Sawx Nation Prez Debate

Bugg

Why can't they wait until the Swax are eliminated in the ALDS?

In the dictionary, the word "embarrassment" has this article, and official Sawx press release. Who gets to be King Douchebag?

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20070925&content_id=2229097&vkey=pr_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

Tim Russert to moderate debate on NESN among candidates for President of Red Sox Nation

09/25/2007 2:40 PM ET

MLB.com

BOSTON -- NBC's Tim Russert, host of "Meet the Press," will make a guest appearance on NESN as he moderates a discussion among the candidates for the President of Red Sox Nation. He will be joined by NESN's Red Sox field reporter Tina Cervasio serving as co-moderator.

The show, "Red Sox Nation: The Presidential Debate," will be videotaped at Boston University's George Sherman Union this Thursday, September 27 at 11:30 a.m. It will air on NESN at 10:30 p.m. or immediately following NESN's post-game coverage of the Red Sox-Twins game on Friday, September 28.

Russert, an avowed Red Sox fan, will swing by Boston after moderating the Democratic Presidential Debate in Hanover, NH on Wednesday evening.

"For decades, Boston has had a reputation of adoring its sports and its politics," said Larry Lucchino, the Red Sox' President/CEO. "We are honored that one of our top fans in Washington will moderate this discussion about baseball.

"After more than 1,200 nominees were winnowed to 25 and recently to 10, the debate will be the final forum before a President of Red Sox Nation is selected."

The George Sherman Union is located on the Boston University campus at 775 Commonwealth Avenue.

THE TOP 10 (in alphabetical order)

1. Mike Barnicle -- Fitchburg, MA-- Renowned Writer and TV/radio personality

2. Cheryl Boyd -- Holliston, MA -- Great-niece of Elizabeth "Lib" Dooley

3. Cindy Brown -- Boston, MA -- Head of Boston Duck Tours

4. Jared Carrabis -- Saugus, MA -- Has worn a Red Sox shirt 1,400 days in a row

5. Rob Crawford -- Brookline, MA -- "Regular Rob" raises funds for education

6. Peter Gammons -- Groton, MA -- Baseball Hall of Famer, Legendary journalist

7. Rich Garces -- Nashua, NH -- Former Red Sox relief pitcher

8. Doris Kearns Goodwin -- Concord, MA --Pulitzer Prize Winning Author

9. Sam Horn -- Providence, RI--Former Red Sox left-handed slugger

10. Jerry Remy -- Fall River, MA -- Red Sox Hall of Famer and NESN analyst

And the Dog, "Big Pupi"-- Austin, TX -- Would establish a section for dogs, K-9

Between Barnicle and Kearns Goodwin, good to see plagarists-LIARS-are so well represented. And can we elect Gammons if it will get his picture off the $20 bill?

First "Sox Appeal" now this garbage. Honestly, living in Boston can be infuriating sometimes.

Now I am not a member of RSN - but if Doris Kearns Goodwin - pulitzer Prize winner author and known plagerist - wins, every member of RSN ought to shoot themselves. I say give it to the guy that needs a washing machine.

I think I speak on behalf of Jetnation when I say that we know this better than anyone, Garb.

High Horses, beating dead horses.....yadda, yadda, yadda....;)

I do have issues with the list though:

1. Mike Barnicle -- Fitchburg, MA-- Renowned Writer and TV/radio personality - WHO WAS FIRED FROM THE BOSTON GLOBE FOR MAKING STUFF UP IN HIS DAILY COLUMN.

2. Cheryl Boyd -- Holliston, MA -- Great-niece of Elizabeth "Lib" Dooley - WHAT? SO BECAUSE YOUR GREAT AUNT WAS A SUPER FAN WHO NEVER MISSED A GAME FOR HOWEVER MANY YEARS - SOMEHOW THAT QUALIFIES YOU TO BE PRESIDENT OF RSN? COOL! SOMEDAY MY NIECES DAUGHTER WILL BE ABLE TO PRESIDE OVER THE TROY BROWN FAN CLUB.

