Why??? Why???

gangreenman

WHY is it that whenever I make the effort to pay over $100 for a ticket and sit in at least in hour of traffic each way, I come out feeling like it was all a waste??

WHY is it that we are always losing to the 'better team' or we are always 'pulling out close ones'? Why can't WE ever be the 'better team'?

WHY is it that Justin Mccareins can't tackle?

WHY is it that D'brick was giving away free shots at Pennington?

WHY is it that David Barret was guarding Randy Moss?

WHY is it that we never blitzed?

WHY, WHY, WHY, DO WE AS FANS DO THIS TO OURSELVES???

WHY is it that whenever I make the effort to pay over $100 for a ticket and sit in at least in hour of traffic each way, I come out feeling like it was all a waste??

WHY is it that we are always losing to the 'better team' or we are always 'pulling out close ones'? Why can't WE ever be the 'better team'?

We did blitz. Problem was New England picked it up time after time after time.

We did blitz. Problem was New England picked it up time after time after time.

rarely. about 90% of the time we sat back and let Brady have his way. Thats not how you beat a QB like Brady, ESPECIALLY when he has weapons like Moss, Stallworth, Maroney, and Welker at his exposure. Ya, so Moss and Welker would have burned us in one and one coverage...But honestly, what difference would it make?

True Fans are there win or lose.

Sorry, but NY is a few drafts away from being the better team.

You paid money for that sh*t?

Pennington had 20 completions....So it was worth it!

I was there, too. Overall, it was a brutal experience. Parking. Weather (too hot). Randy Moss on the Pats.

About the game: I am very concerned about Ferguson. He was overmatched. They need to upgrade the O-line before they can consider themselves contenders in the AFC. I hope they have two cogs in Mangold and Ferguson. But I fear they only have one.

Go easy people. I really think that you will win more than you lose and that whn the season is complete, the Patriots will have decimated other good teams. The Jets are BETTER than they were allowed to look simply because the Pats just might be THATGOOD.

If the Patriots escape the injuries this year the will be no stopping this train.

I could be wrong I guess. But I doubt it. Do you?

Thats your problem.

Our defense blows. And our OL

Because he is a WR.

Good question.

Another good question, Hank Poteat should of been in the game.

We did, the Pats just picked it up all the time.

Go easy people. I really think that you will win more than you lose and that whn the season is complete, the Patriots will have decimated other good teams. The Jets are BETTER than they were allowed to look simply because the Pats just might be THATGOOD.

If the Patriots escape the injuries this year the will be no stopping this train.

Other teams will be able to put some pressure on Brady. That'll be the test. But overall I have to agree that the Patriots look extremely good.

Other teams will be able to put some pressure on Brady. That'll be the test. But overall I have to agree that the Patriots look extremely good.

Brady was 22-28 for about 300 yards and moss had 183 yards catching and 2 TD's....

Guess they are all they were hyped up to be after all.

Brady was 22-28 for about 300 yards and moss had 183 yards catching and 2 TD's....

Guess they are all they were hyped up to be after all.

I was there today. Moss could have had alot more had Brady not had other wide open targets.

Thats not that bad .Ispent $250 on my ticket for next week.......Hopefully the defense will grace us with their presence ...

Why???? Isnt that the truth?? I wont kick you while youre down.

You want the same thing every NFL fan wants. For his or her team to win.

NY is close to being an elite team.

well...if by close you mean a nose tackle, two defensive ends, two linebackers, a pair of guards, and a right tackle...um, yeah...i agree...i guess we are close.

Why???? Isnt that the truth?? I wont kick you while youre down.

You want the same thing every NFL fan wants. For his or her team to win.

NY is close to being an elite team.

Wow, he actually posted something positive about the Jets!

Seriously though, not this year or next year, but we should be SB contenders in both 09 and 2010...

Wow, he actually posted something positive about the Jets!

Seriously though, not this year or next year, but we should be SB contenders in both 09 and 2010...

Well, I'm $300 richer thanks to P2C and on my way to the sweep of our 5 out of 5 bet. I sure hope he can get a hold of his Moms credit card though.

Redarding the Jets. It takes time. Mangini isnt a genuis, but he is a good coach.

