There is no QB controversy

tparich

Guys as much as you want there to be one it's just not there. An actual controversy only exhists if the HC says it does. Just because some fans are posting that there is one doesn't make it so.

Chad is the starting QB for the foreseeable future and right now I root for Chad as such. I have not heard anything coming out from the Jets saying that they are considering to start Kellen. but when that day comes I will be rooting for Kellen just the same.

I think Mangini wants to lose his job. That's the only explanation for completely ignoring the O-line and D-line, and playing a scheme that doesn't fit his players on defense, and then refusing to make a QB switch when his offense keeps failing to put up points. Maybe he wants to go to New England, where he realizes the talent is there, and BB will be gone soon.

I think Mangini wants to lose his job. That's the only explanation for completely ignoring the O-line and D-line, and playing a scheme that doesn't fit his players on defense, and then refusing to make a QB switch when his offense keeps failing to put up points. Maybe he wants to go to New England, where he realizes the talent is there, and BB will be gone soon.

There is no way in the world Mangini will ever be the HC of the NEP!

There isnt a QB contreversy and there shouldnt be one.

Chad has had 1 bad quarter this season, with only 2 bad passes out of 82. Im sorry but its outrageous to think a starter, a proven NFL vet could be benched for that.

HE IS NOT THE PROBLEM OF THIS TEAM!!!!!!

Chad has had 1 bad quarter this season, with only 2 bad passes out of 82. Im sorry but its outrageous to think a starter, a proven NFL vet could be benched for that.

And how many great passes does he have out of 82?

He has no arm. I don't give a crap what his stats are, he can't get it done.

I 100% agree on that we need to improve on the line on both sides of the ball. The only thing I can think is the reason that he is sticking to the 3-4 is so the players that will be here when he does get a few more pieces will be used to it and have been playing it for a couple years so that they can play more instictually. If they switch back to the 4-3 now for the year and then trade/draft a good NT then everyone will have to get accustomed to the 3-4 again. Learning it is easy but being able to just react out there takes time.

Chad'll tank a few more games and it's HELLOOOO Mister Clemmens.

Now who's delusional. Seriously, think about it, if this team is gonna sink this season, or float, or come out full speed ahead, stronger then ever and never turn back, it's going to be Chad's team for the rest of this season. You have a kid, who is new, you do not wanna put a dent on his confidence. You aren't gonna put him in, in mid-season, and throw him into a situation and hope for the best. They are not gonna do that to him. Chad is RIGHT NOW, the best option, so let's be real, and stop with the BS. Chad is the starter, that's it. :Nuts:

Now who's delusional. Seriously, think about it, if this team is gonna sink this season, or float, or come out full speed ahead, stronger then ever and never turn back, it's going to be Chad's team for the rest of this season. You have a kid, who is new, you do not wanna put a dent on his confidence. You aren't gonna put him in, in mid-season, and throw him into a situation and hope for the best. They are not gonna do that to him. Chad is RIGHT NOW, the best option, so let's be real, and stop with the BS. Chad is the starter, that's it. :Nuts:

Vinny Testaverde was the starter in 2002 as well

just sayin

Guys as much as you want there to be one it's just not there. An actual controversy only exhists if the HC says it does. Just because some fans are posting that there is one doesn't make it so.

Chad is the starting QB for the foreseeable future and right now I root for Chad as such. I have not heard anything coming out from the Jets saying that they are considering to start Kellen. but when that day comes I will be rooting for Kellen just the same.

God your avatar is hot:baby:

Yeah heaven forbid he starts within 2 years, he could be a scrub like Ben Roethlisberger or Vince Young or Jay Cutler.

It's better that we keep him on the bench for 2+ years so he can have full confidence and be a great QB, like Philip Rivers. Oh wait.

Here's the reality: if your QB can't handle the pressure of starting then he does not have the mental toughness to be a starting QB in the league. He needs to start within the first 2 years. You need to allow for maybe half a season or so to work out growing pains. No matter when your QB starts, those pains will be there no matter what. But that doesn't mean the season is lost when you do that.

Vinny Testaverde was the starter in 2002 as well

just sayin

Whoopie, and with Tangini, can you honestly see that happening? The soonest we see Kellen in my opinion is at 1-7 or 2008. That is realistic, not throwing him in there after CP has 2 bad interceptions and expecting him to be God's gift.

