Here we go from PFT ...and the fun begins

NIGHT STALKER

Jets players starting to lose respect for Mangini

Oct. 3, 2007

After weeks of enduring criticism over the Jets' defense's poor performance, head coach Eric Mangini and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer are now feeling the heat for the offense's lack of production from within their own locker room. Although no player has said anything publicly, insiders say that players are growing increasingly irritated with the overly conservative offensive game plan. In Sunday's 17-14 loss to the previously winless Bills, QB Chad Pennington hardly went downfield at all, despite the fact that the Bills were operating with a patchwork secondary befallen by injuries. The current criticisms of the offense couldn't stand in starker contrast to the way it was received last year, the first year of the Mangini regime. In 2006, Schottenheimer had the whole team buzzing about the versatility that the shotgun and no-huddle offenses would bring, and Mangini was lauded for bringing in a coordinator with such an innovative approach to moving the ball. But as Schottenheimer's play-calling is currently being questioned, we hear that Mangini is slowly losing the respect of his players from both a coaching and personal perspective. Mangini's demanding and notoriously rigid persona has never endeared himself to many players, but they were willing to accept it last year because they were winning. Now that they're mired in a 1-3 start, the prevailing thought is that the team needs to right the ship immediately or risk the player-coach rift widening to a dysfunctional level.

Good, he deserves it. That arrogant idiot was really getting on my nerves. If the fanbase can see problems from a mile away this alleged genius should be able to see it too. If you're going to continue this type of arrogance at least be right about it. He better be right about Chad, I wouldn't want to lose my job over it, I would go with Clemens.

Good, he deserves it. That arrogant idiot was really getting on my nerves. If the fanbase can see problems from a mile away this alleged genius should be able to see it too. If you're going to continue this type of arrogance at least be right about it. He better be right about Chad, I wouldn't want to lose my job over it, I would go with Clemens.

The problems are more then Chad. They said the team has had it with Mangini and co., more then likely he's part of that.

WHERE DID FAT MANGINI GO!

Interesting, but i'm not surprised. Last week Hutchinson reported that some on the defense werent thrilled with the system, but wouldnt say so publicly.

Also, if anyone saw the monday open mike, mangini was not his usual self, and I dont think the press is ready to do him any favors either. They seemed to have decided to let him sink or swim on his own, and didnt even give him the opportunity to talk about the QB position.

Not going for it on 4th downs reveals how conservative he has become this season.

And above all, the players are not playing balls to the walls for him this year.

Mangini get off the diet pills....

Although I do think we should have SOME patience here, its only his 2nd year in what he said would be a 3-4 year process of getting this team to where he wants it to be....

But we need to see some adapting to what he has by him.

He's pretending to be little Bill and its not working, in fact he's doing the complete opposite. Bill utilizes strengths to exploit opponent's weaknesses, this year, Mangini is utilizing our weakness to show opponents strengths...

The problems are more then Chad. They said the team has had it with Mangini and co., more then likely he's part of that.

WHERE DID FAT MANGINI GO!

If it's not with Chad it is STILL Mangini's fault. It is one thing to lose because you are undermanned in talent, you can see the reason for losing to the Pats. But the Ravens are not so hot this year, and the Bills have way less talent than us. That is on the CS. I don't care who is QBing, but I'm saying if the reason for the conservative gameplans is the FO has no faith in Chad to air it out, then they need to get rid of Chad. If, it is as you say Chad can do it but is being held back by the CS, then again, that is on the CS. No matter what, it is on the CS, and they should take full blame. I don't even blame Chad, either he physically can't do it or he is being hermcuffed, and Herm isn't even ****ing here. Funny how Herm beat down the Chargers though.

If it's not with Chad it is STILL Mangini's fault. It is one thing to lose because you are undermanned in talent, you can see the reason for losing to the Pats. But the Ravens are not so hot this year, and the Bills have way less talent than us. That is on the CS. I don't care who is QBing, but I'm saying if the reason for the conservative gameplans is the FO has no faith in Chad to air it out, then they need to get rid of Chad. If, it is as you say Chad can do it but is being held back by the CS, then again, that is on the CS. No matter what, it is on the CS, and they should take full blame. I don't even blame Chad, either he physically can't do it or he is being hermcuffed, and Herm isn't even ****ing here. Funny how Herm beat down the Chargers though.

I would say it's hermcuffed, and with that I think they should take the cuffs off and let him do what he has too out on the field. Mangini needs to get this team to feel good about it's self mentally as well, and they're gonna start to lose the mental toughness they need if they're being held back on 4th downs when they have an opportunity to make a 1st down, etc. to say the least.

Mangini get off the diet pills....

Although I do think we should have SOME patience here, its only his 2nd year in what he said would be a 3-4 year process of getting this team to where he wants it to be....

But we need to see some adapting to what he has by him.

