Yesterday's drive Charts

JetCane

The rubber meets the road where we cannot get enough big plays-say 15 yard passes upfield. So instead of a 6 or 7 play drive, it's an 11 or 12 -play drive with tons of 3rd downs. The more plays it takes you to get to the end zone, the more likely it becomes something will go wrong, or the defense will make a play. Pennington's whole MO makes it harder and harder to score points.

Bob Wischusen on the radio just mentioned this, that he has done some BC games, and BC's coach, Jeff Jagodzinski, who has been on staff for the Packers and some other teams, points about 2 stats that determine NFL games. Turnovers(and where they happen) and explosion plays-any run of 12 or more yards and any pass play for 16 or more yards. Jago's point was turnovers should be looked at hwere they happen. Yesterday turnovers where even but the Bills' 2 mistakes were kinda like punts. Pennington's 1st INT was a gift of points coming at their own 25. And as to explosion plays, Jets have very few, yesterday and all year.

Point being you ahve much less a margin for error if you cannot pass the ball upfield a few times at least every game. Too much has to go right, and with every play the odds of a mistake or a defensive play getting made agaisnt you go up.

Solid work, Bugg.

They did make too many mistakes yesterday for this system to overcome. Nine penalties, most of which were on the offense and disrupted first half drives. More pass plays = more opportunity for sacks, one of which which Clement gave up early, and puts them in a bad down and distance.

The system requires better execution and less mistakes, which is what EM talked about today in his presser. But it does put more pressure on the players to not mess up, since the margin of error is smaller, as you pointed out.

They need to win, and we all need to get behind the team, doesn't matter who is the QB, D, OL, COACHING STAFF, when I start hearing they are finished at 1-3, I wanna put a hole in the wall somewhere. We are not 1-5 or 1-6, we can definitely get back to .500 if we play better football, not just CHAD, EVERYONE! That means the play calls get better, less penalties, Chad throwing for more yards, the OL blocking him before he gets killed, the D starting to work a passer rush! Maybe get a ****ing sack here and there. This team is CAPABLE of getting back to .500! None of the lets delay the game on 4th and 1 and PUNT! **** THAT! Lets go for it, lets light a fire in this teams ass and start doing things that no one thought the Jets were capable of! Because they ARE! I believe with Chad and all, they are STILL capable of winning!

We seemed to be losing the field position battle by halftime. Grahams punts werent giving too many fits to Buffalo. Seems like hes been struggling a bit this year.

Both teams were playing on long fields yesterday. The Bills had worse FP than the Jets in the first half.

The bills had much better FP in the second half, especially after the int.

Jets never started better than their own 38, and that was the best all day.

Both teams were playing on long fields yesterday. The Bills had worse FP than the Jets in the first half.

The bills had much better FP in the second half, especially after the int.

Jets never started better than their own 38, and that was the best all day.

Graham isnt consistantly getting his punts down within the 10, and they are getting the lucky bounce more than us. He was a weapon last year, this year not so much.

Imo, its tough to put it on Chad when he completed 82% of his passes.

That hasnt stopped the message board warriors :-P

JC - Maybe, but there were alot of people in love with Chad's 130 rating against the Patriots. Who cares?

Anyone know what his QB rATING was against Buffalo? Not that it matters, but I'm curious how that computed.

That hasnt stopped the message board warriors :-P

Anyone know what his QB rATING was against Buffalo? Not that it matters, but I'm curious how that computed.

I looked it up yesterday. Think it was like 85. Who says it's not a useless stat?

I find it difficult to believe that dumping off 25+ completions in 35+ attempts is some sort of measuring stick for good play. As though no one else could do it.

What a great and loyal fan you are.

Your teams struggling and you bail, great loyalty, really just great.:roll:

This is the kind of mindless dumb sheet that made posting at JI sucky. We're all rooting for the Jets to win games and get in the playoffs, but we see that the QB is not getting the job done. Pointing it out doesn't make us bad fans, and blindly cheerleading for a bad QB doesn't make you a good fan. So cut it the eff out and grow up.

I looked it up yesterday. Think it was like 85. Who says it's not a useless stat?

I find it difficult to believe that dumping off 25+ completions in 35+ attempts is some sort of measuring stick for good play. As though no one else could do it.

Thanks. Yep, it's useless. The important stat for him was two 4th Q ints.

You could've completed at least 80% of the passes in the offense ran on Sunday. It was 90% dink & dunk, as always.

I don't agree. He had a good day, except for the ints. Much as nobody here likes it, the dinking and dunking was not the problem. Throwing those picks was a disaster, but otherwise it would have been a good game.

This is the kind of mindless dumb sheet that made posting at JI sucky. We're all rooting for the Jets to win games and get in the playoffs, but we see that the QB is not getting the job done. Pointing it out doesn't make us bad fans, and blindly cheerleading for a bad QB doesn't make you a good fan. So cut it the eff out and grow up.

Well said sir. Just left brooklyn last year(park slope). Down here in florida it,s impossible to back up chad anymore we are laughed at in the bar. Give us clemens or give us death

Are you kidding???

Read what he said.:roll:

he said hes going to follow the Bucs until we drop penny. I dont care, thats just a terrible thing for a fan to do.

Are you kidding???

Read what he said.:roll:

he said hes going to follow the Bucs until we drop penny. I dont care, thats just a terrible thing for a fan to do.

A terrible thing for a fan to do is worship at the alter of chad when he holds his whole team back from going to the super bowl because of his amazingly embarissing arm. Anyhow go play rugby ireland

I see this from the Jets:

Punt

Punt

Punt

Missed FG

Punt

TD

INT

TD

INT

The lose is on Chadwick's shoulders.

Pennington deserves most of the blame but not quite all. The defense should not have allowed that kind of performance from a rookie QB making his first career start, that was completely unacceptable. The DB's were also let the Bills WR's run all over the field and get wide open. Chad's INT's killed us but the defense should not get a pass.

A terrible thing for a fan to do is worship at the alter of chad when he holds his whole team back from going to the super bowl because of his amazingly embarissing arm. Anyhow go play rugby ireland

So because Im Irish I cant like football.:roll:

Im not criticising your views of Chad, you have your opinions and I have mine. thats fair enough. What i hat is the fact that you would resort to suppoting another team because you dont like our QB. Its sad really.

So because Im Irish I cant like football.:roll:

Im not criticising your views of Chad, you have your opinions and I have mine. thats fair enough. What i hat is the fact that you would resort to suppoting another team because you dont like our QB. Its sad really.

Not supporting just watching. Perhaps you would like to sit in a florida bar and hear everyone and i mean everyone rag on chad and the jets. Sorry after buffalo i can not back him up anymore he is pathetic. And neither should the fans . He was great before the injuries ,he just plain sucks now.

I don't put the second interception 100% on Chad. Adrien Clarke completely missed his block, forcing Chad to rush his throw. I think he was actually trying to get it to Cotchery on the out, but it sailed on him and McCareins didn't do enough, imo, to knock it away from McGee.

Archived