Fit the Bills? J.P. evolving into star QB

JetNation

Losman sucked last year, this article is horse feed.

He had his moments last year but he turned in an overall poor performance. As far as the article, Pete Prisco proved his knowledge by correctly predicting about 2 picks in this years draft out of the 32 1st round choices. He's laughable at times.

Sometimes I feel like I am the only person that paid any attention to the Bills last year. J.P. Losman was very good last season. Especially considering the guy has absolutely no weapons except for Lee Evans, not to mention a horrible offensive line.

Losman over Chad is indeed a laugher. Let's see, I could have a 31-year old QB with a slow-pitch softball arm, no ability turn a busted play into a big play, and absolutely no upside whatsoever, OR, I could have a 26-year old QB with a laser, rocket arm who is very good at improvisation and has a ton of upside. And he's already putting up better numbers. With less talent around him.

I'll go with A.

Losman is younger, has a stronger arm and can make plays. Can take a team, with talent, something the Bills lack at WR, minus Reed, RB and on the Offensive Line. Sorry if he couldn't get it done with an over-rated / over-priced RB in McGahee and a young WR who hasn't fully emerged yet in Evans. He needs another weapon at WR and a RB who can rush for 100+ against more then just the New York Jets' horrible run defense.

Losman is younger, has a stronger arm and can make plays. Can take a team, with talent, something the Bills lack at WR, minus Reed, RB and on the Offensive Line. Sorry if he couldn't get it done with an over-rated / over-priced RB in McGahee and a young WR who hasn't fully emerged yet in Evans. He needs another weapon at WR and a RB who can rush for 100+ against more then just the New York Jets' horrible run defense.

I'm supposed to feel bad for the guy having "over-rated / over-priced RB McGahee" in comparison to the HOF line-up the Jets fielded at RB in '06?

I like Losman. I think we all get on him a little too much. Especially for fans that are counting on Kellen Clemens. I just think his offensive cast was as good as Pennington's last year. I also don't believe there is a chance in hell he could have run Schottenheimer's offense with all the check downs and audibles as well as Chad. That being said, they only scored 1 ppg less and I think the Bills coaches are considerably worse. Who knows what Brian Schottenheimer could have done with Losman and a deep threat like Evans?

Sometimes I feel like I am the only person that paid any attention to the Bills last year. J.P. Losman was very good last season. Especially considering the guy has absolutely no weapons except for Lee Evans, not to mention a horrible offensive line.

Losman over Chad is indeed a laugher. Let's see, I could have a 31-year old QB with a slow-pitch softball arm, no ability turn a busted play into a big play, and absolutely no upside whatsoever, OR, I could have a 26-year old QB with a laser, rocket arm who is very good at improvisation and has a ton of upside. And he's already putting up better numbers. With less talent around him.

I'll go with A.

he had a better RB than Chad had last year and lee Evans is pretty good- he might have been the best WR in the div last year so let's not act like he had nothing to work w/ and let's also not forget Chad was dealing w/ a nw system(as was Losman), 2 rookies on the OL and no running game. Their #s might look similar but Chad made plays to win games while JP did not. Losman improved and is looking like he could be a solid pro but he's not as good as Chad.

I like Losman. I think we all get on him a little too much. Especially for fans that are counting on Kellen Clemens. I just think his offensive cast was as good as Pennington's last year. I also don't believe there is a chance in hell he could have run Schottenheimer's offense with all the check downs and audibles as well as Chad. That being said, they only scored 1 ppg less and I think the Bills coaches are considerably worse. Who knows what Brian Schottenheimer could have done with Losman and a deep threat like Evans?

I like Penny, i think he's a good QB, with that said.

Losman has far more potentail at this point, and everyone seems to bring up the "check downs, audibles" and what not. That's all well and good, but if the jets had losman there wouldn't be much need to do no-huddle every play. As much as i hate to say it, penny needs his smoke and mirrors to be effective, and it works for him.

The thing is, if losman can learn to run an offense like that, he will be more like Peyton than Penny.

Brian Schottenheimer would be a HC right now if his offense consisted of J.P. Losman, Willis McGahee & Lee Evans.

However, I believe Chad had a little bit MORE to work with with Laveranues Coles, Jerricho Cotchery & Leon Washington.

he had a better RB than Chad had last year and lee Evans is pretty good- he might have been the best WR in the div last year so let's not act like he had nothing to work w/ and let's also not forget Chad was dealing w/ a nw system(as was Losman), 2 rookies on the OL and no running game. Their #s might look similar but Chad made plays to win games while JP did not. Losman improved and is looking like he could be a solid pro but he's not as good as Chad.

Why do you even mention that Chad was "dealing with a new system"? As you mentioned directly afterwards, so was Losman. That would seem to make that point completely irrelevant. As for talent around them, I am sure Losman would KILL to have two reliable targets like Chad does. Evans is great, but he was lined up alongside garbage like Roscoe Parrish, Josh Reed, and Peerless Price all year. That's an all-star cast if I've ever seen it. And, as for the great McGahee, I am pretty sure he missed like a month in the middle of the season, and Losman felt the joy of handing the rock to the Great Anthony Thomas.

