Jets vs Chiefs 2005=Jets vs Pats 2007?

RunStuffer63

First off let me introduce myself. I have been a Jets fan for a good eleven seasons now. The Jets are the only sports team I follow, and many people feel that my obsession with them is unhealthy..

Anyway, after watching each and every snap this preseason I, like every other sports writer/broadcaster/analyst am jumping off the badwaggon, and writing this season off.

I never wanted to believe that last season was just a product of an easy schedule and a smoke and mirrors system, but looking back at it I can understand why people thought that, and realize that the New York Jets are a flawed team.

This preaseason only supplemented my concerns.

The loss of Pete Kendall will be HUGE. Kendall by no means is a road grader a la Will Sheilds, but he at least brings some stability to a position in which the Jets have absoloutley no depth whatsoever.

Even worse was the injury to our big time FA running back; the supposed "go to guy" that this team lacked last year...

Well.. Thomas Jones didn't play much at all this pre-season, and some reports are saying that the guy is damaged goods and is a big-time candidate to be a week 5 IR. Knowing the Jets luck this will be the case, and the "steal" of the offseason will match that of the Phillies "stealing" Freddy Garcia from the White Sox. Either way I can't see TJ at full speed for Sunday's game.

The Patriots are a big, tough, physical team that was built from the inside out(through the lines). I know Seymour isn't playing, but Bellichick said it himself... He's probably got 3rd or 4th stringers better than Kenyon Coleman. It's fairly obvious that the Pats are simply going to run it down our throats like they always do, and the defense will offer no semblance of stability, and won't get off the field.

Now... To the offense...

The offensive line has looked Oakland Raider bad this pre-season, and no I am not stretching it. D'Brick may be a bust... Even if the guy turns out to be a solid player there is no way that he is going to bring more value than Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler bring to their respective teams. The guy is a poor run blocker, and an extremly overrated pass blocker. He will be the Robert Gallery(anchor) to the Jets version of the worst o-line known to the man.

Next Pennington.. Chad is going to last two.. maybe three games this year. To be honest I like Chad as a QB, and think the Jets could do a lot worse than him, but he just isn't a playmaker and with no running game, and a terrible oline he will be useless.. Also in a rebuilding year it is time to give KC a chance..

Overall.. you will see a Sunday afternoon spanking at the meadowlands. I think the Pats whipped us 44-7 on an opening game years ago(I could be wrong).. Think something along those lines..

New England Patriots-31

New York Jets-0

Welcome to the site.

I share your concerns but I am going to be rooting for a win come Sunday morning (3 hour time gap for me means football starts earlier!). I really don't want us to be embarassed on national TV, and I know Mangini has been gameplanning his ass off for this game. Here's to hoping for a huge Week 1 victory.

I read that whole post... Nice try buddy... There is no way that this guy is a Jets fan, none... Zip, Zero.

A Pats fan if I ever seen one, and I can smell a Pats fan 1,000,000 miles over the internet.

No mention of L.Washington?

No talk of K.Rhodes?

No talk of J.Miller as a return man?

No talk of Revis being drafted as the #1 ranked CB in the NATION?

No talk of Harris being drafted as the #3 ranked MLB in the NATION?

Get real man... Nice try.

Not even any talk of the Injury to Seymour or the suspension to R.Harrison? Give me a break.

Wanna talk about a RB who has been banged up this year? Well than talk about L.Maroney.

Welcome to the site.

I share your concerns but I am going to be rooting for a win come Sunday morning (3 hour time gap for me means football starts earlier!). I really don't want us to be embarassed on national TV, and I know Mangini has been gameplanning his ass off for this game. Here's to hoping for a huge Week 1 victory.

hey serphnx I was trying to find that Tex quote and couldn't remember who had it in their sig-I just posted it up at the site he's still allowed at

First off let me introduce myself. I have been a Jets fan for a good eleven seasons now. The Jets are the only sports team I follow, and many people feel that my obsession with them is unhealthy..

Anyway, after watching each and every snap this preseason I, like every other sports writer/broadcaster/analyst am jumping off the badwaggon, and writing this season off.

I never wanted to believe that last season was just a product of an easy schedule and a smoke and mirrors system, but looking back at it I can understand why people thought that, and realize that the New York Jets are a flawed team.

