ECURB

Who will be the starter week 17?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who will be the starter week 17?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is this a question?

Chad is the QB and barring injury he will be our QB for the entire season unless the Jets do really poorly then we will see Clemens.

You obviously haven't been here very long. Several posters here truly think Pennington is one of the worst QB's in the NFL.

Why is this a question?

Chad is the QB and barring injury he will be our QB for the entire season unless the Jets do really poorly then we will see Clemens.

Exactly. Do u seriously think chad wont be the starter this season? We are looking to get the division. The only way he won't start is if he gets hurt.

I voted for Clemens.

Two reasons:

1. I am worried about Chad's ability to make it through another season. A look at his history should be enough to cause some concern.

2. IF (if) the Jets are not playoff bound I think Clemens might be given a few starts to see what he can do and set up the real competition for the job in 08 camp.

Otherwise, Chad is the starter at the begining and end because he still gives the team the best chance to win.

Clemens.

PennyBoyWonder, aka James Chadwick, aka Noodle Arm, aka Chad Pennington, will be injured before Week 17 and Kellen Clemens will close out the season, a season that will fall short of the playoffs, as the starting Quarterback. '08 the job will be Kellen's and the look towards the future will begin with Schottenheimer gone as a HC somewhere and the former Patriot assistant coach, Dabol I think?, taking over as OC.

Clemens.

PennyBoyWonder, aka James Chadwick, aka Noodle Arm, aka Chad Pennington, will be injured before Week 17 and Kellen Clemens will close out the season, a season that will fall short of the playoffs, as the starting Quarterback. '08 the job will be Kellen's and the look towards the future will begin with Schottenheimer gone as a HC somewhere and the former Patriot assistant coach, Dabol I think?, taking over as OC.

Why even bother watching if you already put the nail in their coffin?

Why even bother watching if you already put the nail in their coffin?

Because I'm a die hard fan.

Just because I don't think they'll make the playoffs doesn't mean I should stop watching the games, should it? Did you think the 95 or 96 Jets were on the verge of greatness? I don't think so. I'm watching because I love the Jets, obviously or else I wouldn't be on this site nearly everyday, and because I'm hoping for the best, while thinking this team is a 8-8, 9-7 team because of a tougher schedule and New England making improvments. We may not beat New England this season, that is a harsh reality.

Because I'm a die hard fan.

Just because I don't think they'll make the playoffs doesn't mean I should stop watching the games, should it? Did you think the 95 or 96 Jets were on the verge of greatness? I don't think so. I'm watching because I love the Jets, obviously or else I wouldn't be on this site nearly everyday, and because I'm hoping for the best, while thinking this team is a 8-8, 9-7 team because of a tougher schedule and New England making improvments. We may not beat New England this season, that is a harsh reality.

Actually, ecurb probably thought they were!

Anyways, yes I think Clemens will be in because the Jets will have 8 losses by then, or Pennington will be injured....again.

Why do you guys continually put down CP, fair enough if you hate the guy but keep it to yourself. The fact of the matter is, CHAD IS OUR STARTING QB NOW!!!!

In other words rooting against him pretty much means that you are rooting against the Jets, as last season we went as Chad went.

Your all so obsessed about Kellen Clemens saying he should be the starter. If Kellen Clemens was good enough to be the starter he would, Mangini obviously knows Chad is better and gives our team the best chance to win.

But then again I suppose you guys know more than our head coach who WATCHES THE 2 PLAY EVERY WEEK OF THE SEASON!!!

You guys talk about Penny like he was Aaron Brooks. Personally I dont really care as I know Chads gonna prove you all wrong this season.

Let me ask you Chad haters a question. If Chad produces big time this year, and led the Jets to a SB would you still be tearing into him.

Im starting to feel that you just lat out hate the guy.:yawn:

We're not rooting for Chad to fail. We want him to succeed. The facts are, however, that some of us do not buy that he can lead a team to a championship and therefore we want a change. Kellen Clemens is the best option right now behind Chad so we would like to see him take over the reigns soon enough. Most 1st and 2nd year Quarterback's don't get thrown into playing for competitive teams so seeing Kellen sit his first year and most likely for the majority of his 2nd season is not out of the norm. You groom a QB before you throw him into the fire, usually, if you want to see him succeed.

You guys that like Clemens so much let me ask you if hes so good why did chad beat him out last year when the job was up for grabs....and then let say maybe clemens is good and maybe a question of whos better was out there....which there is not.... how come mangini didnt let him try out for the starter this year...the answer...cause hes not that good, the coaches dont need to put him in a game to know if he's any good. THey can see at practice that Chad is the better man and until ol clemys can man up he's staying on the bench lol clemens is the best back up in Ny

For the 437th time, franchises who are smart will sit their future starting Quarterback for his at least his first season in the league. Was and is Jon Kitna better than Carson Palmer? No way. That's only one option but there are many, many others. Kellen Clemens is getting his 1-2 years on the bench to be ready in '08 to take over the starting reign. If he doesn't win the job in '08, then we can start questioning the type of player he is, but I assure you the job will be his '08.

