Chiefs Fans Are Already There...

SoFlaJets

The Chiefs fans as a whole might be smarter than Jets fans. It took most Jets fans 5 years to see the light, and we still have some resistance. I knew some people that wanted Herm gone after a year or two and I thought they were crazy. It took me around 3-4 years I have to admit.

The Chiefs fans as a whole might be smarter than Jets fans. It took most Jets fans 5 years to see the light, and we still have some resistance. I knew some people that wanted Herm gone after a year or two and I thought they were crazy. It took me around 3-4 years I have to admit.

They have the JETS to use as reasoning... we had nothing...

They have the JETS to use as reasoning... we had nothing...

Oh bull****, most of them saw it with their own eyes against the Colts in that playoff game. the Colts were ripe to be beaten that day. had the Jets gone to Indy ( Damnit Broncos!) the Colts would have lost that game.

Oh bull****, most of them saw it with their own eyes against the Colts in that playoff game. the Colts were ripe to be beaten that day. had the Jets gone to Indy ( Damnit Broncos!) the Colts would have lost that game.

Just sayin... the cheifs fans have a larger body of evidence

I saw major red flags in his first year. His lack of experience aside, when he wanted to move Ellis to DT and then when our run D was like swiss cheese it was cuase for alarm. We just looked unprepared all year. We won close games against bad teams to sneak out 10 wins and then got embarassed in the playoffs. He lost me for good in 2002 when we were so awful for the first 6 weeks. And regardless what he says now, he had ZERO intention (and was quoted then as saying it also) of playing Chad that year. Chad saved his season (and his job) but only played after Vinny got hurt.

For 3 years after that I screamed about how any winning we were doing was in spite of Herm and I got lamabasted on almost every board. Last season I felt some vindication after fans started turning n Herm but he still did his smoke and mirrors act that eeked him into the playoffs. This year I will feel totaly vindicated when his team wins 5 games...especially after the whole country saw what a bafoon he is on HBO this summer.

In that thread there's that usual cliched argument that defense wins championships, and some posters post up Sperm Edwards-like breakdowns showing you need a good offense. It's too bad nobody does that here when Chad and Defense are brought up, and instead all we hear about are the rare exceptions where a dominant defense makes it with what is considered a weaker offense.

The fact is with a great offense, you can control the clock and force the other team to be predictable. Since you're not always going 3 and out, your defense also get the benefit of rest, and if you have the lead and can keep building on it the other team is forced to try and outscore you, rather than the dumb tactic of letting them score towards the end of the game because you didn't open up a lead.

Just sayin... the cheifs fans have a larger body of evidence

exactly ec...they had a body of work to draw from-we had none...we're pretty damn savvy fans here-some more than others. I'm sorry to say it took me until that 2005 season to be convinced

Hey BP can it be possible that you have over 6000 posts over there?

In their defense, Jet fans caught onto Rich Kotite a lot quicker than Philly fans did. :elmer:

KC fans have the benefit of seeing Herm's work here, and seeing all his shortcomings continue. The man coaches out of fear. He doesn't coach to win the game, he coaches not to lose.

That, and he's looked like an absolute fool on Hard Knocks. I'm sure he expected that show to make him a bigger star, but it may in fact wind up shortening his coaching career. What GM could hire him after that?

exactly ec...they had a body of work to draw from-we had none...we're pretty damn savvy fans here-some more than others. I'm sorry to say it took me until that 2005 season to be convinced

Hey BP can it be possible that you have over 6000 posts over there?

There's Bronco posters with over 30,000 posts, and Patriots posters with 15,000 and 12,000. that place can trap you, it's not moderated (hardly) and there are some awesome slam downs over there.

Plus there political forum kicks ass.

I know, I'm a loser. :bag:

There's Bronco posters with over 30,000 posts, and Patriots posters with 15,000 and 12,000. that place can trap you, it's not moderated (hardly) and there are some awesome slam downs over there.

Plus there political forum kicks ass.

I know, I'm a loser. :bag:

I refuse to do politics on football boards anymore...I hate disliking guys I like over politics-and besides it seems Jets fans are mostly republicans for some odd reason-and as we say around here-not that there's anything wrong with that..

I agree that Chiefs fans have an advantage in seeing what Herm did to the Jets. But man I could remember getting killed in years 2 and 3 of the Herm era for even suggesting he did a bad job coaching a game, let alone that he was a bad coach. I hated Herm from the minute he was hired. My first reacting from the first fluff article about Herm was "Here comes Bruce Coslet all over again" Another assistant who happend to have a good HC and great talent gets a shot with the Jets. I really hated both Herm and Bruce.

I don't think how they feel about him has much to do with what he did with the Jets. Remember back after we traded him to them, I'd say at least 90% of them, maybe more were 100% behind him. Hell, when we told them what an idiot he was, they actually said we were just jealous and we lost such a great coach, etc. Of course maybe being told what a turd he is made it easier for them to realize it for themselves cause it might have put that in the back of their mind.

Archived