Pot, the Kettle's Callin'

Ryno the Jet

KFFL.com

Patriots | Harrison still feels Wade intentionally tried to hurt him

Tue, 5 Jun 2007 09:03:27 -0700

Karen Guregian, of the Boston Herald, reports New England Patriots SS Rodney Harrison is still upset over the hit delivered to him by WR Bobby Wade in last year's regular-season finale versus the Tennessee Titans. "I think he intentionally tried to blow out my knees, because if he wouldn't have, he would've come and hit me up high," Harrison said. "You don't go at someone's knees. That's their livelihood, that's the way they make a living. If I get a chance, I'm not going to intentionally try to hurt the guy. With all that being said, it's football. It wasn't an illegal hit but there are some things I believe you just don't do. You don't intentionally try to take somebody's knees out. He did. So you move forward."

sbllblraa.gif

I don't know, I didn't follow Harrison much with the Chargers but in the time he's been in New England I can't remember him ever trying to take anyone's knees out.

Me neither, but he has been repeatedly voted by fellow players as the dirtiest player in the league.

I'm not sure about the hit he's whining about, but isn't blocking dbs low pretty much standard practice for a wr? It's not like he was "engaged on the line" or anything.

It happened in the last regular season game. The WR went low and took out Rodney's knees. That would have been fine except the ball carrier was nowhere near where the "block" happened.

He's one of those guys that you hate until he ends up on your team.

I don't hate him. I respected him when he was with the Chargers and the Patriots, until Karma blew his knee out last year and he started acting like a jilted teenager on prom night. that's when I started to lose respect for him.

I don't hate him. I respected him when he was with the Chargers and the Patriots, until Karma blew his knee out last year and he started acting like a jilted teenager on prom night. that's when I started to lose respect for him.

Fair point.

I think what really pissed him off was that he had just returned from an injury a few weeks prior and the hit prevented him from playing in playoffs.

Fair point.

I think what really pissed him off was that he had just returned from an injury a few weeks prior and the hit prevented him from playing in playoffs.

You get what you give.

If you want to be treated with respect don't spend your entire career building a reputation as the dirtiest player in the NFL.

Or something like that. :P

Something along those lines... lol

If you want to be treated with respect don't spend your entire career building a reputation as the dirtiest player in the NFL.

Or something like that. :P

Yeah when Ecurb dies, no one will go to his funeral, since ya know he's uncomfortable at them, so Max has agreed to just bury him in the "Last post in this thread wins" thread.

Archived