AFC East belongs to the Jets in the near future

My big fear is that when Belly retires Kraft will lure Mangini and Tannenbaum to NE! The Jets better lock them up.

I think that is part of the bad feelings by Belichick. I think he envisioned Eric as his eventual replacement. Probably, unlike Bill he chose to escape the shadow of his mentor much earlier.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that is part of the bad feelings by Belichick. I think he envisioned Eric as his eventual replacement. Probably, unlike Bill he chose to escape the shadow of his mentor much earlier.

Mangini is not going to live in the shadows of BB his whole coaching career. Sorry to tell you Pat fans but Mangini is going to be the coach of the Jets for a long time. He is building something special, and not so he can play his own team 2 times a year. Mangini is a Jet.

Also in 2-3 seasons when BB leaves, Tom Brady is going to be a QB on the decline, he is getting older and will not be the "golden boy" forever.

Originally Posted by Greenseed3 viewpost.gif

Yeah, before they abandoned the principle of high character players.

Whatever you say mate. The Pats haven't changed their philosophy one bit.

Leon Washington sounds like a "high character" guy. Punching a woman and then running is awesome.

___

You mean character like the Jets have for keeping a player that just few weeks ago punched a 110 pound woman in the mouth because she wouldn't give him the time of day? Thats the kind of character players the Jets have. :rolleyes:

Listen doushe... Next time you try to respond for another poster, try reading the entire thread first. This thread was three pages. I'm sure you have it in you. Perhaps you can focus your next post on how to correctly spell, "douche".

gainzo, you're an intelligent poster. Would you pull this guy aside, please. He's making pats fans look dumb. Personally, I prefer the intelligent debates.

You mean character like the Jets have for keeping a player that just few weeks ago punched a 110 pound woman in the mouth because she wouldn't give him the time of day? Thats the kind of character players the Jets have. :rolleyes:

No, he means the type of character players such as L. Washington, C. Pennington, J. Cotchery, T. Jones, J. Vilma, K. Rhodes, Darelle Revis, Hank Poteat, etc... etc... Not players such as R. Moss, D. Stallworth, and Merriweather who tank on the field, throw hissy fits about contacts, and stomp on opponents heads during games.

You can't possibly be serious.

I don't know if the Jets were actually better then the Pats in 04, but thats the best team the Jets have had talent wise since '98. We could've easily been playing in th Super Bowl in 04 if we didnt have a retard for a coach. Sorry if thats an insult to retards.

With out question The Jets will dominate the AFCe. Its just a question of how many seasons will we have to wait. Thats always been the question since Namaths one glorious season. Im betting that this is the season, yes this one is it. The one we have waited for and is only spoken by soft voices in dark rooms of jets fans all across the country. Yes this will be the season where the Jets rise up in the AFCe and out of NE's huge ****ing shodow and cast one of our own....

'05 was a huge pitfall. Following a playoff year, (where one kick would've sent us to the title game), we lost our center, our running-back, and two QBs.

If anything, '06's return to the post-season was a reflection of how good this team really is. I imagine Brady's injury-free days are numbered... and once they expire the team that is based solely on Belichik and Brady will have to survive with half of the puzzle. I think the team is a bit too reliant on the two, and their lack of failure will be riding the coat-tails of their good health.

I'm not a fan to wish bad health on anybody... I'm just saying, our team endured some devestating blows and rebounded after one 4-12 season. Not many teams can do that. Not even the Pats. I think once Brady goes down, or BB for that matter; the team is done.

'05 was a huge pitfall. Following a playoff year, (where one kick would've sent us to the title game), we lost our center, our running-back, and two QBs.

If anything, '06's return to the post-season was a reflection of how good this team really is. I imagine Brady's injury-free days are numbered... and once they expire the team that is based solely on Belichik and Brady will have to survive with half of the puzzle. I think the team is a bit too reliant on the two, and their lack of failure will be riding the coat-tails of their good health.

I'm not a fan to wish bad health on anybody... I'm just saying, our team endured some devestating blows and rebounded after one 4-12 season. Not many teams can do that. Not even the Pats. I think once Brady goes down, or BB for that matter; the team is done.

I agree, but basically every team in the NFL relies pretty heavily on their starting QB and head coach. You can't sign good players to back up your team leaders sometimes because it shows that you don't trust your leaders. This is a bad message that may affect both the performance of the player and the team.

