How many games back before Torre gets Axed?

Latinlawyer

What's really strange-the Yanks for the first time since the bad 1980s might be sellers at the trading deadline for the first tim in forever-Mussina, Abreu, Giambi, possibly A-rod. All of these guys have no trade aluses and the Yanks would be on the hook for serious bucks. Don't see the point to spending a forutne on Clemens.

At 15.5 he has to be done.

What's really strange-the Yanks for the first time since the bad 1980s might be sellers at the trading deadline for the first tim in forever-Mussina, Abreu, Giambi, possibly A-rod. All of these guys have no trade aluses and the Yanks would be on the hook for serious bucks. Don't see the point to spending a forutne on Clemens.

At 15.5 he has to be done.

Why would anyone trade for any of those players.

With the exception of A-Rod, who you would only trade for if you could work at an extensioin (yeah, right), those players are not worth anything to anybody else. They are broken down horses.

They fetch nothing in trade value.

The problem with the yankees is not Torre alone. It is not that easy.

I think a guy who may actually have some trade value is Farnsworth. He has underperformed terribly but there are some teams out there that he could be the a key guy for. I was looking at some team stats the other day and there are some fringe teams with horriffic 'pens. The Yanks would probably have to pick up some cash but he can be moved for a solid prospect IMO.

Why would anyone trade for any of those players.

With the exception of A-Rod, who you would only trade for if you could work at an extensioin (yeah, right), those players are not worth anything to anybody else. They are broken down horses.

They fetch nothing in trade value.

The problem with the yankees is not Torre alone. It is not that easy.

Mussina would fetch something. Giambi and Abreu might be valuable. In all cases, the Yankees would still be paying most of their salaries.

This has just been such an awful season that it might be time to blow it up and start over in 2008. Which you can do with the Yankees' cash.

Mussina would fetch something. Giambi and Abreu might be valuable. In all cases, the Yankees would still be paying most of their salaries.

This has just been such an awful season that it might be time to blow it up and start over in 2008. Which you can do with the Yankees' cash.

Giambi-Broken down and one half step away from suspension.

Abreu-A selfish player who can not fit in a team concept, and never met an outfield wall that he wanted to be within 30 feet of.

Who trades for that?

Mussina-Maybe you can get something for him.

The Yankees will have huge payroll $$ coming off the books in teh next few years. They will have lots of maneuverability available to the,m.

It will be interesting to see what they do with it. Who will they earmark the new face of the franchise, with a new stadium opening? Will they panic, or will they play it straight? Will a ne GM (guessing), feel the pressure to win immediately, or will he have a chance to build on what they started with a youth and build within mode?

It will be interesting to watch, from an outsiders perspective. It si where the Mets were 3 years ago, when they decided to bring in Minaya. He got lucky (having Reyes and Wright), but also made some bold big moves wihich worked, and hit on his smaller deals as well.

We have a pool at work...how amny games back before torre gets ax'ed?

The lead bet is 15 games back. I myself said 17.5 games before Torre gets canned.

What do you guys think?

LL

Why don't you shut your f-ing mouth and do what you said you would do

Keep your f-ing posts related to your Mets

Not as if i thought you had any integrity

The Yankees will have huge payroll $$ coming off the books in teh next few years. They will have lots of maneuverability available to the,m.

It will be interesting to see what they do with it. Who will they earmark the new face of the franchise, with a new stadium opening? Will they panic, or will they play it straight? Will a ne GM (guessing), feel the pressure to win immediately, or will he have a chance to build on what they started with a youth and build within mode?

i don't know who is available but i am pretty sure that this year's upcoming FA's are some of the worst in recent years. the yankees should definitely try to unload mussina, farnsworth, proctor at the deadline and try to get a couple of young arms.

i don't know who is available but i am pretty sure that this year's upcoming FA's are some of the worst in recent years. the yankees should definitely try to unload mussina, farnsworth, proctor at the deadline and try to get a couple of young arms.

You have a Zambrano who still does not have a deal done. You have a Dontrelle Willis who teh Marlins are not going to want to play arbitration with much more, let a lone approach Free agency.

The Yankees have the chips to be creative. They also have resources.

Not very player has to be a big name acqusition. Look at the Mets with O Perez. Look at the Cubs with a Jason Marquis. Jeff Suppan.

Here's the 08 FA's......I think Andrew and Ichiro top the Yanks list besides the obvious in ARod-Jorge and Mo.

