Chad Supporter and Hater Label

Jetman_67

I keep reading through the threads and it seems as if the fans who want Chad to keep starting lable the ones who want to see what Clemmens can do as Chad haters.

Just because some want to see what the kid can do because We believe that Chad is not going to win, does not make anyone a hater. Chad is a class act at all times and very smart. He would probably make a great QB coach or maybe even an OC someday.

The fact is his passes are floating worse than ever which indicates his shoulder is dead. To keep playing him is Unfair to Chad, the Team and the fans. As these floating passes keep getting picked off he and everyone else will just become more frustrated. This is not a knock on Chad. The Guy already had the shoulder repaired twice. He has done nothing but show he has guts by coming back from both surgeries to keep playing.

There are some classless fans who will be saying terrible things and wishing terrible things. This is not the majority of the fans but there are always a few out there.

The majority of fans just want to win, and it doesnt matter who is under center as long as the team is winning

I keep reading through the threads and it seems as if the fans who want Chad to keep starting lable the ones who want to see what Clemmens can do as Chad haters.

Just because some want to see what the kid can do because We believe that Chad is not going to win, does not make anyone a hater. Chad is a class act at all times and very smart. He would probably make a great QB coach or maybe even an OC someday.

The fact is his passes are floating worse than ever which indicates his shoulder is dead. To keep playing him is Unfair to Chad, the Team and the fans. As these floating passes keep getting picked off he and everyone else will just become more frustrated. This is not a knock on Chad. The Guy already had the shoulder repaired twice. He has done nothing but show he has guts by coming back from both surgeries to keep playing.

There are some classless fans who will be saying terrible things and wishing terrible things. This is not the majority of the fans but there are always a few out there.

The majority of fans just want to win, and it doesnt matter who is under center as long as the team is winning

You obviously haven't read any of Bartons threads. Please report back once you have. :biggrin:

read the personal attacks that some people make on chad first and then tell me that they arent chad haters

I love Chad. I was thrilled to see him make an impossible comeback last year against all odds. With an off season to rest and get stronger, I was expecting big things from him this year. And although I have liked Clemen's potential since I saw him in college, I believed this was still Chad's team and they could go far. Obviously, the Jets have a lot of problems and their 1 - 4 record is hardly all Chad's fault.

But ... you have to be truly blind to watch Chad this year and not see that he has lost what little arm strength he had. I don't know why. All I know is what I see. And it is the same thing that every defensive back in the league sees. Opposing defenses will continue to stack the LOS against the run and defensive backs will play tight man-to-man and look to jump routes whenever they can. It is over for Chad. Done. With all of their problems and the way the Pats are playing, the season is over for the Jets. Might as well start Clemens and see if he is our future QB.

It is really that simple. Thank you, Chad. You are a class act and a good man. You gave us some terrific moments. Would love to see you as a QB coach. But it is time to move on.

I love Chad. I was thrilled to see him make an impossible comeback last year against all odds. With an off season to rest and get stronger, I was expecting big things from him this year. And although I have liked Clemen's potential since I saw him in college, I believed this was still Chad's team and they could go far. Obviously, the Jets have a lot of problems and their 1 - 4 record is hardly all Chad's fault.

But ... you have to be truly blind to watch Chad this year and not see that he has lost what little arm strength he had. I don't know why. All I know is what I see. And it is the same thing that every defensive back in the league sees. Opposing defenses will continue to stack the LOS against the run and defensive backs will play tight man-to-man and look to jump routes whenever they can. It is over for Chad. Done. With all of their problems and the way the Pats are playing, the season is over for the Jets. Might as well start Clemens and see if he is our future QB.

It is really that simple. Thank you, Chad. You are a class act and a good man. You gave us some terrific moments. Would love to see you as a QB coach. But it is time to move on.

Its patchy... a couple of INTs have just been bad throws becuase he threw off his back foot... he has had a few good throws with the same velocity as last year at least too...

Who knows what the heck is going on with that arm... only Chad does...

There sadly are some people that actually HATE Chad Pennington... as sick as it is...

Agreed, I hate it when people (Barton, Smizzy) come out and say F Chad Pennington or go on about how they hate him.