I agree, but basically every team in the NFL relies pretty heavily on their starting QB and head coach. You can't sign good players to back up your team leaders sometimes because it shows that you don't trust your leaders. This is a bad message that may affect both the performance of the player and the team.

I can see what you're saying, and am excited about it's implications. Cassell leading the Pats is nowhere near as frightening as Brady. Similarly, Belichik having a Martz-like season-ender wouldn't bode well for the wishfull champions. The Pats haven't endured an injury they couldn't "overcome" like we had to face in '05. Sure they had the Bruschi scare, and the Harrison drought.... I think that was fore-shadowing for whats to come.

Also, where would the Colts be without Manning? exactly. Who's their back-up? exactly. Our team is not that far off... We're actually in a better place should trauma occur then the AFC "super-teams" it's all about depth.

I can see what you're saying, and am excited about it's implications. Cassell leading the Pats is nowhere near as frightening as Brady. Similarly, Belichik having a Martz-like season-ender wouldn't bode well for the wishfull champions. The Pats haven't endured an injury they couldn't "overcome" like we had to face in '05. Sure they had the Bruschi scare, and the Harrison drought.... I think that was fore-shadowing for whats to come.

Also, where would the Colts be without Manning? exactly. Who's their back-up? exactly. Our team is not that far off... We're actually in a better place should trauma occur then the AFC "super-teams" it's all about depth.

And if Pennington goes down for the Jets, or something happens to Mangini, the Jets will be worse off as well. If Drew Brees goes down for the Saints, they will be worse off. Etc...Etc... The point is that every good team has to rely on and have faith in its starting QB.

And if Pennington goes down for the Jets, or something happens to Mangini, the Jets will be worse off as well. If Drew Brees goes down for the Saints, they will be worse off. Etc...Etc... The point is that every good team has to rely on and have faith in its starting QB.

What is the point of this debate, man?

I said it's time for Brady to get some of his due-bruises, which might impact his career; and our success in the division. Brees hurt his arm and was traded outside of the conference. Thats my point!

If Brady went down for a year, do you think the Jets would have a better shot at clinching the division? Would you rather convert this thread into a generic "QB's who falter, hurt their team" debate??? I could've sworn this was about the AFCE and the near future.

Stay on topic, man.

What is the point of this debate, man?

I said it's time for Brady to get some of his due-bruises, which might impact his career; and our success in the division. Brees hurt his arm and was traded outside of the conference. Thats my point!

If Brady went down for a year, do you think the Jets would have a better shot at clinching the division? Would you rather convert this thread into a generic "QB's who falter, hurt their team" debate??? I could've sworn this was about the AFCE and the near future.

Stay on topic, man.

I said I agree with all that. I was just responding to your comment "the pats are too reliant on their HC(BB) and QB(T.Brady)

I said I agree with all that. I was just responding to your comment "the pats are too reliant on their HC(BB) and QB(T.Brady)

Cheers.

We are one injury away from total AFCE dominance. Perhaps Brady (riding a motorcycle without a helmet) will crash into Belichik untimely caught fighting his pit-bulls.

While that kind of wishfull thinking sounds evil... I would definitely send flowers.

I don't know if the Jets were actually better then the Pats in 04, but thats the best team the Jets have had talent wise since '98. We could've easily been playing in th Super Bowl in 04 if we didnt have a retard for a coach. Sorry if thats an insult to retards.

I'll answer that question for you. No, they were not. That was the best Patriots team ever. They won the SB. They were feared. The Jets could not have easily won the SB that year - I don't care who the coach was. The reason? The Patriots were far superior.

Wow.

Tell me who our Quarterback is in 4 years.

All of these "the Jets are gonna rule the afcE threads" are a waste of time if we dont have a freakin good Quarterback by the time the patsies are cooked (2 or 3 years from now). Hint: Its not Pennington, and it might not be Clemens either. We do not know, and for that reason alone we cannot say we will be great in the near future. Sorry but it is true.

Tell me who our Quarterback is in 4 years.

All of these "the Jets are gonna rule the afcE threads" are a waste of time if we dont have a freakin good Quarterback by the time the patsies are cooked (2 or 3 years from now). Hint: Its not Pennington, and it might not be Clemens either. We do not know, and for that reason alone we cannot say we will be great in the near future. Sorry but it is true.

Then don't respond to them. I think it's safe to say that everyone is sick of discussing your views on the QB situation. Perhaps you can keep your input in QB threads.

