Lets hear it for the Mets!!

Barton

Actually, that's the mark of a crap division.

Crap division or not, those Atlanta Braves are helping you out right now (6-1 ATL leading Boston in the 5th).

By the way, are the Blue Jays, D-Rays and Orioles really all that much better than the Phillies, Nationals and Marlins? I wouldn't mind facing any of those teams 19 times each.

Actually, that's the mark of a crap division.

Pretty much. You dont lose, what is it, 11 of 13? and still sit in 1st place when all you had was a 4 or 5 game lead before the skid started unless the other teams in the division are just average.

Oh and Schilling is garbage. He's throwing BP out there.

Only Yankee fans can try and justify being 8 back while downplaying the fact the Mets are in 1st place. Worry about that 8-15 record in the weak AL East.

Only Met homers won't admit that the Mets are only still in first place because their division is awful.

Only Yankee fans can try and justify being 8 back while downplaying the fact the Mets are in 1st place. Worry about that 8-15 record in the weak AL East.

Um. I was simply stating the fact that losing 11 of 13 and still being in first doesn't mean a team is that good, but rather their division is not good.

Geez, you take things more personal than mikemad. Pretty funny.

Um. I was simply stating the fact that losing 11 of 13 and still being in first doesn't mean a team is that good, but rather their division is not good.

Geez, you take things more personal than mikemad. Pretty funny.

You are trying to tell me that AL East- two teams are above 500 right now is a great division- please baltimore just fired their manager because they stink-Tampa Bay is a little better this year but still has no pitching really and Toronto as usual is not as good as the Yanks and Bosox and under 500.

You are trying to tell me that AL East- two teams are above 500 right now is a great division- please baltimore just fired their manager because they stink-Tampa Bay is a little better this year but still has no pitching really and Toronto as usual is not as good as the Yanks and Bosox and under 500.

Where did I say that? This discussion was about the NL East sucking, not the AL East sucking, which is another matter.

Jesus H.

Toronto is better than any team in the NL east, mets aside. And the Yankees and Red Sox would be the best teams in the entire NL. The drays would compete in the NL too.

Hey, its the way it is so there is no sense in harping on it but lets not pretend the NL is not the complete joke that the entire AL knows it is. Just look at the interleague beatdowns.

Toronto is better than any team in the NL east, mets aside. And the Yankees and Red Sox would be the best teams in the entire NL. The drays would compete in the NL too.

Hey, its the way it is so there is no sense in harping on it but lets not pretend the NL is not the complete joke that the entire AL knows it is. Just look at the interleague beatdowns.

Then why have the Yanks only split with the Mets the last 2 seasons if they'd be the best team in the NL East? Toronto sucks and 3 or 4 NL East teams are better than them. Typical Barton speak .

Riddle me this----what does it say that the Yanks just won 11 of 12 yet are only 3 games above .500? It means with the exception of 2 weeks they have sucked all season.

New rule: When the Yanks are struggling to obtain a .500 record and chasing the WC they get to switch divisions. Again for the dumb and thick headed, NL rosters would be built much differently if they were part of the AL.

06 play-offs....Tigers completely embarass Yanks......NL Cards embarass Tigers.

Current defending World Champs reside in the NL. Instead of playing " if we could pick our division", worry about the WC and possibly escaping the division round at a 200 mill plus payroll.

And please, no history lesson responses concerning Yankee teams many never saw play. Stay current where you will find there are 12 teams in MLB with better records than the Yanks. But hey, if you were only in the NL West you'd show the BB world.:P

BTW, the poor misfortunate having to play in the big bad AL East Yanks are about .500 against winning teams all season.

Riddle me this----what does it say that the Yanks just won 11 of 12 yet are only 3 games above .500? It means with the exception of 2 weeks they have sucked all season.

Beacause there pitching staff was a mess for 6 weeks of the season. Now that they have worked through their spring training period, they are gelling and performing up to snuff.

Then why have the Yanks only split with the Mets the last 2 seasons if they'd be the best team in the NL East? Toronto sucks and 3 or 4 NL East teams are better than them. Typical Barton speak .