The loss of Pete Kendall will be HUGE. Kendall by no means is a road grader a la Will Sheilds, but he at least brings some stability to a position in which the Jets have absoloutley no depth whatsoever.

Even worse was the injury to our big time FA running back; the supposed "go to guy" that this team lacked last year...

Well.. Thomas Jones didn't play much at all this pre-season, and some reports are saying that the guy is damaged goods and is a big-time candidate to be a week 5 IR. Knowing the Jets luck this will be the case, and the "steal" of the offseason will match that of the Phillies "stealing" Freddy Garcia from the White Sox. Either way I can't see TJ at full speed for Sunday's game.

The Patriots are a big, tough, physical team that was built from the inside out(through the lines). I know Seymour isn't playing, but Bellichick said it himself... He's probably got 3rd or 4th stringers better than Kenyon Coleman. It's fairly obvious that the Pats are simply going to run it down our throats like they always do, and the defense will offer no semblance of stability, and won't get off the field.

Now... To the offense...

The offensive line has looked Oakland Raider bad this pre-season, and no I am not stretching it. D'Brick may be a bust... Even if the guy turns out to be a solid player there is no way that he is going to bring more value than Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler bring to their respective teams. The guy is a poor run blocker, and an extremly overrated pass blocker. He will be the Robert Gallery(anchor) to the Jets version of the worst o-line known to the man.

Next Pennington.. Chad is going to last two.. maybe three games this year. To be honest I like Chad as a QB, and think the Jets could do a lot worse than him, but he just isn't a playmaker and with no running game, and a terrible oline he will be useless.. Also in a rebuilding year it is time to give KC a chance..

Overall.. you will see a Sunday afternoon spanking at the meadowlands. I think the Pats whipped us 44-7 on an opening game years ago(I could be wrong).. Think something along those lines..

New England Patriots-31

New York Jets-0

dude... please. this is the worst fake jet fan post I have ever seen.

and if you are a real jet fan, stop being a jet fan. you suck. go be a giants fan. we dont want you.

dude... please. this is the worst fake jet fan post I have ever seen.

and if you are a real jet fan, stop being a jet fan. you suck. go be a giants fan. we dont want you.

I didn't bat an eye LBS-you should read half the stuff I've been reading at the other site today-he sounds just like half of Tex's favorite Jets fans there...

I hate to toot my own horn, but when it comes to Jets football I know my ****. How can anybody that has seen our preseason performance feel confident about the team this year?

Because it was a PRESEASON performance. Hey buddy guess what, we went 3-1.

BTW, I missed the 1st Qtr of the Minny game, how'd Bender do?

Because it was a PRESEASON performance. Hey buddy guess what, we went 3-1.

BTW, I missed the 1st Qtr of the Minny game, how'd Bender do?

Bender? LMAO The 6th round rookie from Nicholls State.. He should probably be on the New York Red Dragons Arena team...

He got OWNED vs Giants..

I hate to toot my own horn, but when it comes to Jets football I know my ****. How can anybody that has seen our preseason performance feel confident about the team this year?

so you must have really hated last year when we were god awful during training camp????

Funny how fans forget how awful we were heading into week 1 2006.

and instead of ****, try this sh!t. works better.

Okay, this guy is officially a Pats fan... He hasnt even denied it!

Read my question, troll.

Pats, Bills or Dolphin fan. His first sentence sums it up:

First off let me introduce myself. I have been a Jets fan for a good eleven seasons now

A fan since 1996? Good for you RunStuffer.

Pats, Bills or Dolphin fan. His first sentence sums it up:

A fan since 1996? Good for you RunStuffer.

Hey Gainz...I'm 21 and have been a fan since 97 when my father took me to my first game..but this dude just seems to be here to bust balls.

Hey Gainz...I'm 21 and have been a fan since 97 when my father took me to my first game..but this dude just seems to be here to bust balls.

P2C: I know you and a bunch of other posters here are young. Thats cool.

RunStuffer is an idiot. As much as I don't want him to be a Pats fan, he probably is.

Now... To the offense...

New England Patriots-31

New York Jets-0

Welcome back TX :rolleyes: . Believe me. you were NOT missed. No wonder your rep is already disabled. :box:

Archived