Hey 124

4HCrew

Mike Nugent - 4-7 57% 4 touchbacks

Stephen Gostkowski - 7-8 87.5% 5 touchbacks

Just sayin'...

Indeed. Nuge Blows, unless he steps up big time and Im talking 95 percent stuff. he shouldnt be our kicker next season. We just have him screwing us over like that time after time.

Hes starting to piss me off.

2nd round pick on a below average kicker. No excuse in the world for missing to chip shots 2 weeks in a row, could have had huge impacts on the games.:roll:

Yeah, after last year i really thought he was coming around.

You guys wanted your touchbacks, you got em!

Bet you'd love 1 touchback and 7-7 right now wouldn't ya?

Yes, Nuge has been struggling and I knew you wouldn't let me forget Tys, just thought I wouldn't have to hear it until Sunday when I get to the stadium.:P

Yes, Nuge has been struggling and I knew you wouldn't let me forget Tys, just thought I wouldn't have to hear it until Sunday when I get to the stadium.:P

I am sorry dude, i just don't understand or follow, what does nuge kicking touchbacks have to do with him missing FGs? Why can't he do both? Why does one need to suffer for the other to improve? Not busting chops, i just have heard you say this a few times so i want to know what the deal is, i don't know a whole lot about the kicker position, it seems pretty straight forward to me but maybe i am missing something?

I am sorry dude, i just don't understand or follow, what does nuge kicking touchbacks have to do with him missing FGs? Why can't he do both? Why does one need to suffer for the other to improve? Not busting chops, i just have heard you say this a few times so i want to know what the deal is, i don't know a whole lot about the kicker position, it seems pretty straight forward to me but maybe i am missing something?

He had to change his kicking motion Im sure to get more power... kicker are all about rhythm..... they said Ben G couldnt do kickoffs becuase it messed up his punts...

Mike Nugent - 4-7 57% 4 touchbacks

Stephen Gostkowski - 7-8 87.5% 5 touchbacks

Just sayin'...

Yeah but Nugent barely kicks off. Your guy has like 12 of them a game. So Nugent's 4 touchbacks -- that is actually more impressive percentage wise.

As ecurb said, he had to change his kicking motion somewhat and the added length strength that he worked on may be becoming a factor on his FG's when he's pushing the ball inside to make the FG his added leg strength may be pushing the bar further to the inside that it goes outside and eventually missing the goal post.

He will now have to change his kicking motions on FG's again.

Give the guy some time to do so.

As ecurb said, he had to change his kicking motion somewhat and the added length strength that he worked on may be becoming a factor on his FG's when he's pushing the ball inside to make the FG his added leg strength may be pushing the bar further to the insider and eventually missing the goal post.

He will now have to change his kicking motions on FG's again.

Give the guy some time to do so.

No offense but this is speculation. I am going to ask Westhoff to clarify. I will let you know what I find out.

With a 2nd. round pick, should you really have to pick and choose the attributes of your kicker?

With a 2nd. round pick, should you really have to pick and choose the attributes of your kicker?

He had it all in college and was showing his same FG skills in the NFL. However, in college and NFL there is a 5 yard difference on kickoffs so therefore Nuge eventually had to change his kicking style to get more touchbacks because the team obviously wanted more of them.

Now with more leg strength he must learn to control his leg's strength when pushing the ball from hash mark to between the goal posts. He cannot push too far to either side or the ball will sail wide. He didn't add the strength in his first few years so instead of seeing it his rookie season we are seeing it now, the inconsistency that is.

Yeah but Nugent barely kicks off. Your guy has like 12 of them a game. So Nugent's 4 touchbacks -- that is actually more impressive percentage wise.

What do you want me to say? Gostkowski's leg just gets tired. :P

He had it all in college and was showing his same FG skills in the NFL. However, in college and NFL there is a 5 yard difference on kickoffs so therefore Nuge eventually had to change his kicking style to get more touchbacks because the team obviously wanted more of them.

Now with more leg strength he must learn to control his leg's strength when pushing the ball from hash mark to between the goal posts. He cannot push too far to either side or the ball will sail wide. He didn't add the strength in his first few years so instead of seeing it his rookie season we are seeing it now, the inconsistency that is.

So he missing because his leg is too strong? :P

So he missing because his leg is too strong? :P

He is over pushing. In other years when pushing from the hashmark to between the goal posts his leg was not as strong as it is now. Chances are he is swinging the same where he should not be swinging as hard on FG attemps.

He is over pushing. In other years when pushing from the hashmark to between the goal posts his leg was not as strong as it is now. Chances are he is swinging the same where he should not be swinging as hard on FG attemps.

So this is a problem that a kicker who has more than likely been kicking field goals for at least 10 years can't easily correct?

So this is a problem that a kicker who has more than likely been kicking field goals for at least 10 years can't easily correct?

It takes a season to perfect it, or near perfect it. Its been FIVE freakin' games, one of those three misses from 50+. Relax. Worry about "The Ghost", we'll worry about Nuge.

Joe, maybe you have a similar problem in beer pong ;)

You mean how I carried my teammate in both games yesterday?

Listen up old man, you and I have to team up on a day with minimal wind. I keep telling you this. We'd be unstoppable.

It takes a season to perfect it, or near perfect it. Its been FIVE freakin' games, one of those three misses from 50+. Relax. Worry about "The Ghost", we'll worry about Nuge.

That's the thing. So far we don't have to worry about Gostkowski. I refuse to believe that it would take a professional kicker a full season to adjust to having more power.

That's the thing. So far we don't have to worry about Gostkowski. I refuse to believe that it would take a professional kicker a full season to adjust to having more power.

I am just wondering, how does an nfl pro kicker who came from a powerhouse like Ohio State all of a sudden find more power in his third season in the nfl? By his first year in the pros i would assume he has hit is peak as far as leg power and just needs to work on the mental aspect of the game and maybe tweeking his form, but then again the kid was a captain at ohio state so how much tweeking does one need when you are already performing the job on that high a level, this is a kicker for f$$$s sake.

Archived