New rule: When the Yanks are struggling to obtain a .500 record and chasing the WC they get to switch divisions. Again for the dumb and thick headed, NL rosters would be built much differently if they were part of the AL.

06 play-offs....Tigers completely embarass Yanks......NL Cards embarass Tigers.

Current defending World Champs reside in the NL. Instead of playing " if we could pick our division", worry about the WC and possibly escaping the division round at a 200 mill plus payroll.

And please, no history lesson responses concerning Yankee teams many never saw play. Stay current where you will find there are 12 teams in MLB with better records than the Yanks. But hey, if you were only in the NL West you'd show the BB world.:P

BTW, the poor misfortunate having to play in the big bad AL East Yanks are about .500 against winning teams all season.

Oh, ok so now we take 1 series between a team from each league to decide which league is better. Makes alot of sense. Its not like there's 30 other teams in the league. And ignore that the AL gave the NL the biggest beatdown in the history of interleague play in 2006, and again is whooping up on them in 2007. No, that means nothing.

And the yankees are now just acouple games back of the Mets, soon to pass them in win totals.

Beacause there pitching staff was a mess for 6 weeks of the season. Now that they have worked through their spring training period, they are gelling and performing up to snuff.

LOL...so we now have played the,

Woe is the Yankees have to play in the AL card.

Woe is the Yankees have to play in the AL East card.

Woe is the Yankees record due to injuries card.

Met fans lost 2/3 of their outfield , their 2nd baseman and one of their SP's yet never complain about injuries.

Gel this, you are 8 games out of first and 5 out of the WC with the highest payroll in baseball. Remember Met fans took it easy on the Yank fans until the recent chest thumping began at the first sign of a winning streak. I think Yank fans are like this due to years of listening to the Yankee Excuse Station and homers like Georgie girl, Sterling and Kay. Maybe for another 50 mill in payroll MLB will let you hand pick the division you play in....for another 100 mill they'll let you cross off the teams you don't want to play.

Bull****.

And you cry too much.

It's annoying.

Really? Am I complaining about injuries or schedule or the league I play in.

Every time the Yanks don't look like a sure thing the "league comparisons" start.

It's weak and while I have no issues with you, if my responding to those lame excuses bothers you, use the ignore feature.

Really? Am I complaining about injuries or schedule or the league I play in.

Every time the Yanks don't look like a sure thing the "league comparisons" start.

It's weak and while I have no issues with you, if my responding to those lame excuses bothers you, use the ignore feature.

I just can't stand the whining. Who gives a flying f. The Yankees are doing what they're doing in the AL, and the Mets are doing what they're doing in the NL. Neither team is clearly better than the other. There are fans on both sides of the fence here who personalize everything and make this board no fun at times.

Sounds like the World Series.

Now you are cheapening the number 26.

Don't do that.

So are you saying the AL has always been better than the NL?? Because that is not true, at all. The NL had their run in the 90's, the 00's is the ALs time. Maybe the NL takes back over in the 10's; its a cycle thing.

So are you saying the AL has always been better than the NL?? Because that is not true, at all. The NL had their run in the 90's, the 00's is the ALs time. Maybe the NL takes back over in the 10's; its a cycle thing.

You were commenting on the idea of one series deciding which team is better, which I commented on tthat is what the entire World Series is predicated upon.

You were commenting on the idea of one series deciding which team is better, which I commented on tthat is what the entire World Series is predicated upon.

I understand that.....but

You insinuated that the Yankees 26 championships were all won when the NL was an inferior league. Clearly, not true.

I understand that.....but

You insinuated that the Yankees 26 championships were all won when the NL was an inferior league. Clearly, not true.

I did not insiniate that at all.

I commented on the meaning of 1 series determining a better team.

Which, BTW, I have heard many baseball people speak on teh subject and heard often that a seven game series will find the better team the MAJORITY of teh time.

Key word, majority. But, they look at 7 game series being somewhat conclusive.

I would suggest that Yankee fans do the same.

Archived