Sorry but its true. You're like a pizza advocate running into Mexican cafe's, Burger-joints, steak houses and Chinese restuarants, telling everyone that they're eating crap.

DUDE! just eat your damn pizza! You don't like steak?! Stay out of the steak house.

Then don't respond to them. I think it's safe to say that everyone is sick of discussing your views on the QB situation. Perhaps you can keep your input in QB threads.

Sorry but its true. You're like a pizza advocate running into Mexican cafe's, Burger-joints, steak houses and Chinese restuarants, telling everyone that they're eating crap.

DUDE! just eat your damn pizza! You don't like steak?! Stay out of the steak house.

I prefer the Sizzler, where I can get pizza and steak at the same place.

Originally Posted by Greenseed3 viewpost.gif

Yeah, before they abandoned the principle of high character players.

___

Listen doushe... Next time you try to respond for another poster, try reading the entire thread first. This thread was three pages. I'm sure you have it in you. Perhaps you can focus your next post on how to correctly spell, "douche".

gainzo, you're an intelligent poster. Would you pull this guy aside, please. He's making pats fans look dumb. Personally, I prefer the intelligent debates.

Nice personal attack, thats a sure sign of an intelligent poster. By the way maybe you could answer the question and explain to all of us just how classy this JET team is. Lets see if the Patriots abandoned the principle of having high character players as you say, then what does that make the jets? Are you saying the Jets don't still have a roster spot open for a scum-bag CB that punched a 110 pound woman in the mouth because she wouldn't give give him the time of day? Are you saying that the same scum-bag didn't lead police on a foot chase through the streets until they caught him hiding in a parking garage? Thats character and class all right.:rolleyes:

Nice personal attack, thats a sure sign of an intelligent poster. By the way maybe you could answer the question and explain to all of us just how classy this JET team is. Lets see if the Patriots abandoned the principle of having high character players as you say, then what does that make the jets? Are you saying the Jets don't still have a roster spot open for a scum-bag CB that punched a 110 pound woman in the mouth because she wouldn't give give him the time of day? Are you saying that the same scum-bag didn't lead police on a foot chase through the streets until they caught him hiding in a parking garage? Thats character and class all right.:rolleyes:

Go post on your little Patriots message boards... Oh yea I forgot, sorry fans= sorry message boards.

First time ever, but im gonna select that saying as a POTW nomination...

"sorry fans=sorry Message Boards...

Go post on your little Patriots message boards... Oh yea I forgot, sorry fans= sorry message boards.

First time ever, but im gonna select that saying as a POTW nomination...

"sorry fans=sorry Message Boards...

Did you just try and give yourself a POTW nom???

Now I have seen it all...

wow. Lets see, who are the Jets key players? Chad Pennington, (strong work ethic, intelligent, team first attitude) Thomas Jones (Team first attitude, strong work ethic, "workout warrior") Laverneus Coles (Hard worker, one of the toughest WR's in the NFL who never takes a play off even if he's injured, and will do w/e it takes to help the team) Jerricho Cotchery (Hard worker, never complained about PT, even when he was severely underused by Herm Edwards, team first attitude) J. Vilma (Smart, team first attitude - went along with 3-4 and tried to do what he could to help the team even though it made his stats worse, role-model type leader) K. Rhodes, (Smart, hard worker, gamefilm analyst, team first attitude, role model)...

Now, lets look at the Pats key players heading into '07.

Randy Moss (lets little injuries nag, tanks on plays where he is not the focus, does whatever is best for him and doesn't care about the team) Donte Stallworth (Selfish, wants lots of money even though he's at best an avg #2 wr) Asante Samuel (so pissed at the team that he is threatening to hold out until week 10, sick of seeing the team treat people this way)...

Get the picture Shasta?

Did you just try and give yourself a POTW nom???

Now I have seen it all...

Yes I did... I been here a long time and never selected my own post as a POTW nomination... But why do you think all these Patriot fans come to Jet sites? From TGG, JI and JN... We have great fans who are crazy about the Jets and talk about crazy things.

Now go over to a Patriot site, and you will understand why they all spend more time over here.

