WR Brett Rafliff

LB Anthony Schlegel

S Jamie Thompson

G Robert Turner

LB Jason Trusnik

S Raymond Ventrone

C Joe Villani

RB Danny Ware

how many guys can we keep on the PS JC? I thought it was 7...

cuts are in:

The Jets announced their cuts today. Here they are:

RB Alvin Banks

OT Marko Cavka

CB Manny Collins

LB Blake Costanzo

WR Chris Davis

OT Na'Shan Goddard

DE Bobby Hamilton

DE Michael Haynes

CB Alphonso Hodge

WR Frisman Jackson

OL Dominic Moran

WR Evan Prall

WR Brett Rafliff

LB Anthony Schlegel

S Jamie Thompson

G Robert Turner

LB Jason Trusnik

S Raymond Ventrone

C Joe Villani

DE Kimo von Oelhoffen

LB Andre Wadsworth

RB Danny Ware

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/

Damn....Really surprised about Ventrone, Ware, Haynes and Hamilton.

Although I was hoping that Wadsworth made it, Im not surprised that he was cut. Best of luck to all these guys....

Oh, and couldnt we have at least tried to get something for shlegalsaurus?

Damn....Really surprised about Ventrone, Ware, Haynes and Hamilton.

Although I was hoping that Wadsworth made it, Im not surprised that he was cut. Best of luck to all these guys....

Oh, and couldnt we have at least tried to get something for shlegalsaurus?

I'm stunned about Ware, but not the others. Ventrone has not looked great in coverage as a DB. If Smith was not able to comeback, RV had a better shot, but he isnt close to Coleman or Smith, and he isnt even as good as Rashad.

Haynes showed nothing in tc except the Q&A I had with him. Hicks showed more than Hamilton, and I'm glad they are going with only one old DE.

Congrats to Mike DeVito out of maine. He beat out a bunch of bubble guys and has to be very happy today.

Spencer and kassell, tui made it.

Gotta think they may deal one of the TEs for a guard. They may have known that someone would have claimed them if they cut them. Probably thinking Ware is safer to get through waivers, or maybe he didnt do well in the classroom work.

He shouldn't get too happy because there is a decent chance the jets sign someone and release him in the next few days. It happened last year to more than one unlucky camper.

I'm stunned about Ware, but not the others. Ventrone has not looked great in coverage as a DB. If Smith was not able to comeback, RV had a better shot, but he isnt close to Coleman or Smith, and he isnt even as good as Rashad.

Haynes showed nothing in tc except the Q&A I had with him. Hicks showed more than Hamilton, and I'm glad they are going with only one old DE.

Yep, I mentioned in an earlier post that I can't believe we're going into the season with two RB's...Tutt I don't consider a RB. And if Thomas' calf starts barking, I don't believe Washington can carry the load. And we're playing Russian Roulette if you think other teams haven't noticed Ware...

He shouldn't get too happy because there is a decent chance the jets sign someone and release him in the next few days. It happened last year to more than one unlucky camper.

Very good point!

I really hope Ware and Ratliff end up on the PS.

Yep, I mentioned in an earlier post that I can't believe we're going into the season with two RB's...Tutt I don't consider a RB. And if Thomas' calf starts barking, I don't believe Washington can carry the load. And we're playing Russian Roulette if you think other teams haven't noticed Ware...

They'll bring in a vet to backup Jones and Washington. eg, Texas cut Lundy (not advocating anything, just throwing out a name).

They'll bring in a vet to backup Jones and Washington. eg, Texas cut Lundy (not advocating anything, just throwing out a name).

Exactly... its not a neccasary position if Jones is healthy... and people act as if they know he was really hurt... for all we know it was a lame excuse to get out of TC,...

I wanted the Jets to draft him.

From ESPN

Cameron Stephenson

OG | (6'31_4.gif", 306, 5.4) | RUTGERS

Strengths: Works hard and flashes the ability to sustain blocks once in positions. Moves down the line well, active and flashes the ability to reach defenders lined up outside frame. Plays under control in space and can get into position at the second level. Has adequate range, is big enough to engulf linebackers in the open field and does an adequate job of leading the way on screen passes. Gets adequate knee bend in pass set, has adequate size and flashes the ability to hold ground against bull rushers.

