Worst Jets Defense I've EVER Seen

SoFlaJets

39 years of watching th Jets and this is the absolute-no-question-about-it WORST defense I've ever seen a Jets team field. These guys are the reason Chad loses his job this week-maybe they're doing it on purpose I don't know...but I never had a doubt that they would NOT be able to stop Cincy in the 2nd half.

You notice DRob and Vilma got benched? I'd like to see Hobson and Barton gone too. One and six

Current Jets I want to see starting on D next year:

Revis

Rhodes

Harris

The front 7 is beyond pitiful, there is no excuse for getting pushed back 5yds perplay and making crap players look good, it just cant happen.

that's the only ones I want too IJ-maybe Pohau

Revis

Rhodes

Harris

The front 7 is beyond pitiful, there is no excuse for getting pushed back 5yds perplay and making crap players look good, it just cant happen.

That is pretty sad, but true. Three players worth keeping. That's like an expansion team. Pathetic.

At some point one would think maybe it isn't all the fault of the personel. Maybe, just maybe, something else is to blame here.

I can't think of anything else that is wrong though. I will leave it to smarter minds then me to figure out.

that's the only ones I want too IJ-maybe Pohau

Pouha???

No, hes not a starting caliber 3-4 NT. That is the most important position, we need a big body that demands double teams. Pouha IMO will not consistentlt do that.

Think he's a decnt backup though, so we should keep him IMO.

Revis

Rhodes

Harris

Coleman hasn't been too bad at DE, we can keep him and draft Chris Long and we'd have an awesome DE duo.

DONT BLAME Vilma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put him in a 4-3 with some guys up front and talk to me.

So he's only good in a 4-3??? Doesnt sound like a great player to me.

great players step up and make plays regardless of the defense.

one thing i will say is a great coach (like belichick) gameplans around the players he has. Thats why Otis Smith did well with him.

DONT BLAME Vilma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put him in a 4-3 with some guys up front and talk to me.

Sorry buddy but he wasn't great in the 4-3 either, he was just overhyped. Getting dragged a few yards before finally bringing down a player has nothing to do with the system. Getting thrown to the ground by RBs has nothing to do with the system. The announcers couldn't tell the difference between Vilma and freaking Hank Poteat, theres no way you're LB should look like a DB.

Revis

Rhodes

Harris

Um, 2 of the three are starting this year, and the other is splitting time. So that really isnt too unrealistic.

These next two offseasons are absolutely crucial for the future of the franchise.

Since all of the Herm/Parcells players contracts will all be running out, Tangini (if they make it into the offseason) must bring in guys of their own that they feel can get this team to the next level.

39 years of watching th Jets and this is the absolute-no-question-about-it WORST defense I've ever seen a Jets team field. These guys are the reason Chad loses his job this week-maybe they're doing it on purpose I don't know...but I never had a doubt that they would NOT be able to stop Cincy in the 2nd half.

You notice DRob and Vilma got benched? I'd like to see Hobson and Barton gone too. One and six

This defense looked similar to alot of the defenses I have seen since 1968 but not the worst by any stretch. They stopped a very high powered offense on several occasions and I thought they got screwed on the penalties they called on Revis. The offense let the momentum slip away by not scoring td's when they should have and then of course the last 7 points was courtesy of Chad's weekly pick six. I watched the Bears comeback against the Eagles today and saw a journeyman QB march down the field with no timeouts and less than 2 minutes on the clock because he had an NFL arm and didn't throw outs the whole time. Put a QB in there that can stretch the field and I bet the defense will also improve.

I agree this is the worse Jet defense I have ever seen. I would fire coach Sutton on Monday morning. Robertson must go at the end of the season, he is the worse noseguard I have ever seen,,he seems to be there just to collect a pay check. and the whole front seven needs to be rebuilt. The Sutton and Brian are clueless when it comes to attacking a team's weaknesses. I thought the turning point of the game was the fumbled snap. Chad must sit down at this point.

Archived