all... the man can make most short and medium throws with normal speed and accuracy... he struggles to put speed on his long ball... and a lot of that has to do with his throwing motion and not his arm strength...

Chad has an average arm compared to NFL arms... but some of these people act like a HS QB could out throw him... its just not true...

Defenses cannot stack the box because of Chad... that leaves his BEST area of the field wide open 10-25 yards...

I never claimed he could make it to the sideline... thats another conversation... and this throw didnt need to be a bullet... actually it would have been incomplete if it were a bullet...

My point it... these people get out of hand and act like Chad cant throw a ball at all... the man can make most short and medium throws with normal speed and accuracy... he struggles to put speed on his long ball... and a lot of that has to do with his throwing motion and not his arm strength...

Chad has an average arm compared to NFL arms... but some of these people act like a HS QB could out throw him... its just not true...

Defenses cannot stack the box because of Chad... that leaves his BEST area of the field wide open 10-25 yards...

I'm not sure about that. His arm is below par for an NFL starting QB. If your man can't throw a 15-20 yard out then that handicaps the offense.

The throw he made in the playoff game that Samuel picked off and ran back for a TD was a prime example of Penny's arm. Samuel had his back turned when the ball was in the air and still had time to turn, pick it off, and then run for a TD.

Name me a starting QB in the NFL with an arm as weak as Chad!

NONE!

That pass vs the phins was an accuracy throw, a lofting over the head of the linebackers, touch pass! Great throw, but that throw doesnt stretch a defense.

Chad doesnt throw anything over 25 yards. A rare pass now and then down the field for a completetion isnt gonna do a damn thing, sorry. He's not a threat downfield, bottom line.

What?

Ok...here we go....Chad throws.....

70%

of his passes under 10 yards. While some of that is his accuracy, alot of it because of his lack of accuracy on anything over 11 yards.

This means D can pack the first ten yards and play the run or pass.

My name is green_blood, and I endorse this message. Why is every thread a smackdown over chad? WHY? I AM SO DAMN TIRED OF EVERY DAMN DAY I CHECK IT, AND EVERY DAMN THREAD TURNS INTO A FUOCKING WAR OVER CHAD. JUST STOP!! OK, JUST TAKE A DAMN BREATHER AND TALK ABOUT OTHER THINGS, O WAIT, IF IT ISNT ABOUT CHAD, ITS ABOUT TRADING VILMA OR HERM EDWARDS. WHY ARE ALL OF YOU SO DAMN OBSEESED WITH HIM. HE SUCKED, HE ****ED UP, ITS OVER ALREADY! LET HIM COOK HIS RIBS AND DESTROY CAREERS IN KC, JUST CALM THE **** DOWN! CAN THERE JUST BE A STICKIED TOPIC AT THE TOP DEVOTED TO THE ORWELLIAN WORLD OF NOBODY WINS THAT IS CHADV. KELLEN. PLEASE, JUST STOP, AND I WILL STOP WRITING IN CAPS. IM ON STRIKE RIGHT NOW, CAPS ALL THE WAY UNTIL ALL THE SENSELESS SKIRMISHES CAN JUST END!

HERM EDWARDS SUCKS!!!

Cotch and Coles are a great tandem, and I always defend them when somebody slams them.

But they arent "playmakers" like a Santana Moss. ecurb said Penny has lacked playmakers. Obviously he made a mistake because I guess he forgot he had SANTANA F'N MOSS in 2002 - 2004 !!

Well, maybe they are playmakers like Moss, but we wont find out for sure until another QB with a real arm throws them the ball. Kinda like Santana Moss!

Not saying that Pennington is te be all and end all for us at QB but I don't care if Chad was throwing to Randy Moss (in his prime) and had Peyton Manning's arm the jacka$$ calling the plays was pathetic. I believe it could have been HERM!!!

Besides that. You make Santana Moss out to be this big playmaker. Moss has had one superb "playmakin'" year for the Skins. He had one strong season for the Jets. Other than that his career is just a good one and nothing special. I remember him getting knocked off his route rather easily. Not that he couldn't fight through the initial chuck at the line I have seen him do that. But I think he took some plays off as well.

Clemens.

PennyBoyWonder, aka James Chadwick, aka Noodle Arm, aka Chad Pennington, will be injured before Week 17 and Kellen Clemens will close out the season, a season that will fall short of the playoffs, as the starting Quarterback. '08 the job will be Kellen's and the look towards the future will begin with Schottenheimer gone as a HC somewhere and the former Patriot assistant coach, Dabol I think?, taking over as OC.

And the Yankees will win the AL East........Roger that.

Let me guess some people here think Pennington sucks and shouldn't start and some people think he's a good starter.

Jesus f*cking Christ how many times will this issue will be beaten to death? The season doesn't start for 3 1/2 months. I'm starting to think all debates on Pennington should be forbidden until at least preseason.

Clemens.

PennyBoyWonder, aka James Chadwick, aka Noodle Arm, aka Chad Pennington, will be injured before Week 17 and Kellen Clemens will close out the season, a season that will fall short of the playoffs, as the starting Quarterback. '08 the job will be Kellen's and the look towards the future will begin with Schottenheimer gone as a HC somewhere and the former Patriot assistant coach, Dabol I think?, taking over as OC.

Why even bother watching if you already put the nail in their coffin?

ecurb, it seems you are still unaware that part of being a Jets fan is BELIEVING we will go 16-0 but KNOWING we will go 8-8.

Let me guess some people here think Pennington sucks and shouldn't start and some people think he's a good starter.

Jesus f*cking Christ how many times will this issue will be beaten to death? The season doesn't start for 3 1/2 months. I'm starting to think all debates on Pennington should be forbidden until at least preseason.

just don't take our roast beast!

Grinch.jpg

That is good for at least 40 threads.

Good luck with that. Although the servers would get a break from all the posts ecrub and BZ post defending Chad.

Archived