Chad quote: How dumb does he think we are?

Barton

Dude if clemens or tui or one of the unemployed flag fag boys from last year come in and throw cruise missiles around and we win i will be happy, i am not a chad fanboy just as i am not a blind fanboy of anyone. I watch the games, and i see what i feel are the problems, and i think there are bigger problems then chad and i think if clemens were good enough or ready the coaches would give him a shot. BUT until they do, i am not gonna sit here and b$tch and moan because clearly the guys who get paid and run the practices have to have atleast someone more of an idea of what to do then some kid who spent two hours photoshopping a squirt gun onto a picture of a football player.

Tell ya what barton, i had an issue with the front office one time with regard to my ticket account, so i was given the number to the top brass, i DARE you to give them a call and voice your opinion, here is the number: 516-777-3456, i am sure they will be happy to take a listen once you tell them you are Barton of JN, formerly CollegeBarton, formerly formerly Barton. lol

:sign0098: Funny too :rl:

Sorry, I couldn't read every single reply, because it just got way too negative, but in answer to the original question...I don't think he imagines we are that dumb. He is not one to make excuses and under Mangini's rule, he can't address his own health, even if he wanted to. I believe his ankle is still preventing him from planting properly, as evidenced by his last throw. He tried to roll to the right and throw with his arm, which resulted in a chicken wing toss. Watch it a few times, if you have to. It's up to Mangini to assess his readiness and pull the plug, if he needs more time to heal, but don't crucify the guy for refusing to make excuses.

Personally, I'm hoping he is ready and they come out with a play action long ball, so he can shut people up about the arm strength thing. He once threw the ball 45 yards with a torn rotator cuff... He's not John Elway, but I think his arm strength has always been adequate. They need to get stronger up front. Over and out.

Sorry, I couldn't read every single reply, because it just got way too negative, but in answer to the original question...I don't think he imagines we are that dumb. He is not one to make excuses and under Mangini's rule, he can't address his own health, even if he wanted to. I believe his ankle is still preventing him from planting properly, as evidenced by his last throw. He tried to roll to the right and throw with his arm, which resulted in a chicken wing toss. Watch it a few times, if you have to. It's up to Mangini to assess his readiness and pull the plug, if he needs more time to heal, but don't crucify the guy for refusing to make excuses.

Personally, I'm hoping he is ready and they come out with a play action long ball, so he can shut people up about the arm strength thing. He once threw the ball 45 yards with a torn rotator cuff... He's not John Elway, but I think his arm strength has always been adequate. They need to get stronger up front. Over and out.

Everything is Chad's fault here... dont even bother

As big a Chad apologist as you are do you buy Chad's quote about "great" velocity and accuracy?

ON his two deep middle completions, yes... they were just as good as any NFL QB not named Farve.

His out pattern throws sucked ass...

ON his two deep middle completions, yes... they were just as good as any NFL QB not named Farve.

His out pattern throws sucked ass...

Not named Favre? Are you kidding me? Every QB in the NFL can throw a ball straight down the field between the hash marks.

Only the good ones can make the out pattern throw.

He did have good velocity on some throws, not on others.

His arm didnt look too bad on Sunday. In fairness the picks (especially the first) were more down to bad desicions, which are uncharachteristic of him.

The second pick he really didnt get to step into it and like he said it got away from him, these things happen every QB.

In fairness the picks (especially the first) were more down to bad desicions, which are uncharachteristic of him.

The second pick he really didnt get to step into it and like he said it got away from him, these things happen every QB.

So his 16 INT's last year were uncharacteristic?

Not named Favre? Are you kidding me? Every QB in the NFL can throw a ball straight down the field between the hash marks.

Only the good ones can make the out pattern throw.

Thats what I was saying... he made the throws down the middle good... as most QB's would be expected to do.. they did have enough "zip" on them... his sideline passes however did not..

Thats what I was saying... he made the throws down the middle good... as most QB's would be expected to do.. they did have enough "zip" on them... his sideline passes however did not..

Did I miss something? When the hell did you become logical when it comes to Chadwick? :)

That was the 1st time Chad had ever started all 16 games as a starter. 16 picks don't lie.

NOT to stick up for him, but it was a new system, alot of 3 step drops! If he played 16 this year, I doubt he has 16 pics. He is ranked like 7th all time accuracy.

again, not that I,m sticking up for him:bag:

Did I miss something? When the hell did you become logical when it comes to Chadwick? :)

LOL

There was no denying something was up with those passes... I think its his ankle... I know he can throw that ball better than that... he might not be great at it... but he sure aint that bad...

What sucks is with a good team around him Chad would be a very good QB... unlike say... Rex Grossman...

LOL

There was no denying something was up with those passes... I think its his ankle... I know he can throw that ball better than that... he might not be great at it... but he sure aint that bad...

What sucks is with a good team around him Chad would be a very good QB... unlike say... Rex Grossman...

The last Int was the 3rd pass to the sideline in a row, with I think it was 7 seconds left, no timeouts. It was a high risk throw that the world knew was coming! If he throws over the middle and completes, game over. so take a chance at the sideline.

I would have put Clemens in and threw a hail mary!!

The last Int was the 3rd pass to the sideline in a row, with I think it was 7 seconds left, no timeouts. It was a high risk throw that the world knew was coming! If he throws over the middle and completes, game over. so take a chance at the sideline.

I would have put Clemens in and threw a hail mary!!

We were 4 - 6 yds from FG range, that would have been incredibly stupid, i thought there was enough time to do and dump and spike.

Another play I may have ran, would have been a backward pass to Brad Smith and have him hurl it down the field. Still too risky though.

We were 4 - 6 yds from FG range, that would have been incredibly stupid, i thought there was enough time to do and dump and spike.