So yes... POTW for Sorry Fans= Sorry Message boards.

wow. Lets see, who are the Jets key players? Chad Pennington, (strong work ethic, intelligent, team first attitude) Thomas Jones (Team first attitude, strong work ethic, "workout warrior") Laverneus Coles (Hard worker, one of the toughest WR's in the NFL who never takes a play off even if he's injured, and will do w/e it takes to help the team) Jerricho Cotchery (Hard worker, never complained about PT, even when he was severely underused by Herm Edwards, team first attitude) J. Vilma (Smart, team first attitude - went along with 3-4 and tried to do what he could to help the team even though it made his stats worse, role-model type leader) K. Rhodes, (Smart, hard worker, gamefilm analyst, team first attitude, role model)...

Randy Moss (lets little injuries nag, tanks on plays where he is not the focus, does whatever is best for him and doesn't care about the team) Donte Stallworth (Selfish, wants lots of money even though he's at best an avg #2 wr) Asante Samuel (so pissed at the team that he is threatening to hold out until week 10, sick of seeing the team treat people this way)...

Get the picture Shasta?

Wow you just may have broken the record for one of the dumbest posts ever.

1. Randy Moss, so selfish he cut 6.9 million off his contract to come to play for the Patriots for 2.5 million and no bonus. He could care so little about the team that he canceled all his off-season plans to come into Foxbro and work out with the team three weeks before passing camp, and decided to stay in foxbro and keep working.

2. Donte Stallworth, so selfish and money hungry, he told his agent to turn down amuch lager contract with Denver, so he could play for Tom Brady and B.B. By the way Stallworth, since being drafted has produced every bit as much on the feld as Deon Branch.

3. Asante Samuel, so sick that the teams treating him so awful that they are only going to pay him8 million bucks for one season. :rolleyes:

Bottom line,,, you don't know what your talking about, get the picture ganggreenman??

Get the picture Shasta?

This is funny stuff! I thoroughly enjoyed your unbiased analysis! hahahahahaha....they key players on the Pats are Moss, Stallworth and Samuel. Damn, no wonder I come t o JN. It's football acumen like that you can't get anywhere else.

This is funny stuff! I thoroughly enjoyed your unbiased analysis! hahahahahaha....they key players on the Pats are Moss, Stallworth and Samuel. Damn, no wonder I come t o JN. It's football acumen like that you can't get anywhere else.

They're all more key to your franchise then Justin Miller and/or Pete Kendall are to ours. I don't see how the Jets have more of a character problem then the Pats, which is Shtstain's point.

Wow you just may have broken the record for one of the dumbest posts ever.

1. Randy Moss, so selfish he cut 6.9 million off his contract to come to play for the Patriots for 2.5 million and no bonus. He could care so little about the team that he canceled all his off-season plans to come into Foxbro and work out with the team three weeks before passing camp, and decided to stay in foxbro and keep working.

2. Donte Stallworth, so selfish and money hungry, he told his agent to turn down amuch lager contract with Denver, so he could play for Tom Brady and B.B. By the way Stallworth, since being drafted has produced every bit as much on the feld as Deon Branch.

3. Asante Samuel, so sick that the teams treating him so awful that they are only going to pay him8 million bucks for one season. :rolleyes:

Bottom line,,, you don't know what your talking about, get the picture ganggreenman??

1. Please, Moss took a paycut so HE can win a Championship before HE retires, you know that he couldn't care less about the Pats. Wow, he cancelled his offseason plans to come to Foxboro?? Thats unheard of, coming to camp instead of going on vacation? No one else does that...He's a hero!!

2. Stallworth, yeah okay, that big contract he signed with you guys...Not worth it. He's a good #3 - avg #2. Thats about it.

3. Asante Samuel has said that he is sick of the Pats' way of treating the players that work so hard for them...thats why he is holding out until week 10.

I don't know what I'm talking about? Tell me three key players for the Jets who are worse character type players then Moss, Stallworth and Samuel, and I'll tell you three that mean much less to the Jets then Moss, Stallworth and Samuel mean to the Pats.

1. Please, Moss took a paycut so HE can win a Championship before HE retires, you know that he couldn't care less about the Pats. Wow, he cancelled his offseason plans to come to Foxboro?? Thats unheard of, coming to camp instead of going on vacation? No one else does that...He's a hero!!

2. Stallworth, yeah okay, that big contract he signed with you guys...Not worth it. He's a good #3 - avg #2. Thats about it.

3. Asante Samuel has said that he is sick of the Pats' way of treating the players that work so hard for them...thats why he is holding out until week 10.

