Veterans Day

Thai Jet

Thanks to-

AirForceJetFan

NightStalker

PFSIKH

GOB

For keeping the world safe.

If I've forgotten anyone, please list them in this thread.

Vinny is being deployed soon. NJ's daughter is serving in Iraq right now! Thanks and God Bless.

I'll never forget this for as long as I live. I have a razor sharp memory, especially when it has emotional impact. An artist thing, who knows. When I was a kid in Queens, our neighbors across the street, the Petrocelli's, lost their son in Vietnam. Only body parts came home. It was 1968, and although I was only four, I remember it in detail. So we went over there, and his Grandmother had this shrine action going on. His medals, his military photo, candles, Saint placards. All she kept saying was, "No, no, no." My Dad hugged her and said, "We can never thank God enough."

Thanks to everyone that helps keep this country safe. Especially those who post or have posted on this board.

Screw those jackasses. Thanks to those who aren't wasting time posting on this board, and actually keeping this country safe.:headbang:

And back at you my friend!

namxh5.jpg

This was used in the Cav.

Halfway down the trail to hell

In a shady meadow green,

Are the souls of all dead troopers camped

Near a good old-time canteen

And this eternal resting place

Is known as Fiddler

Thank you to our vets, and those who currently serve.

On a side note, I had my 2 history classes fill out thank you notes to send to the Veteran's Hospital in Durham. Most of my students thought it was a great idea, but I actually had a few knuckleheads who said they could not have cared less. I was infuriated.

It is sad nowadays that some (not all) of the younger generation just do not care. They will never be concerned with anything other than what is going on right in front of them. I still required they send a thank you note, because without the sacrifices of so many we would not have the freedoms and luxuries we are used to today.

As long as they have their internet, their cell phones, their ipods, and their friends, alot of these kids do not worry about things that are in the big picture.

Hopefully this small exercise will change their minds.

image.php?u=829&dateline=1194218501

I read "Lone Survivor" in the spring. You can disagree with the policy and the war. And if you read it, you may as I did think the people who sent Michael Murphy and his brave heroic team on that mission need to be called to account.

Still, you must honor their service. Someone's got to man that wall. We're blessed with enough wonderful men and women who take up that thankless task as did Murphy and his team . God bless them. May them and all our armed forces someday soon be blessed with a country that doesn't take them for granted and a leadership worthy of their respect.

Thank you.

God bless you.

Rest in peace.

I am proud to be an American and I want to say Thank you to everyone who has served this GREAT country.

My grandfather served in WWII in the Navy,My uncle in Vietnam in the Army and my cousin in Iraq. My family loves this country and I am proud of them.

:beer: Cheers to all our fallen soldiers who gave their life to protect ours and those who never came home. You are not forgotten.

to the history teacher or anyone else trying to fight apathy in america... convince them to go see Lions for Lambs. Then get those tools to go read Starship troopers (ignore the crappy movie; it used to be required reading at west point and its on the marine commandants recommended list). The book is probably the one factor that played the most pivotal role in me joining, even more than both my parents having served. The movie suprisingly isnt army bashing, in fact its almost the exact opposite.

to the history teacher or anyone else trying to fight apathy in america... convince them to go see Lions for Lambs. Then get those tools to go read Starship troopers (ignore the crappy movie; it used to be required reading at west point and its on the marine commandants recommended list). The book is probably the one factor that played the most pivotal role in me joining, even more than both my parents having served. The movie suprisingly isnt army bashing, in fact its almost the exact opposite.

Thank you for your service FCXL. Didn't know you were still posting. Are you still stateside or are you serving in another part of the world? Good to hear from you and hope youre doing well.

ps - this is a good time to be away from the Jets - they have their own little war going on and thus far, they're not winning it.

Archived