Another play I may have ran, would have been a backward pass to Brad Smith and have him hurl it down the field. Still too risky though.

Not with 7 seconds left!

I was in 8th grade back then, so the memory is still there.

lol of course, I knew it. I was thinking, "what is it?, sarcasm? He's a kid. Go get some girls,dude, get off the message board with us old timers who know the game and the history of this team, it goes deeper than the Great Chad/Vinny debate.

You never saw Montana in his prime, no wonder, you don't appreciate Chad's game.

You never saw Montana in his prime, no wonder, you don't appreciate Chad's game.

So, I guess you came of age in the 80's. No to take anything away from Montana, a HOF qb, but the WCO is BORING.

Offensive football should be exciting. The single best football game I have ever seen was the 1986 at NY- Jets 51 Dolphins 45 overtime game. Bombs away! Reminded me of the old AFL days.

That is how football should be played... balls to the wall, taking it to your opponent... not "protecting the ball" and hoping your opponent screws up so you can have a chance at the end of the game.

But if Montana is the epitamy of QB play, then I guess I understand how you "appreciate" Chad's game. Although, I must say, mentioning Chad and Montana in the same breath is sacreligious.

So, I guess you came of age in the 80's. No to take anything away from Montana, a HOF qb, but the WCO is BORING.

Offensive football should be exciting. The single best football game I have ever seen was the 1986 at NY- Jets 51 Dolphins 45 overtime game. Bombs away! Reminded me of the old AFL days.

That is how football should be played... balls to the wall, taking it to your opponent... not "protecting the ball" and hoping your opponent screws up so you can have a chance at the end of the game.

But if Montana is the epitamy of QB play, then I guess I understand how you "appreciate" Chad's game. Although, I must say, mentioning Chad and Montana in the same breath is sacreligious.

Gand, I must say that the the best post you've ever written disagreeing with me. I agree with your last sentence, but I'm glad you see where I'm coming from in the style of play, Montana was my favorite of all time and that 89 SuperBowl when he beat the Bengals in the last minute was anything but boring.

And another awesome SuperBowl won by the same type of QB, maybe this guy will be more on Chad's level and not so "sacreligious"---Jeff Hostetler(played an awesome, smart game, no mistakes,steady marching down the field and he had a weaker arm than Chad post-surgeries) 91 Super Bowl Giants-Bills, missed FG. You can't say that was boring and BTW, that,

my friends, was a TRUE 3-4 defense, played to perfection.

Gand, I must say that the the best post you've ever written disagreeing with me. I agree with your last sentence, but I'm glad you see where I'm coming from in the style of play, Montana was my favorite of all time and that 89 SuperBowl when he beat the Bengals in the last minute was anything but boring.

And another awesome SuperBowl won by the same type of QB, maybe this guy will be more on Chad's level and not so "sacreligious"---Jeff Hostetler(played an awesome, smart game, no mistakes,steady marching down the field and he had a weaker arm than Chad post-surgeries) 91 Super Bowl Giants-Bills, missed FG. You can't say that was boring and BTW, that,

my friends, was a TRUE 3-4 defense, played to perfection.

Uh, thanks... I think...

Btw, no disrespect for Montana. He was a great QB and did provide some GREAT moments ("the CATCH").

Jeff Hostetler, not so much. That Giants team was carried by LT and the defense. But again, to my point, Giants football is BORING in general. That Super Bowl game was exciting only because it was close throughout the game and it was the Super Bowl.

Thats right Barton - when you think Joe Montana - Chad should immediately be your next synapse. They're kinda transparent to each other.;)

AND IT CONTINUES.....

Jets | Pennington to simplify approach

Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:36:50 -0700

Eric Allen, of NewYorkJets.com, reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington said he will start to simplify his approach during games. "Don't try too hard. Let the game come to you, understand the situation and make it work. Don't feel like you have to take a game on your shoulders by yourself because it is a team game," Pennington said.

Oh, ok Chad. So I guess you felt you threw the game away last week because you put too much load on your shoulders? Yeah, it wasnt like your defense and special teams accounted for 17 points.

Chad, by "simplifying your approach" do you mean that you are gonna stop throwing 3 yard passes every down? How simpler can it get? Are you going to just knee the ball as soon as you receive the snap from Mangold? I guess that is simplifying your approach huh. Wait, why not just have somebody else receive the snap and throw it for you. Thats even simpler! Then, just dont show up for the game at all - even simpler!! What a novel idea, Chad. Gee, you are just sooooo smart and intelligent.

What a f'ing tool.

Chad Pennington quotes after the loss to the Giants:

"I feel really good about the way I'm playing the game of football -- if you extract about five plays out of all four games. Ninety-five percent of the plays, I feel really good about. I feel like I've gotten better as a quarterback, better within the system, really doing some good things to help us get into some good plays and out of some bad plays, seeing things really well. Four or five plays, along with the losing, have overshadowed the good plays."

95% what? 95% of your passes are less than 10 yards? Wtf are you talking about, Chad? You are getting better within the system, seriously?? Oh, tell me you didnt just play the "I'm still getting used to the new offensive system" card.

"He jumped one route (for an interception). Other than that, we pushed the ball down the field. That's what everybody is going to say about me, that I throw a light ball. Whatever that means, I don

"I feel really good about the way I'm playing the game of football -- if you extract about five plays out of all four games. Ninety-five percent of the plays, I feel really good about. I feel like I've gotten better as a quarterback, better within the system, really doing some good things to help us get into some good plays and out of some bad plays, seeing things really well. Four or five plays, along with the losing, have overshadowed the good plays."

Tell me you are quoting ecurb and not Chad.

Could you ever see a Manning, Palmer or Brady saying something as stupid as that?

If you take away about five plays I'm playing awesome. Wow, just wow.

Archived