I don't know what I'm talking about? Tell me three key players for the Jets who are worse character type players then Moss, Stallworth and Samuel, and I'll tell you three that mean much less to the Jets then Moss, Stallworth and Samuel mean to the Pats.

Why didn't you mention key players such as Brady, Seymour, Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison, etc? All veterans who have a lot more say in the locker room than a Moss or Stallworth.

BTW: Asante isn't get much love from his teammates. A lot of them would kill to make $7.9 million guaranteed in one season.

Why didn't you mention key players such as Brady, Seymour, Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison, etc? All veterans who have a lot more say in the locker room than a Moss or Stallworth.

BTW: Asante isn't get much love from his teammates. A lot of them would kill to make $7.9 million guaranteed in one season.

Thosd guys you mentioned do have more say in the locker room. It doesn't mean they will be the only ones talking. Moss has a much bigger mouth/ego then anyone on the Pats. If he wants to be heard, he will be heard regardless of what "the good old boys" club think.

Thosd guys you mentioned do have more say in the locker room. It doesn't mean they will be the only ones talking. Moss has a much bigger mouth/ego then anyone on the Pats. If he wants to be heard, he will be heard regardless of what "the good old boys" club think.

Honestly I think Moss is going to enjoy playing with Brady on a winning team, even if he only get the ball thrown to him a goof 4-5 times a game, I think he will enjoy being out of Oakland. Moss still has a good 3-4 maybe even 5-6 years to be a productive player... And he is still very explosive.

So think of Coles as the #1 WR, Moss on the otherside as the #2, Cotch in the Slot... Brad Smith as the 4th WR... We would be so damn exciting with Thomas Jones and Leon Washington... But the Pats have Moss... And im nervious as a fan

What are you talking about? TO maybe?

I do not recall Moss having a press conference like TO has had on about 1000 occasions.

He has said things that makes coaches, players and fans alike cringe. Things unbecoming 95% of the league. If anything, he has been brutally honest much to his detriment. Yet, I do not remember too many or any news conferences where he held the national media at bay as he went on a rant.

What are you talking about? TO maybe?

I do not recall Moss having a press conference like TO has had on about 1000 occasions.

He has said things that makes coaches, players and fans alike cringe. Things unbecoming 95% of the league. If anything, he has been brutally honest much to his detriment. Yet, I do not remember too many or any news conferences where he held the national media at bay as he went on a rant.

#1, you might want to consider the source on this one (i'm a packer fan too) so i guess my views of moss should be taken with a grain of salt. He has been public enemy number one in GB since he always tore us apart, so anything he said would be taken way out of context. I'm refering to those instances "i play when i want", "i play for about 70% of the plays", "i take plays off"...None of it really attacked his own team, but it was just him having character flaws.

Lets not forget the mooning incident (which i didn't think was that big of a deal, but it's still pretty classless).

The flaws are there, they may come up in 07, or they may not. We'll see in a few months.

. Moss still has a good 3-4 maybe even 5-6 years to be a productive player...

You mean, 3-6? ;)

Sorry brother, couldn't help it. Moss is now unchartered territory. He left a good thing in MIN to "commit" himself to excellence, now he's changed coasts. Maybe Suger Ray can still box, eh? He was pretty damn-good back in the day.

The point is that the Pats have more character issues with players in much more important positions then do the Jets. Of course the Pats have great leaders, how else would they have won three SB's in the past decade? My point about Moss and the others was made simply to counter Shasta's opinion that the Jets have more character problems then the Pats.

BTW: I was just using Samuel's words...He obviously feels he deserves a long term contract.

#1, you might want to consider the source on this one (i'm a packer fan too) so i guess my views of moss should be taken with a grain of salt. He has been public enemy number one in GB since he always tore us apart, so anything he said would be taken way out of context. I'm refering to those instances "i play when i want", "i play for about 70% of the plays", "i take plays off"...None of it really attacked his own team, but it was just him having character flaws.

Lets not forget the mooning incident (which i didn't think was that big of a deal, but it's still pretty classless).

The flaws are there, they may come up in 07, or they may not. We'll see in a few months.

We are comparing apples and oranges here. Your big mouth appears to be anyone that speaks. My example is TO. Like I said, Moss has said many stupid things. No doubt.

My point is, he is not making an ass of himself like TO does. Moss is not innocent by any stretch, but his personality appears to be a little more introverted then TO's.

Archived