4th and 1 (or less).....

Steveg

Mangini went for 4th and short ALOT last year - it's the same coach, let's not forget he knows how to make that call.

i truly believe with the field position, being on the road, the score (tied) the progress in the game (1st q) it was the correct call

remember the field position that punt afforded lasted throughout the half and if Nugent makes that 37 yard kick, maybe it's a different outcome.

i think if it was 3rd or 4th quarter you have to go for it.

ps- Barnes was a gameday inactive, that hurts short yardage.

Mangini went for 4th and short ALOT last year - it's the same coach, let's not forget he knows how to make that call.

i truly believe with the field position, being on the road, the score (tied) the progress in the game (1st q) it was the correct call

remember the field position that punt afforded lasted throughout the half and if Nugent makes that 37 yard kick, maybe it's a different outcome.

Probably right on the "wrong situation" to go for it point Bitonti, and yes the deactivating of Barnes hurt the offensive gameplan.

Probably right on the "wrong situation" to go for it point Bitonti, and yes the deactivating of Barnes hurt the offensive gameplan.

Probably right on the "wrong situation" to go for it point Bitonti, and yes the deactivating of Barnes hurt the offensive gameplan. Barnes is a proven blocker with experience and should be on the field (active) in every game.

Probably right on the "wrong situation" to go for it point Bitonti, and yes the deactivating of Barnes hurt the offensive gameplan. Barnes is a proven blocker with experience and should be on the field (active) in every game.

So what are you trying to say here exactly?

If it's inside the opponents 50, can we go for it? PLEASE...maybe a play action pass...PLEASE. That's what I liked about Parcells - he would go for those...

I completely disagree and here's why: The Bills had been unable to muster ANY offense in the previous three games. The Bills were starting a rookie QB making his first NFL start. The logic behind the punt was simple. The Jets have a punter that is excellent at dropping balls inside the 10 yard line. The coaches were confident that the Bills would be unable to march 90+ yards given the situation. If you don't get the first down the following bad things happen; you provide a short field to a "supposedly" bad offense and a big momentum swing to the home team early in the game. Even if they pickup the first down there is no guarantee for points.

I completely disagree and here's why: The Bills had been unable to muster ANY offense in the previous three games. The Bills were starting a rookie QB making his first NFL start. The logic behind the punt was simple. The Jets have a punter that is excellent at dropping balls inside the 10 yard line. The coaches were confident that the Bills would be unable to march 90+ yards given the situation. If you don't get the first down the following bad things happen; you provide a short field to a "supposedly" bad offense and a big momentum swing to the home team early in the game. Even if they pickup the first down there is no guarantee for points.

You've got to be aggressive and set a tempo, ESPECIALLY on the road. Also, the Jets defense is so bad, they have to keep them off the field..

Also, the Jets defense is so bad, they have to keep them off the field..

While I agree that the Jets defense is lousy, the Jets coaches justifiably assumed that the Bills offense with a rookie QB would probably be significantly worse than the Jets defense. Turns out they were wrong but I don't blame the coaches for thinking that way. Plus, it was 4th and a long 1...not inches.

Archived