Veterans Day

Thai Jet

Thank you for your service FCXL. Didn't know you were still posting. Are you still stateside or are you serving in another part of the world? Good to hear from you and hope youre doing well.

ps - this is a good time to be away from the Jets - they have their own little war going on and thus far, they're not winning it.

When it comes to the Jets war it seems like a civil war indeed! :cheers:

to the history teacher or anyone else trying to fight apathy in america... convince them to go see Lions for Lambs. Then get those tools to go read Starship troopers (ignore the crappy movie; it used to be required reading at west point and its on the marine commandants recommended list). The book is probably the one factor that played the most pivotal role in me joining, even more than both my parents having served. The movie suprisingly isnt army bashing, in fact its almost the exact opposite.

Thanks for your service- I saw Lions for Lambs yesterday- a good movie to get people involved and thinking about what is going on in this country.

to the history teacher or anyone else trying to fight apathy in america... convince them to go see Lions for Lambs.

Thank you for the recommendation. And thanks for your service.

Getting some of these students to read or watch something educational is tough though. Unless it has to do with video games, cell phones, myspace, or their favorite music groups, it can be like pulling teeth to get them (not all, but some) to learn about things this important.

because of language training im still not mos qualified... after training here in tx im going to meade. I'm goin to try to go air assault and get my ass down range though.

Air assault brings music to my ears. Of course, that was many years ago...I was Air Assualt with the Screaming Eagles...former LRRP, grandfathered in as an Army Ranger...long story, but that's how we did it back in the Nam days.

Best of luck and God speed.

Archived