Updated 4-26-07

Catchers

Jorge Posada (36)

Ivan Rodriguez (36) - $13MM club option for '08

Paul Lo Duca (36)

Michael Barrett (31)

Jason Kendall (34)

First basemen

Adam Dunn (28) - $13MM club option for '08

Second basemen

Jeff Kent (40) - $9MM club option vests with 550 PAs this year

Marcus Giles (30) - $4MM club option for '08

Luis Castillo (32)

Tadahito Iguchi (33)

Shortstops

Omar Vizquel (41)

David Eckstein (33)

Juan Uribe (29) - $5MM club option for '08

Cesar Izturis (28) - $5.45MM club option for '08

Third basemen

Alex Rodriguez (32)

Mike Lowell (34)

Mike Lamb (32)

Pedro Feliz (33)

Left fielders

Eric Byrnes (32)

Adam Dunn (28) - $13MM club option for '08

Geoff Jenkins (33) - $9MM club option for '08

Luis Gonzalez (40)

Barry Bonds (43)

Brad Wilkerson (31)

Center fielders

Ichiro Suzuki (34)

Andruw Jones (31)

Torii Hunter (32)

Eric Byrnes (32)

Corey Patterson (28)

Milton Bradley (30)

Aaron Rowand (30)

Mike Cameron (35)

Kenny Lofton (41)

Right fielders

Jermaine Dye (34)

Bobby Abreu (34) - $16MM club option for '08

Ichiro Suzuki (34)

Milton Bradley (30)

Geoff Jenkins (33) - $9MM club option for '08

Trot Nixon (34)

Jose Guillen (32) - $9MM club option for '08

Shawn Green (35) - $10MM club option for '08

Eric Hinske (30)

DHs

Shea Hillenbrand (32)

Mike Piazza (39)

Barry Bonds (43)

Mike Sweeney (34)

Starting pitchers

Carlos Zambrano (27)

Curt Schilling (41)

Jason Jennings (29)

Freddy Garcia (32)

Kenny Rogers (43)

Mark Buehrle (29)

Jon Lieber (38)

Bartolo Colon (35)

Joe Kennedy (29)

Tomo Ohka (32)

John Thomson (34)

Kip Wells (31)

Wade Miller (31)

Livan Hernandez (33)*

Randy Wolf (31) - $9MM club option for '08

Paul Byrd (37) - $8MM club option for '08

Jeff Weaver (31)

Tom Glavine (42) - $9MM player option for '08

Kris Benson (33) - $7.5MM club option for '08

Jaret Wright (32)

David Wells (45)

Eric Milton (32)

Kyle Lohse (29)

Matt Clement (33)

Rodrigo Lopez (32)

Josh Fogg (31)

Byung-Hyun Kim (29)

Odalis Perez (31) - $9MM club option for '08

Brett Tomko (35) - $4.5MM mutual option for '08

Closers

Mariano Rivera (38)

Jason Isringhausen (35) - $8MM club option for '08

Bob Wickman (39)

Francisco Cordero (33)

Armando Benitez (35)

Eric Gagne (32)

Todd Jones (40)

Jorge Julio (29)

Middle relievers

Scott Linebrink (31)

Kerry Wood (31)

Updated 4-26-07

Catchers

Jorge Posada (36)

Michael Barrett (31)

Third basemen

Alex Rodriguez (32)

Center fielders

Eric Byrnes (32)

Aaron Rowand (30)

Starting pitchers

Carlos Zambrano (27)

Jason Jennings (29)

Mark Buehrle (29)

Jon Lieber (38)

Closers

Mariano Rivera (38)

Francisco Cordero (33)

Middle relievers

Scott Linebrink (31)

Nice find. I basically took your list and cut it down to the few gusy who would interest me. And some of these guys are only if I can't sign he current Yankee, Like Barrett at Catcher if I can't get Jorge for not more than 2 years plus a club option for a 3rd, or a 3-4 million buyout.

Proctor and Farnsworth are probably the only guys that might draw interest that the Yanks would not have to swallow some salary in a trade.

Proctor will be able to generate plenty of interest. Why would teh Yankees deal him, is beyond me. He had a real solid stretch for almost a month there, until he blew up over the weekend. Getting squeezed on that 2-2 pitch might have been part of his problem there also.

Farnsworth will generate interest if teh Yankees pay about 1-2 million towards this years contract. They also may have to contribute the same against next year's portion.

Regardless, the Yankees can't trade both, unless the potential return is enticing, such as a nice package of kids.

Moose has a full NTC, and the only team that may interest him is the Phils. However, Gillick, while he desperately needs pitching, is not the type who usually adds salary to his team. Ergo, this trade may have to include a Pat Burrell coming back, and I do not know if teh Yankees want to take back any large salaries.

Other Yankees who may have trade value include Matsui, who I can't see the Yankees trading because they might "lose face" with the Japanese. It sounds strange, but he might have better protection than a NTC.

Finally, guys like Damon and Giambi would cost the Yankees to much in Salary to trade, and what comes back is not going to be worth it.

Of course the kids like Phil Hughes have trade value. But the Yankees would be foolish to even think about this, for anyone. Same with a Chein Wang, Robbie Cano, et al.

The lead bet is 15 games back. I myself said 17.5 games before Torre gets canned.

What do you guys think?

LL

IMO, unless the Yankees are 20+ games back in August, Torre stays. Same with Cashman.

• 1 year later...

What do you guys think?

LL

hey LL did you do a pool at 711 for Willie Randolph too?

Archived