If you think he sucks blame Eric Mangini for playing him, dont blame the guys who you know gives 100% everytime he plays, the guy who has literally put his body on the line for this team.

What do you expect Chad to do????

Pull himself out???

Chad will do everything he can to help this team win, blame Mangini if you dont think thats good enough. The personal attacks people make on him and him alone are ridiculous,not to mention extremely sad.

I really dont agree with that at all. If anything I think the passes have more velocity than last year. He hit some completions over the middle which were fine in terms of velocity.

People who think Arm Strength has been Chads biggest downfall so far this season need to open their eyes.

a bittersweet potw nom

Agreed, I hate it when people (Barton, Smizzy) come out and say F Chad Pennington or go on about how they hate him.

If you think he sucks blame Eric Mangini for playing him, dont blame the guys who you know gives 100% everytime he plays, the guy who has literally put his body on the line for this team.

Pull himself out???

Chad will do everything he can to help this team win, blame Mangini if you dont think thats good enough. The personal attacks people make on him and him alone are ridiculous,not to mention extremely sad.

i agree. its one thing for people to go on about how poor his performance was but for people to go to the extent to actually make a personal attack, then thats just sad. what i find so amusing is the people that hate chad that spend hours on here making personal attacks.
i see that you defend chad, along with myself, and some others, so thats one thing to be on here doing but the people that hate chad that are on here insulting him just makes me think if they even have anything better to do with their time.

Its patchy... a couple of INTs have just been bad throws becuase he threw off his back foot...

That is an extremely important statement. That is what I talk about when it comes to a strong arm. Any NFL QB can throw the ball 50 yards downfield. That is not the measure of arm strength. An NFL QB has to be able to throw with power off his back foot, across his body, without stepping into it, no follow through, on the run, etc. They rarely get to be fully set, wind up, step into it and follow through. When Chad gets this opportunity, he can throw a decent ball. He no longer has the minimum arm strength to succeed as a QB in the NFL.

I really dont agree with that at all. If anything I think the passes have more velocity than last year. He hit some completions over the middle which were fine in terms of velocity.

People who think Arm Strength has been Chads biggest downfall so far this season need to open their eyes.

Wrong. See my previous post on arm strength. Watch those completions over the middle he has made. In each case, he had the time to be fully set, step into and follow through on his throw.

Pull himself out???

Well you know me, that's exactly what I've been doing. As I've said, it is either the playcalling or Chad, there is no other alternative. So either change the QB if that's what you need to do to open up this offense, or open it up with Chad, I really do not care which. What I won't accept however is the status quo. Since it appears they won't open it up with Chad, I'd rather the QB switch because if they pull the same crap with Clemens it will be obvious and no amount of excuses will save this CS from criticism.

Well you know me, that's exactly what I've been doing. As I've said, it is either the playcalling or Chad, there is no other alternative. So either change the QB if that's what you need to do to open up this offense, or open it up with Chad, I really do not care which. What I won't accept however is the status quo. Since it appears they won't open it up with Chad, I'd rather the QB switch because if they pull the same crap with Clemens it will be obvious and no amount of excuses will save this CS from criticism.

I have no problem with people wanting the switch, i respect your opinion, but when Barton and co. start to post crap about how he hopes someone takes a cheap shot at his knees its gone way way too far.

I have no problem with people wanting the switch, i respect your opinion, but when Barton and co. start to post crap about how he hopes someone takes a cheap shot at his knees its gone way way too far.

That is ridiculous. You should never want to see anyone hurt, and certainly not a player on your own team.

That is an extremely important statement. That is what I talk about when it comes to a strong arm. Any NFL QB can throw the ball 50 yards downfield. That is not the measure of arm strength. An NFL QB has to be able to throw with power off his back foot, across his body, without stepping into it, no follow through, on the run, etc. They rarely get to be fully set, wind up, step into it and follow through. When Chad gets this opportunity, he can throw a decent ball. He no longer has the minimum arm strength to succeed as a QB in the NFL.

I think that you can succeed if you can't throw off your back foot, etc., but you have hit on his problem. IMO, the real problem is not knowing his limitations. Thinking that cluster**** he heaved to end the Buffalo game was going to reach the sidelines is a BIG problem. Similar with that joke of a heave into the endzone Sunday.

Archived