Whoopie, and with Tangini, can you honestly see that happening? The soonest we see Kellen in my opinion is at 1-7 or 2008. That is realistic, not throwing him in there after 2 bad interceptions and expecting him to be God's gift.

Never said he was going to start any sooner then what you've said. I would prefer he did. I imagine after Penny loses a few more games Kellen will be in. It's only natural, happens to all QBs who hurt their teams, Rex Grossman, Vinny Testaverde etc,

And how many great passes does he have out of 82?

Chad has a 7.1 YPA out of 82 attempts

Brett Farve has a 7.1 YPA out of 170 attempts

I am not comparing these two players but just wanted to point out that if the dink passes that Chad is getting railed for were winning games and the Jets were 4-0 then those passes are not a problem.

In my opinion if he has a 7.1 YPA and completing 76.8% of his passes then the reason that the offense is not scorring more is because the running game just isn't getting it done. This once again brings us back to losing the battle on the line.

I am not comparing these to players but just wanted to point out that if the dink passes that Chad is getting railed for were winning games and the Jets were 4-0 then those passes are not a problem.

In my opinion if he has a 7.1 YPA and completing 76.8% of his passes then the reason that the offense is not scorring more is because the running game just isn't getting it done. This once again brings us back to losing the battle on the line.

Thank You!!!!

7.1 yds PA is more than enough to be effective.

You can complain about the guys the Jets brought in, but you can't complain that they were "ignoring the O-line and D-line". They used two #1 picks last year and one of their 4 picks this year on the O-line. They also brought in Clements, Clarke and several other crappy FAs. I may have been the #1 "They ****ed up by losing Kendall" guy, but they haven't ignored the O-line. On the D-line they brought in Coleman, Bowens, Hicks, plus all those stiffs that didn't make it like Haynes and Wadsworth and that POS Kimo & Bobby Hamilton last year.

I don't see how not switching qbs after week 4, when the back up "failed to put up points" constitutes "refusing to make a QB switch". Things continue like Sunday and a switch will be made, but it's probably premature now and it's certainly extremely premature to claim that it's mandatory.

Coaches that consistently do what fans want are the ones coaching to lose their jobs. Not coaches that stick to their plan and keep plugging along slowly improving.

The 1st bad pass resulted in 7 points for the Bills. The 2nd bad pass ended the game.

The Chad lead offense has done this:

Game 1: 14 points (TOP was 26:03)

Game 3: 23 points (TOP was 31:50)

Game 4: 14 points (TOP was 27:44)

That's an average of 17 points a game while having the ball for over 28 minutes each game.

When your offense can't average 20 points a game you will be in trouble.

The 1st bad pass resulted in 7 points for the Bills. The 2nd bad pass ended the game.

That's an average of 17 points a game while having the ball for over 28 minutes each game.

nice post, i dont get why we cant see the big picture here and thats a championship, with a sub par defense withouth the personel for the scheme there running we cant have a manageable offense, with the weapons we have there going to waste, clemens is just the better option now

I wanna know, with the amount of time Chad has to get rid of the ball, how people expect more from this offense? Last week it looked like he was rushing to get rid of the ball so he didn't spend another week and a half rehabbing another part of his body.

minus leftwich he may be the most unmobile QB in the nfl, thats a reason why

I am not comparing these two players but just wanted to point out that if the dink passes that Chad is getting railed for were winning games and the Jets were 4-0 then those passes are not a problem.

And how many TDs does Favre have? How many INTs? What about YPC, which is a better stat?

Here is how this works: If you get consistent to the average, and if you are hit or miss, you get the same average. But you have a much better chance of scoring when you hit consecutive 20 yard passes than when you hit consecutive 7 yard passes. Just look at it this way:

If you keep getting 7 yard passes, and you start at your own 30, assuming all you do is pass you'd need 10 completions to get to the endzone. You need to be 100% on your passes.

Assuming you alternate 15 yard completions with shorter ones/incompletions, all you need is a string of about 5 passes. It is MUCH easier to string together 5 15 yard passes at a point in a game than it is to string together 10 7 yard passes, especially since even if you get an incompete pass or 2, each completion is getting you a first down. Not so with the 7 yard passes. That is why Chad can not score points but his stats look okay.