He's pretending to be little Bill and its not working, in fact he's doing the complete opposite. Bill utilizes strengths to exploit opponent's weaknesses, this year, Mangini is utilizing our weakness to show opponents strengths...

I can fully understand that this is his second year, and I have been saying that it will take time to get personnel in here that are needed as well. I realize it will take time, but I also want to see at least some improvement with the ebb and flow of the squads that take the field from week to week. We have regressed to being beat by Buffalo, and there should be some kind of answer for this kind of result. Im not calling for Manginis head by any means, but this Giants game better show some kind of improvement by the Jets to where they look like they have some pride in themselves.

play calling has a lot to do with what your qb is capable of

Chad is capable of winning! They know this or he would not be out there! 2 bad interceptions and this whole board is a warzone about QB. None of the play calls are good at all, they weren't in Baltimore either! The defense can't sac a ****ing ragdoll. Every thread has to have Chad's name in it, even when this one is to do with Mangini, and that is so ****ing sad!

Christ, Pennington is a coach killer isnt he? Doesnt play bad enought to lose his job, doesnt play good enough to get over the hump. He's good for nothing.

Mangini needs to step the F up and bench the assclown before its too late.

Are you implying Chad cost Herm his job? LOL, He's only had 2 head coaches while starting, one is Magini, the other Edwards.

Herm doesn't need anyone other than himself, and himself to get fired. And maybe Dick Curl.

I would say it's hermcuffed, and with that I think they should take the cuffs off and let him do what he has too out on the field. Mangini needs to get this team to feel good about it's self mentally as well, and they're gonna start to lose the mental toughness they need if they're being held back on 4th downs when they have an opportunity to make a 1st down, etc. to say the least.

You are blind Lets make a deal if chad dosent throw 1 and i mean 1 25 plus yard vertical pass this weekend will you finally shut up about chad. And not a floater i mean a real pass in stride to the reciever.

You are blind Lets make a deal if chad dosent throw 1 and i mean 1 25 plus yard vertical pass this weekend will you finally shut up about chad. And not a floater i mean a real pass in stride to the reciever.

I'll never shut up about Chad till I find a reason too. When I find my own reason to keep my mouth shut thats when I'll do it.

Herm didnt even get fired (somehow), he left!!

Penny the coach killer:

So lets see that list of Chads victims.....

...... Just devastating!!!

Well according to Chad fans, it was Herm holding Chad back, it was Hackett holding Chad back, it was Cottrells defense holding Chad back. Now its Shottenheimer holding Chad back and Mangini holding Chad back. Oh and Sutton too because of the defense.

Hmmmmm. Maybe it is something or somebody else?? Maybe because Chad is overrated garbage, ever think of that? Nah, cant be.

Well according to Chad fans, it was Herm holding Chad back, it was Hackett holding Chad back, it was Cottrells defense holding Chad back. Now its Shottenheimer holding Chad back and Mangini holding Chad back. Oh and Sutton too because of the defense.

Hmmmmm. Maybe it is something or somebody else?? Maybe because Chad is overrated garbage, ever think of that? Nah, cant be.

Thank god youre here . Chad has a rocket arm we all know that but the coaches are just kepping it hush hush

So let me get this straight...you're saying Chad caused Herm to lose games he wouldn't have lost with a different QB? And that because that, Herm Edwards is a much better coach than it appears?

You gotta go one way or the other now--If its Chad thats been the problem all along, then Herm isn't all that bad?

Oh shut up with your bull****! When I have a ****ing reason to believe that CHAD PENNINGTON is the ****ing reason why the damn Jets are 1-3 I WILL, TILL THEN, I'm not gonna ****ing hop on to the Kellen wagon, who was good on 3 drives against a tired Baltimore defense in the 4th ****ing quarter! Please!

he was on leash for 3 quaters, just saying

Oh shut up with your bull**** jojodogs! When I have a ****ing reason to believe that CHAD PENNINGTON is the ****ing reason why the damn Jets are 1-3 I WILL, TILL THEN, I'm not gonna ****ing hop on to the Kellen wagon, who was good on 3 drives against a tired Baltimore defense in the 4th ****ing quarter! Please!

Type some more stars they loo:shutit:k pretty loke chads passes

Thank god youre here . Chad has a rocket arm we all know that but the coaches are just kepping it hush hush

Dont forget- "the Oline is holding Chad back, lack of a running game (which has nothing to do with Chads limitations) is holding Chad back and no true "speed burner" at WR is holding Chad back."

The wind too. Its holding back Chads passes. Obviously this falls on the coaching because they should know the wind will blow Chads ball around and back like a boomerang yet they dont call any passes to take advantage of Chads greatness in this area. Terrible coaching.

So let me get this straight...you're saying Chad caused Herm to lose games he wouldn't have lost with a different QB? And that because that, Herm Edwards is a much better coach than it appears?

You gotta go one way or the other now--If its Chad thats been the problem all along, then Herm isn't all that bad?

Ahem

Archived