Arena League anticipates a greater NFL connection- PFT

Kentucky Jet

AFL ANTICIPATES GREATER NFL CONNECTION

Though Arena Football League Executive V.P. of Communications Chris McCloskey described as "absurd" our Monday report regarding the desire of Colorado Crush co-owner John Elway to position the AFL to fill the void created by the folding of NFL Europe, a source with knowledge of the situation has forwarded to us a memo that McCloskey circulated to "AFL Staff" on the morning that the death of NFL Europa was announced.

In the memo, McCloskey expressly acknowledges that there will be discussions aimed at further strengthening the link between the NFL and the AFL.

"As I am informed, and fully expect," McCloskey wrote, "this event will lead to further discussions of how the AFL and NFL can work together to mutually grow the game of football in the future."

McCloskey also directed AFL staff to "refrain from comments" regarding the termination of NFL Europa, and suggested the following talking point: "The Arena Football League remains ready to help and assist the National Football League in growing the game of football in any place and at all times."

Consider McCloskey's memo in light of his initial e-mail to us from Monday, July 2: "I'm writing you about your front page story on Elway turning the AFL into NFL Europa. Although you and I don't know each other, I'm writing to tell you that it's in your best interests to take the story down because it is so full of absurdities that it puts the entire credibility of your Web site in jeopardy."

Hmmm.

Though our report also addressed the desire of Elway to oust AFL Commissioner David Baker and to finagle a better labor agreement, the overriding gist of the report was that Elway wants to position the AFL to become the NFL's new developmental league. Three days earlier, McCloskey reduced to writing his belief and anticipation that discussion regarding such matters will occur.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playing indoors seems so different from regular NFL so I do not know how well they can be a feeder type league.

Agreed, it can be a decent feeder for skill position players, particularly since they reduced the playing both ways aspect. The speed of the game, fact they pass every down and size of the field don't make it a good training ground for NFL linemen. For instance, IMO, it wouldn't have been the place for McChesney to switch from DT to OG.

How about you grow your game of football to 100 yards and actually play in some climate that isn't 70 degress and indoors 100% of the time? Widen your goal posts and actually play the game of Football, not this Indoor Bull**** League.

How about you grow your game of football to 100 yards and actually play in some climate that isn't 70 degress and indoors 100% of the time? Widen your goal posts and actually play the game of Football, not this Indoor Bull**** League.

The purspose of the arena league is to economically use basketball and hockey arenas that are traditionally unused during this time period. A secondary effect is to bring football to places that can't support NFL franchises. Making a non-"bull****" league would be an expensive mistake.

Honestly I just started to really follow the AFL this year and I love it! I know it comes off as "bull****", but it doesn't really bug me because I try to just view it as an independent sport, not a branch of football. Its exciting, competitive, and every player on the field is 100% heart. Go Sabercats!

The AFL does not guage itself by "NFL standards" because it is a completely different game. It is not a feeder system or a minor league; it is an independent entity and as such an entirely different product....and that product happens to be a damn good one.

I like arena football, but scoring is way too f'n easy! They need to get a little more defense in the game. Its tough to get excited when your team scores on almost every drive.

I think if they tweak their rules just a little, they could be a really good sport. More people should go and watch it for what it is, not for what it isnt. Other than all the kids there, you'll have a good time.

I may not enjoy watching rugby... But rugby is a SPORT...

Arena bowl is more like WWE type shiit, simply entertainment for kids and teens.

If rugby is a SPORT why did you just slam it in the other thread?

Ill slam it again... It is a sport, I never said it wasnt... But its still a GAY SPort..

so it is a sport that is attracted to other sports of the same gender? Or is it a very happy sport? Which one is it? if it is attracted to same gendered sports; I'd love for a list of every sport and it's gender. Would tennis be a girl sports or a boy sports, I mean it uses balls, yeah, but it just seems like a female sport to me. Something like that ribbon twirling/dancing thing definitely is a female. These are very important questions to me and I hope you can answer them ASAP; I'm literally on the edge of my seat.

so it is a sport that is attracted to other sports of the same gender? Or is it a very happy sport? Which one is it? if it is attracted to same gendered sports; I'd love for a list of every sport and it's gender. Would tennis be a girl sports or a boy sports, I mean it uses balls, yeah, but it just seems like a female sport to me. Something like that ribbon twirling/dancing thing definitely is a female. These are very important questions to me and I hope you can answer them ASAP; I'm literally on the edge of my seat.

POTW NOM

Did you just give a guy a POTW NOM for making fun of you?

And I wish you could step on a rugby pitch with me, gainzo, bit.. or any other rugby player here and you could see how much of a "gay sport" it is.

scary, a scrawny california boy is challenging me to a game of "butt tag"

scary, a scrawny california boy is challenging me to a game of "butt tag"

I find it ironic that you call rugby a gay sport when in American football a 300lb man bends over and lets another man put his hands on his scrotum every offensive play.

I find it ironic that you call rugby a gay sport when in American football a 300lb man bends over and lets another man put his hands on his scrotum every offensive play.

1. If you've ever played football you'd realize that the QB isn't supposed to touch the center's ass. If the QB does that player (Tom Brady) must be gay.

2. What about in Rugby when all the guys huddle together in their booty shorts, and put each other's arms around one another's shoulders and scream and grunt... if that isn't gay I don't know what is....

1. If you've ever played football you'd realize that the QB isn't supposed to touch the center's ass. If the QB does that player (Tom Brady) must be gay.

2. What about in Rugby when all the guys huddle together in their booty shorts, and put each other's arms around one another's shoulders and scream and grunt... if that isn't gay I don't know what is....

I played American football in High School. A QB may not touch the Centers scrotum but he does have both hands underneath a bloke who's bent over.

You seem to have a very good grasp on the gay community and how gay men act. Interesting.

Question for you: Do you think amateur wrestling is gay?

I played American football in High School. A QB may not touch the Centers scrotum but he does have both hands underneath a bloke who's bent over.

You seem to have a very good grasp on the gay community and how gay men act. Interesting.

Question for you: Do you think amateur wrestling is gay?

It depends on whom is wrestling...

If one of the two are wearing a spandex speedo then yeah.

Archived