There is no QB controversy

tparich

OK, so you think that Kellen will be starting against the redskins, huh? I thought it would be a little sooner, but you may be right.

Nope didn't say that, and I don't think Kellen is gonna start this entire season was my point. That's an opinion, I have no factual information as none of you people do, but I'm not dumb to the fact that Chad pulls off big wins against teams he shouldn't. I have a feeling we're gonna be at .500 by week 8 with Chad as the QB. Therefore no reason to bench Chad.

Chad has a 7.1 YPA out of 82 attempts

Brett Farve has a 7.1 YPA out of 170 attempts

I am not comparing these two players but just wanted to point out that if the dink passes that Chad is getting railed for were winning games and the Jets were 4-0 then those passes are not a problem.

In my opinion if he has a 7.1 YPA and completing 76.8% of his passes then the reason that the offense is not scorring more is because the running game just isn't getting it done. This once again brings us back to losing the battle on the line.

yards per attempt really doesn't do it for me. I would be curious, how does Chad stack up to Farve in yards per completion?

Nope didn't say that, and I don't think Kellen is gonna start this entire season was my point. That's an opinion, I have no factual information as none of you people do, but I'm not dumb to the fact that Chad pulls off big wins against teams he shouldn't. I have a feeling we're gonna be at .500 by week 8 with Chad as the QB. Therefore no reason to bench Chad.

So you think we are going to go 3-1 over the next 4 games

Giants, Eagles, Bengals, Buffalo. You see 3 wins in there?

The way this team is playing, on both sides of the ball, maybe we can beat Buffalo at home. maybe. If they start Losman.

Chad fans, wow.

If this argument was flat vs. round, rather than Chad vs. Clemens, this topic would say "There is no Earth controversy".

I don't really consider myself a "Chad Fan" I root for him because he is the QB for the team i love.

I just don't have a hatred for the guy and think the reason for not scoring more points is because of the O-Line. I think we are looking pretty good at most of the so called "skill positions" on both sides of the ball. We just need better line play so the skill guys can do their jobs.

The defense also doesn't help by giving us fewer drives to even try to score points.

I don't really consider myself a "Chad Fan" I root for him because he is the QB for the team i love.

I just don't have a hatred for the guy and think the reason for not scoring more points is because of the O-Line. I think we are looking pretty good at most of the so called "skill positions" on both sides of the ball. We just need better line play so the skill guys can do their jobs.

The defense also doesn't help by giving us fewer drives to even try to score points.

I can't speak for everyone, but I certainly don't hate Chad, I just don't think he's the answer for the Jets.

The 1st bad pass resulted in 7 points for the Bills. The 2nd bad pass ended the game.

The Chad lead offense has done this:

Game 1: 14 points (TOP was 26:03)

Game 3: 23 points (TOP was 31:50)

Game 4: 14 points (TOP was 27:44)

That's an average of 17 points a game while having the ball for over 28 minutes each game.

When your offense can't average 20 points a game you will be in trouble.

As Bill parcells used to say "you judge a QB by his ability to get his team in the end zone" Many around here seem to think that completion percentage and QB rating are more important. Chad throws for 200 yds and 2 tds we score 14 points and lose, but since he completed 70% of his passes and his rating was high it was a great performance by Chad, and the loss had nothing to do with him. Its amazing I dont recall a mediocre athlete more loved and defended in any sport in NY.

As Bill parcells used to say "you judge a QB by his ability to get his team in the end zone" Many around here seem to think that completion percentage and QB rating are more important. Chad throws for 200 yds and 2 tds we score 14 points and lose, but since he completed 70% of his passes and his rating was high it was a great performance by Chad, and the loss had nothing to do with him. Its amazing I dont recall a mediocre athlete more loved and defended in any sport in NY.

That sums it up.

Chad has a 76 completion percentage and has nothing to show for it as his team has won 1 game.

Is YPC a better stat just because it would help your argument? There is a reason that this stat is not tracked and when you look up stats it always shows the YPA.

But if you must know

Farve: YPC 10.8 8TD/2INT

Chad: YPC 9.2 6pass1rushTD/2INT

There is not a whole lot of difference in their production. The difference in these teams in the lines on both sides of the ball.

1.6 yards more per completion. First down vs. not first down. 1 more TD passed for, that'd give us Buffalo right there. I'm also certain Favre got his team in position for a few TDs rushed/more goal line/red-zone opportunities. We don't get to the red-zone much with Chad so of course we can't run it in.

1.6 yards more per completion. First down vs. not first down. 1 more TD passed for, that'd give us Buffalo right there. I'm also certain Favre got his team in position for a few TDs rushed/more goal line/red-zone opportunities. We don't get to the red-zone much with Chad so of course we can't run it in.

Dude, do you just guess this stuff?

Farve: 51% of his completed passes were for a first down

Chad: 57% of his completed passes were for a first down

Also has one less game so really his TD per game% is higher.

It wasnt Pennington's fault they lost to NE. In fact, he was one of the few who played well in that game.

He had no part of the ravens game.

He played well vs the Fish.

Now, he had an unproductive game against the Bills which they lost, and all hell breaks loose.

I'm okay if mangini announces he is going to play Clemens this week, but since that hasnt happened yet, i dont see a controversy.

It wasnt Pennington's fault they lost to NE. In fact, he was one of the few who played well in that game.

He had no part of the ravens game.

He played well vs the Fish.

Now, he had an unproductive game against the Bills which they lost, and all hell breaks loose.

I'm okay if mangini announces he is going to play Clemens this week, but since that hasnt happened yet, i dont see a controversy.

True. I dont mind the idea of starting Clemens but Id like to see if Penny comes back vs the Giants with some fire too.

Archived