Oh, and what "plays" did Chad make to win games? A dump-off pass to Leon Washington? That's just hyperbole. Losman made plenty of plays to win games. Plays Chad could never dream of making.

Why do you even mention that Chad was "dealing with a new system"? As you mentioned directly afterwards, so was Losman. That would seem to make that point completely irrelevant. As for talent around them, I am sure Losman would KILL to have two reliable targets like Chad does. Evans is great, but he was lined up alongside garbage like Roscoe Parrish, Josh Reed, and Peerless Price all year. That's an all-star cast if I've ever seen it. And, as for the great McGahee, I am pretty sure he missed like a month in the middle of the season, and Losman felt the joy of handing the rock to the Great Anthony Thomas.

Oh, and what "plays" did Chad make to win games? A dump-off pass to Leon Washington? That's just hyperbole. Losman made plenty of plays to win games. Plays Chad could never dream of making.

How could Losman have made "plenty of plays to win games" when the team only won seven games? I'm not sure how many of the five they won in '05 were him and how many were Holcomb. I like Losman, but it still remains to be determined how he'll turn out. For this season I'd probably rather have Chad, but obviously, Losman has potential and is younger so if we were drafting today I'd take Losman.

but Chad made plays to win games while JP did not. Losman improved and is looking like he could be a solid pro but he's not as good as Chad.

Didnt make any plays to win games? You serious? You obviously didnt watch the Bills at all last year, thought being a Jets fan, I dont blame you.

I can think of 2 times he made huge plays to win games, right off the top of my head.

Jags game, down by 2, 1-1:30ish left on the clock, he drove us down the feild, made and EXCELLENT throw on an out route, which Parrish made a perfect catch falling out of bounds, which the next play Lindell kicked the game winning FG.

The next is this,

another great winning drive, making plays, to win games.

As for anyone who says Losman sucks, and didnt improve last year, just shows they know nothing about football, or just chooses to be ignorant, because he made tons of a huge strides in all aspects of his game.

Wow. You are just soooo wrong my friend. Saying things like this makes it hard to take your anti-Chad arguments seriously.

And what is your argument for Chad, other than just being oblivious? Before last season, his statement would have been absurd. Losman was a HORRIBLE QB his first two years in the league. But last year, he was suddenly GOOD, and it seems most people never seemed to notice. Are we so blinded by our hatred of Miami and New England that we've forgotten that there's a fourth team in the AFC East? Well, there is. And they have a damn good young QB, one that has yet to reach his full potential, and one that is ALREADY better than Chad Pennington.

Didnt make any plays to win games? You serious? You obviously didnt watch the Bills at all last year, thought being a Jets fan, I dont blame you.

I can think of 2 times he made huge plays to win games, right off the top of my head.

Jags game, down by 2, 1-1:30ish left on the clock, he drove us down the feild, made and EXCELLENT throw on an out route, which Parrish made a perfect catch falling out of bounds, which the next play Lindell kicked the game winning FG.

The next is this,

another great winning drive, making plays, to win games.

As for anyone who says Losman sucks, and didnt improve last year, just shows they know nothing about football, or just chooses to be ignorant, because he made tons of a huge strides in all aspects of his game.

he didn't make enough since you only won 7 games. Don't bash me, I am defending Losman. I think he take major strides last year and was a decent QB but he's still not close to Chad despite what last year's #s say.

Wow. You are just soooo wrong my friend. Saying things like this makes it hard to take your anti-Chad arguments seriously.

How is it not true?

Losman had McGahee (who under performed), a horrible Offensive Line and Lee Evans.

Noodle Arm had Leon, Jerricho, Laveranues & a better Offensive Line via pass protection.

Losman worked with less and still threw MORE touchdown's and LESS interceptions and only was 2 percentage points, since you Noodle Arm fans love your percentages, behind Noodle Arm.

Losman: 268-429, 62.5%, 3,051 yards, 19 TD's, 14 INT's

Noodle Arm: 313-485, 64.5%, 3,352 yards, 17 TD's, 16 INT's

Losman is up and coming, has a cannon for an arm and can stay HEALTHY. Pennington is soon to be 31, has started 1 complete season since entering the league and is on the decline, most players afer 30 are, unless you're a great one. And Chad Pennington is not great, never was even close.

And what is your argument for Chad, other than just being oblivious? Before last season, his statement would have been absurd. Losman was a HORRIBLE QB his first two years in the league. But last year, he was suddenly GOOD, and it seems most people never seemed to notice. Are we so blinded by our hatred of Miami and New England that we've forgotten that there's a fourth team in the AFC East? Well, there is. And they have a damn good young QB, one that has yet to reach his full potential, and one that is ALREADY better than Chad Pennington.

Indeed.

I'll admit that I have been blinded by my hatred for Miami & New England that Buffalo is just an after thought. Now, Losman came into his 3rd year, the year for Quarterback's to step up and start performing, and he delieverd very nicely and he is on the rise. He is the 2nd best Quarterback in the AFC East and as far as weapons he has the least amount with a rookie running back and only Lee Evans as a starting calibear Wideout, Roscoe Parrish certainly is not.

Archived