Pressure's on Manning, off Pennington - ESPN.com

Making comebacks after stinking all day is not something that Pennington is known for. He's more likely to stink all day & let a bad play affect the next series. He has a BIG-time memory when it comes to bad plays. And games are more likely to end up like the Jax & Chicago games & NE in the playoffs. One awful play & the game is over & Jets fans just cry that "oh well I guess the whole team isn't good enough" as a result. The Cleveland game was just dumb luck that the game wasn't already totally out of hand in the 4th quarter b/c of one of Justin Miller's 100 yd KO returns & Graham netting like 70 yds on a late 4th-Q punt after Chad couldn't move us 2 feet on the prior series.

And that pass to Baker would have tied the game, not won the game. Chad put us in quite a hole against an otherwise 3-12 team. For 58 minutes vs an awful Browns team, he didn't look like he even belonged in the NFL.

while I agree that chad has a hard time righting the ship after a bad start and maybe his memory is too long for his own good at times sperm, He has also shown flashes of brilliance in qb management skills thru many games. It's too bad our "most knowledgeable poster" never seems to recgognize such games

Nah...... but I have a lot of friends who reside in NY and NJ. ;)

That whole Giants being the no.1 football team in NY seems to be changing. The Jets have been the better team for the most part over the last several years. We also now have Mangini as our coach which is helping the change.

I can't wait til week 5.

You just quoted TX.:eek:

You have officially gone over to the dark side.

You didn't realize that when he said he hoped the Jets would start the season 1-5 just so Pennington would lose the starting job?

You can't take anything Barton says seriously because he is actively rooting for the Jets to fail.

That whole Giants being the no.1 football team in NY seems to be changing. The Jets have been the better team for the most part over the last several years. We also now have Mangini as our coach which is helping the change.

I can't wait til week 5.

Indeed.

I cannot wait for the Jets fans to be out in full force at the Giants home game. There is no excuse for that stadium to not have TONS of Jets fans. We are going to embarass those puney little ****s. Cannot wait.

Indeed.

I cannot wait for the Jets fans to be out in full force at the Giants home game. There is no excuse for that stadium to not have TONS of Jets fans. We are going to embarass those puney little ****s. Cannot wait.

Except for the fact that they are sold out with season ticket holders like we are for our games, lol.

Except for the fact that they are sold out with season ticket holders like we are for our games, lol.

No excuses. There will be THOUSANDS of tickets avaiable all over the internet, malls and ticket selling companies on highways & towns, etc.

Thousands.

The Jets fans should be buying those tickets. I for one will be there, at any cost. I will also not care about paying $60 for a pre-paid parking pass, I want some Jets flags flying high at that game.

No excuses. There will be THOUSANDS of tickets avaiable all over the internet, malls and ticket selling companies on highways & towns, etc.

Thousands.

The Jets fans should be buying those tickets. I for one will be there, at any cost. I will also not care about paying $60 for a pre-paid parking pass, I want some Jets flags flying high at that game.

hmmm a JETS tailgate... at a Giants game

Count me in! :)

NNNUUUGGEEE

hmmm a JETS tailgate... at a Giants game

Count me in! :)

NNNUUUGGEEE

THATS the spirit! Only true Jets fans will fork over the $150-250 for that game.

Will you sit at home or will you pay up?

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS !!!

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

Chad Pennington has that Tiger Woods thing where he can shut out what just happened and concentrate on what next to do-Manning doesn't.I keep thinking back to the Cleveland loss,where he stunk it up all day and still came back and made a great throw to Baker that could have (SHOULD have) won the game...

Are you ****ing kidding me? Sometimes I wonder if you even watch the Jets.

One of the knocks on Chad Pennington his entire career has been that he curls up into the fetal position if he makes mistakes early in a game. The only time I can ever remember him putting something behind him is when he fumbled on the first drive against Minnesota this year. And that was against a 6-10 team with one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. So congrats there, Chadwick Woods.

while I agree that chad has a hard time righting the ship after a bad start and maybe his memory is too long for his own good at times sperm, He has also shown flashes of brilliance in qb management skills thru many games. It's too bad our "most knowledgeable poster" never seems to recgognize such games

Yes. Too bad indeed.

I could always retire & get part-time work altering NFL logos for my internet buddies' boats.

Enjoy your sig freedom now while you have it sucka!!

Riiight.

When Chad goes 3-6 or worse against winning teams, we'll see whose sig is lost. Remember, you have to have both a winning record vs winning teams and a top ten passer rating to win joebaby, good luck.

Riiight.

When Chad goes 3-6 or worse against winning teams, we'll see whose sig is lost. Remember, you have to have both a winning record vs winning teams and a top ten passer rating to win joebaby, good luck.

Im confused. Its impossible to go 3-6 against winning teams if your record at the end of the year is 14-2, isn't it?

Riiight.

It is a top 1/3 of all players playing 10 or more games for the passer rating, and yes that combined with a winning record versus winning teams.

Archived