Lets hear it for the Mets!!

Barton

Split another regular season series with the Mets. Thankfully we hold the only one that truely maters though back in 2000.:)

Wang was excellent tonight and the Mets' bats were nowhere to be found.

Another important win and strong outing from Wang, as if we should expect anything less.

It's nice to know the Mets are 3-13 in their last 16 games and still holding on to 1st place, while the Yanks are 13-3 in the same stretch and still 8.5 games back.

God I love the National League.

I have to be honest. It stings when you put it that way. lol.

Threads like this is why most take great delight when the Yanks get dismissed in the divisional round. You split the season series and act like you beat us 5 of 6. You also lost a game in the standings. 124 finds the need to talk about 2000 upon realizing the Yanks have played .500 ball against the Mets the past two seasons. Barton is just Barton the waffle king.

No dis intended to the classier Yank fans who realize the Yanks accomplished nothing against the Mets this season.

Now carry on with the circle jerk but please.....CHECK THE STANDINGS.

Note* see Bob's post for the proper response to this w/end.

Threads like this is why most take great delight when the Yanks get dismissed in the divisional round. You split the season series and act like you beat us 5 of 6. You also lost a game in the standings. 124 finds the need to talk about 2000 upon realizing the Yanks have played .500 ball against the Mets the past two seasons. Barton is just Barton the waffle king.

No dis intended to the classier Yank fans who realize the Yanks accomplished nothing against the Mets this season.

We do the same stuff. Give it a rest GS, there are idiots for both teams. Enough with the "holier than thou" mantra....on both sides.

We do the same stuff. Give it a rest GS, there are idiots for both teams. Enough with the "holier than thou" mantra....on both sides.

Wow.... I was about to make a post telling GS to check out the threads when the Mets beat the Yanks..... but JF80, a Met fan, did it better than I could have.

Well said.

JF80 -- Great post. Seriously we all do it. None of us are right when we do it. But it happens anyway.

Blame JetMo, if you can find him. I'm just dishing out what I got. Tuff sh#tties! :Nuts:

JF80 -- Great post. Seriously we all do it. None of us are right when we do it. But it happens anyway.

What can I say. The Yankees humble the Mets every season when Interleague Play comes along, either by stalemating the Mets with a 3-3 tie in the series or simply keeping them from putting the hammer down. Add to that the Mets lackluster stretch over the last 3 weeks, and there is absolutely nothing that can be added to the discussion from our perspective.

Hell, the Mets won't even win the Wild Card if they can't find an answer to their pitching woes. The bridge to Billy Wagner sucks (and I don't trust Wagner in a big spot, either), Glavine is (finally) showing his age, and role players (Ruben Gotay, Endy Chavez, Carlos Gomez) are seeing way too much time on the field right now. Signing all those aging stop-gaps are finally starting to come back to haunt Omar Minaya.

Mets will be fine. Coming into the season I felt they would miss the play-offs due to pitching but the staff has been a nice suprise. All teams slump at some point and Omar will be a player come the trade deadline. Mark of a good team is being banged up during the schedule we just had and still being in 1st place.

Mets will be fine. Coming into the season I felt they would miss the play-offs due to pitching but the staff has been a nice suprise. All teams slump at some point and Omar will be a player come the trade deadline. Mark of a good team is being banged up during the schedule we just had and still being in 1st place.

Actually, that's the mark of a crap division.

Archived