Weaknesses: Isn't explosive, doesn't deliver a violent initial punch and isn't going to knock many defenders back. Plays too high, hasn't shown great lower body strength and should have problems driving two-gap defensive tackles off the ball. Lacks elite size and isn't going to wear many defensive tackles down over the course of a game. Former defensive tackle that has just two year's experience lining up on offense so takes false steps and doesn't always get into sound position. Loses balance too much when pass blocking, footwork is inconsistent and has problems sliding with defenders in pass protection. Took a medical red-shirt in 2003, slowed by an ankle injury in 2004 and durability is a concern.

Overall: Stephenson originally attended Harbor College in 2002 where he earned All-State honors after starting at defensive tackle as a true freshman. He received a medical redshirt in 2003 after suffering a season-ending injury on the first play of the year. Stephenson transferred to Rutgers prior to the 2004 season and then played in seven of 11 games (one start; Temple) as an offensive lineman. In 2005, he played in all 12 contests as a defensive lineman, recording 10 total tackles, two tackles for loss, one sack, and one fumble recovery. Stephenson then moved back to the offensive line in the spring of 2006 and started all 13 games at right guard in the fall. Stephenson is a developmental prospect who is raw and needs to get stronger at the point of attack, but there's a lot to like about his blend of size and athletic ability. He projects as a late-round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d801fb8e1&template=with-video&confirm=true

Cuts roundup

AFC East

Edwards' emergence means Nall is expendable

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills suddenly have a new backup quarterback - rookie Trent Edwards - and an old problem: No experienced depth at defensive end after veteran Al Wallace was placed on the reserve-injured list. Edwards' emergence, which led to the team cutting veteran Craig Nall on Saturday, and Wallace's injury were the most surprising developments after the Bills released 20 players to determine their 53-player season-opening roster. More ...

Jets will cut von Oehloffen

NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting that defensive tackle Kimo von Oehloffen will be released by Jets. von Oehloffen, who started all 16 games for the Jets in 2006, is a veteran of 13 NFL seasons.

Seymour placed on PUP list

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots activated tight end David Thomas off the PUP list today. They also announced the release of 21 players. In addition, the team placed defensive lineman Richard Seymour on the reserve/physically unable to perform list and placed rookie linebacker Oscar Lua on the reserve/injured list. The Patriots are in compliance with the NFL

It was more about the rest of the NFL. Didn't see anything here yet so I posted the article.

Brian Rimpf was cut by the Ravens. Could be a guard of interest to us.

lol

I wasnt being serious... sorry I really actually did forget to insert the smiley!

Some team will pick up Ware.... if not, call me a crackhead who had to get stun-gunned twice before going down. Ratliff is better than Tui, but may not be lost on waivers. Haynes started off in camp very well, and faded. No doubt, there is at least one too many TE's on the roster. Someone mentioned that maybe they are keeping so many because perhaps teams have inquired about these guys. Trade Koz or Pos, and put Ware back on the squad?

lol

I wasnt being serious... sorry I really actually did forget to insert the smiley!

Ohhh...I get it.....you are a kidder. ;)

Slim pickins on OL. Kenyatta Walker was cut by the Panthers. One of the only guys with a lot of game experience. But I got to watch him down here and he never really lived up to his billing.

Some team will pick up Ware.... if not, call me a crackhead who had to get stun-gunned twice before going down. Ratliff is better than Tui, but may not be lost on waivers. Haynes started off in camp very well, and faded. No doubt, there is at least one too many TE's on the roster. Someone mentioned that maybe they are keeping so many because perhaps teams have inquired about these guys. Trade Koz or Pos, and put Ware back on the squad?

I was thinking they kept so many TE's so if the FO can't swing a deal for some OL help we will see a lot of two TE formations.

Agreed, and I'd go so far as to trade baker for a good guard if thats what it takes. i like the other three TEs

Bengals cut Johnson' date=' make trade for backup QB[/b']

CINCINNATI -- No. 2 quarterback Doug Johnson was released Saturday by the Cincinnati Bengals, who replaced him by getting Ryan Fitzpatrick from the St. Louis Rams for a conditional draft pick. Johnson was dumped a day after he threw a pair of interceptions in a 14-6 preseason loss to Indianapolis. More ...

Proof there is a God. He sucked giant sweaty donkey balls!

Archived