Available Guards...

SoFlaJets

Chargers | Sheffey released

Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:00:37 -0700

The San Diego Chargers have announced they have released OG Jeremy Sheffey.

Chargers | M. Jones released

Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:51:47 -0700

The San Diego Chargers have announced they have released OG Mike Jones.

Cardinals | Team releases Hameister-Reis

Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:55:08 -0700

The Arizona Cardinals announced Monday, Aug. 27, that they have released OG Jon Hameister-Reis

Bears | McMeans released

Mon, 27 Aug 2007 05:03:14 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears have released OG Tyler McMeans

Chargers | Sheffey released

Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:00:37 -0700

The San Diego Chargers have announced they have released OG Jeremy Sheffey.

Chargers | M. Jones released

Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:51:47 -0700

The San Diego Chargers have announced they have released OG Mike Jones.

Cardinals | Team releases Hameister-Reis

Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:55:08 -0700

The Arizona Cardinals announced Monday, Aug. 27, that they have released OG Jon Hameister-Reis

Bears | McMeans released

Mon, 27 Aug 2007 05:03:14 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears have released OG Tyler McMeans

I haven't heard of any of them. It's not the worst sign in the world, i don't know many guards of the league, but i think i've at least heard of the good ones.

I'm still content with Bender, regardless of what others may think.

Toniu Fonoti is still floating around out there too. The guy has been in the league for like six years, is only 25 years old and has played for just about everyone but the Jets and Patriots. He was a dominant college guard but I don't know what went wrong. He might just need a good hard a$$ coaching staff.

I don't think with the first round of cuts we will find anyone worth signing at OG. If you get cut before 75, how good could you be?????

Sometimes teams do a vet a favor and let him go because he is not going to make the 53 now so he has a chance to catch on.

JUSTIN SMILEY

I'd love to get Justin smiley. he is a tough OG that plays with emotion, skill and power! He is a great drive blocker and pass protector. Why we didn't make a move for him , is ridiculous! I had hopes for Clarke but he is not the long term answer. Smiley would be.

I'd love to get Justin smiley. he is a tough OG that plays with emotion, skill and power! He is a great drive blocker and pass protector. Why we didn't make a move for him , is ridiculous! I had hopes for Clarke but he is not the long term answer. Smiley would be.

On one of the SNY Jets shows on, the following was attributed to an anonymous NFL GM: "If Adrian Clarke is the answer, then what is the question"? Pretty much sums it up.

Jeno James

Toniu Fonoti

Chris Villarrial*(Played w/Pats under Mangini...)

Chris Bober

Keydrick Vincent*

Cosey Coleman

Marco Rivera

Rex Tucker

Rick Demulling

Kendyl Jacox

Ross Verba

Bennie Anderson

Tutan Reyes

Adam Timmerman

Corey Hulsey

Tyrone Hopson

*=Players the Jets may have an interest in

Ravens informed G Keydrick Vincent of his release.

The Jets have a need at guard and have been reported to have interest in Vincent, a mauler who didn't fit the Ravens' more athletic look along the offensive line. Chris Chester takes over at right guard in Baltimore.

Source: ravens.scout.com

Also reported by www.rotoworld.com

Colts release veteran OG DeMulling...

DeMulling, a seventh-round draft pick in 2001, started 41 games in three seasons with Indianapolis before leaving as a free agent to sign with the Lions. He returned to the Colts, their only significant free agent acquisition this year, after spending two years in Detroit.

--Yahoo News.

Archived