A big thank you

4HCrew

True, an even better question is how many of you wish you didn't leave at half time or in the 3rd or 4th quarter and miss all the fun in over time?

But you don't understand, there's a lot of traffic, waahhhh, there are other commitments, waahhhh, my wife and kids miss me, waahhh, Ill turn into a pumpkin if I don't get home before 8 p.m. waahh, the Jets lose too much, waahhh, there are girls flashing their boobies, waahhh, I'll be late for dinner, waahh, waahhh, waahhh, waahhh, waahhh

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love how morales and family values get into this discussion...they will only apply to Jets fans because this problem does not happen in real football markets

I agree there is an issue about Jets fans walking into that stadium late for the game and coming back from the spirals at halftim, but you have to be kidding me if you think that all other teams have full stadiums of fans when their team is 1-8.

Question away oh great know-it-all. I have had season tickets for 24 years, gotten married and raised two kids in the process. I have been to soccer games, basketball games, dances, gymnastics, you name it. They take place on Saturday and Sunday in the spring and fall and Jets games take place 8 Sundays per year. Many, many people take their kids to the Jets games as I have for the past 9 years, there's a novel thought on parenting huh? There is plenty of time to be good parent and judging by your post, you obviously have no experience with this subject. So you are basically saying that 40,000 Jets fans had a Little Game to go on Sunday and that's why they sold their tickets. You are clearly ignorant on the subject of both parenting and the Jets fan base.

If they take place in the fall, it would mean you missed a game or two... If you never missed a game in 24 years and one of your kids events did fall on the same Sunday, it means you didn't go to your kids event or to the Jets game... You can't have it both ways.

Hows that for a noble idea. If your kid plays at 1pm and your at a Jets game at 1pm, it means you ain't at their game regardless of how you want to spin it.

Don't try to rationalize the BS...... You condemn fans for not going, you brag about going for 24 straight years, then you claim you go to all your kids events even if it happens to occur during the fall.

Sorry but the Jets play in the Fall. And don't give me that crap that they never fell on the same day. Like I said, some people have other priorities in life...

There are quite a few fans who seem to have 5 or 6 season tickets yet only use 1 or 2... Maybe you should go speak to those season ticket holders who plan to sell the other 4 or 5 tickets to make a profit. When you only use 1 or 2 per game and purchase 6, it means you aren't doing it cause your a fan, your doing it cause your greedy and trying to make a buck. Stop with the bullcrap explanations.

A real fan doesn't mean your a moron who spends money regardless of the product on the field. It doesn't mean you get pissed off cause you were stupid enough to purchase 6 other season tickets and nobody wanted to buy them off you.

I guess you would keep claiming your local restaurant is great even if you got food poisoning from them. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to make the owner richer.

Who cares who goes to games or not. Last time I checked, most of the people who sold their tickets, were Season Ticket holders like you.

It just means maybe some Jets fans have a life...... If you have season tickets and didn't go, that's one thing. But if you only make it to a couple of games a year, who is to say there aren't other things in peoples lives that are more important.

All I know is that if a person has been going to every game for 20+ years, I'd assume they never had kids, never had kids that played sports, or just weren't a very good parent...... Cause Sunday is also known as the day a lot of kids play their football games...... If a Jets fan chooses to go to their kids game and watch the Jets game on some small tv or listen to it on the radio, who are you to say they are a bad fan?

In all honesty, if you were a parent, I'd be questioning what kind of parent you really were.

I've been to opening day, and no game since, because of Pop Warner football and CYO basketball. But since CYO is like 15 games, I'm going to both the Browns and the Chiefs games, and I'm going to Miami.

Let's also note-if the Jets were competitive for a playoff spot, nobody is selling these tickets. I'd note just a few weeks ago, the Cowboys came to the Meadowlands to play the Giants,a nd the broadcast sounded like it was form Dallas. No one says anything about those geriatrics selling their tickets,a dn theya re still in the playoff hunt. And in an a age of stubhub. selling your tickets has never been easier. But Giants fans are real fans, and we're a bunch of losers. RIght!

Also, The Jets and the NJSEA could make the game more of a drive-up experience-easy parking, easy highway access. Instead, they're building ANOTHER MALL next to the Meadowlands, along with a new stadium. We're tailgate because we don't really have much choice. When they played at Shea you could leave your house at 11:30 for a 1PM game. No more.

If they take place in the fall, it would mean you missed a game or two... If you never missed a game in 24 years and one of your kids events did fall on the same Sunday, it means you didn't go to your kids event or to the Jets game... You can't have it both ways.

Hows that for a noble idea. If your kid plays at 1pm and your at a Jets game at 1pm, it means you ain't at their game regardless of how you want to spin it.

Don't try to rationalize the BS...... You condemn fans for not going, you brag about going for 24 straight years, then you claim you go to all your kids events even if it happens to occur during the fall.

Sorry but the Jets play in the Fall. And don't give me that crap that they never fell on the same day. Like I said, some people have other priorities in life...

There are quite a few fans who seem to have 5 or 6 season tickets yet only use 1 or 2... Maybe you should go speak to those season ticket holders who plan to sell the other 4 or 5 tickets to make a profit. When you only use 1 or 2 per game and purchase 6, it means you aren't doing it cause your a fan, your doing it cause your greedy and trying to make a buck. Stop with the bullcrap explanations.

A real fan doesn't mean your a moron who spends money regardless of the product on the field. It doesn't mean you get pissed off cause you were stupid enough to purchase 6 other season tickets and nobody wanted to buy them off you.

I guess you would keep claiming your local restaurant is great even if you got food poisoning from them. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to make the owner richer.

Who cares who goes to games or not. Last time I checked, most of the people who sold their tickets, were Season Ticket holders like you.

Maybe you need to brush up on your reading comprehension. I said that I have had tickets for 24 years, not that I have never missed a game in all that time. I have missed games for personal reasons and for business reasons, but not too many. I have a feeling that you don't have kids, so don't tell me what a parent should or should not do. Anyone on this board who has seen me either at a home game or on a road trip can tell you that I have always had my son at my side. When you have a kid, come back and then you can have an educated debate on the subject.

As far as the tickets go, you also need to be more informed. You can't pick and choose which seasons you buy tickets for. Once you are in, you are in come hell or high water, winning or losing. It's not about putting money in the owners pocket, it's about cheering for you r team, no matter what happens. Those that dump all of their tickets because their team is losing are fair weather fans, no two ways about it. Some people sell their tickets becauase they can't make it to the game and there is nothing wrong with that. I would hope that they sell them to other Jets fans. When you mention people that buy six tickets to sell, you have to be talking about very few people, because I would think that most season ticket holders would just want to see their team play. If they buy tickets just to sell then they are scalpers, not fans. Either way, Sunday was a disgrace and I see no justification for selling tickets to the Steelers fans. If the Jets are 8-2 at this point next year, all of the "faithful" fans will be clamoring for tickets to see the winning product, but as far as I am concerned they can all go Eff themselves since they are truly fair weather fans.

Archived