3. Cindy Brown -- Boston, MA -- Head of Boston Duck Tours PATS - 3 DUCK PARADES, SOX - ONE DUCK PARADE. OKAY?

4. Jared Carrabis -- Saugus, MA -- Has worn a Red Sox shirt 1,400 days in a row - THAT SATURDAY NITE LIVE CHARACTER FROM THREE YEARS AGO COME TO LIFE. WICKED PISSAH, MAN.

5. Rob Crawford -- Brookline, MA -- "Regular Rob" raises funds for education THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "REGULAR ROB" FROM BROOKLINE, MASSACHUSETTS. TRUST ME.

6. Peter Gammons -- Groton, MA -- Baseball Hall of Famer, Legendary journalist WHAT HAPPENED TO OBJECTIVE JOURNALISM?

7. Rich Garces -- Nashua, NH -- Former Red Sox relief pitcher - SHOULDN'T A PRESIDENT HAVE A COLLEGE EDUCATION?

8. Doris Kearns Goodwin -- Concord, MA --Pulitzer Prize Winning Author KNOWN PLAGERIST

9. Sam Horn -- Providence, RI--Former Red Sox left-handed slugger SHOULDN'T A PRESIDENT HAVE A PERSONALITY?

10. Jerry Remy -- Fall River, MA -- Red Sox Hall of Famer and NESN analyst ONLY PERSON ON THIS LIST WHO IS DESERVING - ISN'T BEING THE RSN PRES AND BEING PRES OF THE REMDAWG'S A CONFLICT OF INTEREST? - OR WOULD IT BE LIKE THE MARRIAGE OF CONVENIENCE WHICH IS JI/TROOP 16H? ;)

And the Dog, "Big Pupi"-- Austin, TX - A DOG - A FREAKIN' DOG - PERFECT!

1. Mike Barnicle -- Fitchburg, MA-- Renowned Writer and TV/radio personality - Who are you? Loser #1

2. Cheryl Boyd -- Holliston, MA -- Great-niece of Elizabeth "Lib" Dooley - Again who are you? Loser #2

3. Cindy Brown -- Boston, MA -- Head of Boston Duck Tours - Who cares? Loser #3

4. Jared Carrabis -- Saugus, MA -- Has worn a Red Sox shirt 1,400 days in a row - Again who cares? Loser #4

5. Rob Crawford -- Brookline, MA -- "Regular Rob" raises funds for education - This is relevent how? Loser #5

6. Peter Gammons -- Groton, MA -- Baseball Hall of Famer, Legendary journalist - Well known Sox writer. Contender #1

7. Rich Garces -- Nashua, NH -- Former Red Sox relief pitcher - Actual Sox Player. Contender #2

8. Doris Kearns Goodwin -- Concord, MA --Pulitzer Prize Winning Author - Who cares? Loser #6

9. Sam Horn -- Providence, RI--Former Red Sox left-handed slugger - There is a site named after him.(SoSH) Contender #3

10. Jerry Remy -- Fall River, MA -- Red Sox Hall of Famer and NESN analyst - Why is he in the running if he picked the nominees(Dissing Simmons nomination)? Contender #4

And the Dog, "Big Pupi"-- Austin, TX -- Would establish a section for dogs, K-9 - It's a dog. Contender #5

First "Sox Appeal" now this garbage. Honestly, living in Boston can be infuriating sometimes.

Now I am not a member of RSN - but if Doris Kearns Goodwin - pulitzer Prize winner author and known plagiarists - wins, every member of RSN ought to shoot themselves. I say give it to the guy that needs a washing machine.

Didn't Barnicle get busted for that also?

Make it Rem-dog.

Bugg

Why would anyone want to watch the Bruins or the inevitable disappointment that is the Celtics?

Archived