2009 and beyond

Barton

Your a great poster, but seriously, you have no confidence at all. Just like you, I'm a Clemens fan, but I want Chad to be successful and lead our team to victory. We lose to a team who has the best shot at winning the SB, and we're here quiting ? We're much better than that.

Your a great poster, but seriously, you have no confidence at all. Just like you, I'm a Clemens fan, but I want Chad to be successful and lead our team to victory. We lose to a team who has the best shot at winning the SB, and we're here quiting ? We're much better than that.

I've been saying 2009 and beyond for about a year now.

Get used to it guys. This team is not close to being a superbowl contender.

And why is that Barton ?

Go ahead say it. I dare ya. :P

Because its going to take years before we get the defense up to snuff, as well as the offense. We have too many holes on our defense, especially upfront (which i have said all damn offseason long that our dline SUCKS, and dont have a force at OLB)

And we're gonna need a new QB too, once Pennington is gone after this season.

It starts in 2009 if Clemens pans out. If he doesnt? Well, then we're in for a HUGE setback.

Because its going to take years before we get the defense up to snuff, as well as the offense. We have too many holes on our defense, especially upfront (which i have said all damn offseason long that our dline SUCKS, and dont have a force at OLB)

And we're gonna need a new QB too, once Pennington is gone after this season.

It starts in 2009 if Clemens pans out. If he doesnt? Well, then we're in for a HUGE setback.

Damn Barton that is pretty good.

You might have a career in politics. ;)

Thats ovbious... TJ is a bandaid..

We agree.

I really hated the TJ trade at the time. I warmed up to it, but my gut instinct when I first heard the news of the trade said: "Why the hell are we trading for a 29 yr old RB who's just barely above average when this team is years away from truly being a superbowl contender!??"

Poop.

We agree.

I really hated the TJ trade at the time. I warmed up to it, but my gut instinct when I first heard the news of the trade said: "Why the hell are we trading for a 29 yr old RB who's just barely above average when this team is years away from truly being a superbowl contender!??"

Poop.

Trading for a RB and expecting an improvement with this garbage Oline was moronic.

Trading for a RB and expecting an improvement with this garbage Oline was moronic.

You're half right.

Trading for Jones, especially for the little we gave up for him, was a smart move. And it seemed, at the time, that it was made early enough in the offseason that we could consider the RB position set, and would allow the Jets to improve in other areas.

However, they clearly failed to improve the offensive line. Losing Pete Kendall and drafting Jacob Bender in round 6 showed that the Jets felt the '06 draft (Brick and Mangold) was, for the most part, sufficient. Obviously, they were wrong.

If we beat Baltimore and NE loses to the Chargers (which they will) we're right back to even.

And if the Patriots win and Jets lose as expected, plus Buffalo losing to Pittsburgh and Miami losing to Dallas, the Patriots could have a two game lead two weeks into the season.

What is that saying about putting wishes in one hand and $hit in the other?

The Jets got whooped. Even if the Patriots are the third best AFC team behind the Colts and Chargers,not out of the question, the Jets are still years away from being a serious contender for the East much less the AFC.

EB is right. The Jets are good, but they need to be a lot better then good to win the AFC.

And if the Patriots win and Jets lose as expected, plus Buffalo losing to Pittsburgh and Miami losing to Dallas, the Patriots could have a two game lead two weeks into the season.

What is that saying about putting wishes in one hand and $hit in the other?

The Jets got whooped. Even if the Patriots are the third best AFC team behind the Colts and Chargers,not out of the question, the Jets are still years away from being a serious contender for the East much less the AFC.

EB is right. The Jets are good, but they need to be a lot better then good to win the AFC.

As I said before the season started, I just don't think the Jets can make the playoffs this year. Way too many good teams. I don't like our chances against the other Wild Card teams even, does anyone really see this team beating the Broncos, Steelers or Bengals?

As I said before the season started, I just don't think the Jets can make the playoffs this year. Way too many good teams. I don't like our chances against the other Wild Card teams even, does anyone really see this team beating the Broncos, Steelers or Bengals?

I said after last season, while winning helped Mangini in the long run it probably hurts the Jets. Why change much when you win 10 games?

I dont think Chad starts this week, gut feeling. That thing is going to swell up and he's gonna be dead meat against baltimore if he starts the whole game.

Chad could be out for a while. Clemens will get his shot, soon.

I think you might be right.

The Ravens, like the Jaguars are a very bad matchup for the Jets. They are fast and physical on defensive side and the way the Jets OL is right now it is just not a good matchup.

We are going to have to see. A high ankle sprain could keep him out a couple of weeks.

I dont think Chad starts this week, gut feeling. That thing is going to swell up and he's gonna be dead meat against baltimore if he starts the whole game.

Chad could be out for a while. Clemens will get his shot, soon.

If Kellen shows something, Chad could be done as a Jet.

Archived