1st game - vs The Pats, better performance than any other QB has put in against them this season, not to mention the injury took him out of the game so it could have actually been more, overall a great and gutsy performance.

2nd game - Great Performance

3rd game - 2 costly picks, otherwise a very good game. Cant look past the picks though so overall a bad day. It happens every QB.

As for TOP, that is on our defence, they cant get the other offence off of the damn field!!

You can complain about the guys the Jets brought in, but you can't complain that they were "ignoring the O-line and D-line". They used two #1 picks last year and one of their 4 picks this year on the O-line. They also brought in Clements, Clarke and several other crappy FAs. I may have been the #1 "They ****ed up by losing Kendall" guy, but they haven't ignored the O-line. On the D-line they brought in Coleman, Bowens, Hicks, plus all those stiffs that didn't make it like Haynes and Wadsworth and that POS Kimo & Bobby Hamilton last year.

I don't see how not switching qbs after week 4, when the back up "failed to put up points" constitutes "refusing to make a QB switch". Things continue like Sunday and a switch will be made, but it's probably premature now and it's certainly extremely premature to claim that it's mandatory.

Coaches that consistently do what fans want are the ones coaching to lose their jobs. Not coaches that stick to their plan and keep plugging along slowly improving.

Herm did that too but got run out of town. Herm used a lot of garbage picks on O-line and garbage FAs, wait, actually, Herm brought in Ty Law who si actually good. Signing and drafting crap or underachievers is still the same thing as ignoring needs. I don't like Kendall but without having a contingency plan in place refusing to give him the $1M while having $10M in cap room is retarded. This FO is dropping the ball big time. Go 10-6 on a creampuff schedule and think you're a genius, ****ing Herm managed that plenty of times.

And how many TDs does Favre have? How many INTs? What about YPC, which is a better stat?

Here is how this works: If you get consistent to the average, and if you are hit or miss, you get the same average. But you have a much better chance of scoring when you hit consecutive 20 yard passes than when you hit consecutive 7 yard passes. Just look at it this way:

If you keep getting 7 yard passes, and you start at your own 30, assuming all you do is pass you'd need 10 completions to get to the endzone. You need to be 100% on your passes.

Assuming you alternate 15 yard completions with shorter ones/incompletions, all you need is a string of about 5 passes. It is MUCH easier to string together 5 15 yard passes at a point in a game than it is to string together 10 7 yard passes, especially since even if you get an incompete pass or 2, each completion is getting you a first down. Not so with the 7 yard passes. That is why Chad can not score points but his stats look okay.

Your kidding right???

YPC could have a QB making 2 Completions out 30 and just because the 2 went for a big gain the stat would look good.

Your kidding right???

YPC could have a QB making 2 Completions out 30 and just because the 2 went for a big gain the stat would look good.

It is a much better stat. YPA a guy can dink and dunk all day and get a good number, without ever seriously threatening a score.

Is YPC a better stat just because it would help your argument? There is a reason that this stat is not tracked and when you look up stats it always shows the YPA.

But if you must know

Farve: YPC 10.8 8TD/2INT

Chad: YPC 9.2 6pass1rushTD/2INT

There is not a whole lot of difference in their production. The difference in these teams in the lines on both sides of the ball.

It is a much better stat. YPA a guy can dink and dunk all day and get a good number, without ever seriously threatening a score.

Completions (no matter what gain) >>>> Incompletions

Seriously dont even bother with this arguement, YPA is far FAR more acurate a stat.

Its not even close.

Whoopie, and with Tangini, can you honestly see that happening? The soonest we see Kellen in my opinion is at 1-7 or 2008. That is realistic, not throwing him in there after CP has 2 bad interceptions and expecting him to be God's gift.

OK, so you think that Kellen will be starting against the redskins, huh? I thought it would be a little sooner, but you may be right.

Is YPC a better stat just because it would help your argument? There is a reason that this stat is not tracked and when you look up stats it always shows the YPA.

But if you must know

Farve: YPC 10.8 8TD/2INT

Chad: YPC 9.2 6pass1rushTD/2INT

There is not a whole lot of difference in their production. The difference in these teams in the lines on both sides of the ball.

Haha, sweet.

That just proves that Chad isnt the problem, he can get it done. Remember he missed a game too and was injured vs the Pats, so the stats could be higher (or lower but I'll stick with the average).

Archived