I simply do not believe NE was as good as they looked yesterday. We looked just as bad in preseason, and will probably look just as bad next week. When have we ever stopped Mcgahee? NE will get their true test against the Chargers, who also didn't look so great at least on offense, but did look good on defense. If NE can steamroll San Diego's defense, then I don't know who can stop this team. Maybe, maybe the Colts, maybe the Broncos if they really do have the Pats number, or maybe the Fins if they really do have their number, but outside of the Colts those seem so unlikely to me.

What a bunch of pissing and moaning.

The traffic getting to the game (10AM) was the lightest I have ever see. I got back in about an hour and a half (saw every last second) which was average.

It was great to hang out with Jets fans, drinks some beer and watch the team.

If you think you should pay less for losses, just how much are you going to pay EXTRA for a win.

It was one game, ease up kids.

BZ

I simply do not believe NE was as good as they looked yesterday. We looked just as bad in preseason, and will probably look just as bad next week. When have we ever stopped Mcgahee? NE will get their true test against the Chargers, who also didn't look so great at least on offense, but did look good on defense. If NE can steamroll San Diego's defense, then I don't know who can stop this team. Maybe, maybe the Colts, maybe the Broncos if they really do have the Pats number, or maybe the Fins if they really do have their number, but outside of the Colts those seem so unlikely to me.

SD is the true test for NE on both sides of the ball.

JETS WERE BLITZING BUT THE PATS KEPT 8 MEN IN TO BLOCK everytime they did, AND the blitz was not hidden well, the jets came up the middle every time,,they should have been more creative,,corner blitz from the end,delayed blitzes,,,i hate middle blitzes,,the qb can read it way too easy !

lc

I was there, too. Overall, it was a brutal experience. Parking. Weather (too hot). Randy Moss on the Pats.

About the game: I am very concerned about Ferguson. He was overmatched. They need to upgrade the O-line before they can consider themselves contenders in the AFC. I hope they have two cogs in Mangold and Ferguson. But I fear they only have one.

I am really not concerned about Ferguson, I've accepted the fact that Brick will most likely be a semi bust and I don't want to hear about how young he is...Mangold is also a second year guy and look at the difference. Mangini only addressed the running game and the secondary via draft and neither one will make a difference since you can't run if you can't block and you can't cover if you can't rush.

I am really not concerned about Ferguson, I've accepted the fact that Brick will most likely be a semi bust and I don't want to hear about how young he is...Mangold is also a second year guy and look at the difference. Mangini only addressed the running game and the secondary via draft and neither one will make a difference since you can't run if you can't block and you can't cover if you can't rush.

What does Mangold have to do with Brick? They're two different players. Some progress quickly, others more slowly.

BTW, Brick is playing the hardest position on the line.

What a bunch of pissing and moaning.

The traffic getting to the game (10AM) was the lightest I have ever see. I got back in about an hour and a half (saw every last second) which was average.

It was great to hang out with Jets fans, drinks some beer and watch the team.

If you think you should pay less for losses, just how much are you going to pay EXTRA for a win.

It was one game, ease up kids.

BZ

I left my house at 11:15, and didnt get to the parking lot until kickoff and there was only like 10 mins left in the 1st quarter when I sat down...

I never said I should pay less for losses, I just feel like I wasted my money yesterday. And I dont have season tickets, so that may be the only game I go to this year.

It was one game, and a game that almost all of us expected to lose, so I agree, its not a big deal and the season isnt lost because of it. If anything, the loss will lower everyone's expectations which is never a bad thing...

Hold on there big guy, let's talk 8 games into the season.....as one other poster stated this is 1/16th of the season. We have one more against you later this year, and I hope and believe the Jets will kick your ass in Foxboro...we did last year or did you forget that one. In the end, it's still going to come down to both of these teams fighting against the Colts. We are not that bad and your not that good.

You control the line of scrimmage and you win games in the NFL. On both sides of the ball we were completely outplayed.

Absolutely 100% correct, there is only one place to blame for this and that's Mangini!

The team was NOT ready to play this game end of story. There were physically outplayed and mentally. Their strategy was MIA.

This one is on Man-g-knee. Even Webb as an embryo knows to Blitz Brady.

Come-On Mangini let's get with the program and stop playing as if you trying not to loose!!!

Archived