You guys that like Clemens so much let me ask you if hes so good why did chad beat him out last year when the job was up for grabs....and then let say maybe clemens is good and maybe a question of whos better was out there....which there is not.... how come mangini didnt let him try out for the starter this year...the answer...cause hes not that good, the coaches dont need to put him in a game to know if he's any good. THey can see at practice that Chad is the better man and until ol clemys can man up he's staying on the bench lol clemens is the best back up in Ny

So...

Jon Kitna > Carson Palmer?

Drew Bledsoe > Tom Brady?

Doug Peterson > Donovan McNabb?

Chris Miller (and Billy Joe Tolliver) > Brett Favre?

I'm not saying Clemens is all that, but just because someone doesn't start as a rookie doesn't mean he's garbage...or even that he's worse than someone who is.

It must also mean that Testaverde (and Ray Lucas) > Pennington, right?

Mangini will play the better QB.

Has training camp even started yet, genius?

Has training camp even started yet, genius?

Who cares Genius, mangini already said chad is the guy and the point is there is a reason Chad started and will start this year. Clemens is not as good as him. So thats why I hate hearing all the clemen is the best and is so good and he is great and chould play now. He wont untill hes the best QB which he is not....genius!! seriously your sarcasm makes me laugh

Who cares Genius, mangini already said chad is the guy and the point is there is a reason Chad started and will start this year. Clemens is not as good as him. So thats why I hate hearing all the clemen is the best and is so good and he is great and chould play now. He wont untill hes the best QB which he is not....genius!! seriously your sarcasm makes me laugh

Guess that Jon Kitna and Drew Bledsoe are better then Carson Palmer and Tom Brady.:eek:

Oh, and genius, Mangini only named Chad the starter heading into Training Camp. He did name him the starter for Week 1.

Either way, Kellen will sit for a 2nd season, until Noodle Arm gets hurt or we lose 8 games and then Kellen will come in and in his 3rd season, 2008, will take over the starting reigns for good.

Your logic that if a team doesn't start someone by his 1st or 2nd season is flawed beyond belief.

You obviously haven't been here very long. Several posters here truly think Pennington is one of the worst QB's in the NFL.

You are right I haven't been here very long also try to I post on a nother Jets fan site and many of the posters feel the same way about Pennington. However, at the end of the day he is our guy and we do not have better option. If we can keep him healthy he will do a good job for us.

You do know Chad sat on the bench for 2+ years and was 3rd string his rookie year? You do know that right?

You cant say Clemens isnt as good as him until Clemens gets a chance to play. And I dont see anybody saying Clemens is so great right now, only that Chad isnt good enough to win a superbowl so the high draft pick should get the chance ASAP (Clemens) because it is inevitable that he will get a chance down the road anyways.

Yes indeed Barton. These PennyBoyWonder lovers obviously have a short-term memory seeing as their boy sat on the bench in 2000 and 2001 and was only thrown into the fire in 2002 because Vinny got injured and the team had a poor 1-3 start.

All right ! Who the h were the 3 clowns that voted for Tui? Come on out. We have ways of finding this out. :smile:

I voted for Tui, because he is gonna bring us to the super bowl! forget about chaddy p and clemmons , IT'S ALL ABOUT TUIOSOSPOSOSOS BABY!

Yes indeed Barton. These PennyBoyWonder lovers obviously have a short-term memory seeing as their boy sat on the bench in 2000 and 2001 and was only thrown into the fire in 2002 because Vinny got injured and the team had a poor 1-3 start

Yes and how did Penny do when he came in???? Took us to the playoffs, he has taken us to the playoffs nearly every year where hes played most games.

You guys should not get too high on Kellen yet because you could be setting yourself up for a huge fall, sure he could be great and I hope he is but he could also turn out to be a huge bust.

As for Chad he is a 100% proven GOOD NFL QB, as long as he's healthy he will start next year. I gaurantee it.

also 124, why do you keep saying "when noodle arm gets injured". How the **** do you know whether he'll get injured or not. He didnt miss a game last year and that was after coming back from shoulder rehab. He also had 2 rookies on the offensive line yet still "noodle arm" managed to remain healthy all season. Its more likely that he stays healthy this year than it was heasding into last year.

Yes and how did Penny do when he came in???? Took us to the playoffs, he has taken us to the playoffs nearly every year where hes played most games.

You guys should not get too high on Kellen yet because you could be setting yourself up for a huge fall, sure he could be great and I hope he is but he could also turn out to be a huge bust.

As for Chad he is a 100% proven GOOD NFL QB, as long as he's healthy he will start next year. I gaurantee it.

also 124, why do you keep saying "when noodle arm gets injured". How the **** do you know whether he'll get injured or not. He didnt miss a game last year and that was after coming back from shoulder rehab. He also had 2 rookies on the offensive line yet still "noodle arm" managed to remain healthy all season. Its more likely that he stays healthy this year than it was heasding into last year.

Chad has never had back to back injury free seasons, I'm just sayin'.

And thats not counting his 1st 2 years on the bench, obviously.

Chad has never had back to back injury free seasons, I'm just sayin'.

And thats not counting his 1st 2 years on the bench, obviously.

From fluke injuries... he was calling out 124 for basically calling him fragile...

Chad is a tough QB... no doubt about it...

Archived