sox

Brenjetsfan

are getting CREAMED

you know what happened last time they got shut out right? Yup...they tore up everything in sight and reclaimed their rightful spot atop the AL East.

And considering the fact that tonight's shutout was a much more feeble effort than the last shutout...I certainly think RSN is owed another spirited bout of @ss-kicking by the Boston Lumber Co!

you know what happened last time they got shut out right? Yup...they tore up everything in sight and reclaimed their rightful spot atop the AL East.

And considering the fact that tonight's shutout was a much more feeble effort than the last shutout...I certainly think RSN is owed another spirited bout of @ss-kicking by the Boston Lumber Co!

Yeah, but you're running into a damn hot team, in Cleveland. Don't be suprised if the Indians do major damage... like a sweep.

More proof the AL Central is the best division in the majors. Obviously the best in the AL.

Yeah, but you're running into a damn hot team, in Cleveland. Don't be suprised if the Indians do major damage... like a sweep.

More proof the AL Central is the best division in the majors. Obviously the best in the AL.

If you only counted the top 4 teams in each division, sure, but you just can't do that. The Royals are just weighing the AL Central down too much to claim the # 1 spot, which still quite clearly belongs to the NL East.

1) NL East

2) AL Central

3) AL East

4) NL West

5) AL West

6) NL Central

If you only counted the top 4 teams in each division, sure, but you just can't do that. The Royals are just weighing the AL Central down too much to claim the # 1 spot, which still quite clearly belongs to the NL East.

1) NL East

2) AL Central

3) AL East

4) NL West

5) AL West

6) NL Central

The NL central is going to have the Wild card spot too... the Cubs'll win it.

And the AL Central's top four can take the NL East's top four... with great ease.

The Royals will do damage too... they're just stuck in the best division in baseball.

The NL central is going to have the Wild card spot too... the Cubs'll win it.

And the AL Central's top four can take the NL East's top four... with great ease.

The Royals will do damage too... they're just stuck in the best division in baseball.

Having 2 playoff teams in the same division doesn't necesarilly give it the edge over one that doesn't. The NL Central has a 2-horse race, but the other 4 teams are absolutely disgraceful.

Having 2 playoff teams in the same division doesn't necesarilly give it the edge over one that doesn't. The NL Central has a 2-horse race, but the other 4 teams are absolutely disgraceful.

Yeah, but for all the bluster of having the best division, you'd think they'd have two teams in the playoffs. Like the AL Central is going to have.

Why is everyone (and by everyone I mean not just folks at JN, but the entire sports media) so adamant that the WC comes out of the AL Central? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that division the one with Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota, KC and Chicago?

Since when did these teams have monster offseasons and put together rosters capable of marching to the playoffs? Even when looking at current standings their records are not head and shoulders above the rest of the league (ChiSox aside). I can see Minnesota and the ChiSox duking it out for the Division, but the East is still the Division to beat in terms of record and getting the WC. And don't rule out the west where the Angels and Rangers are no slouches and you just KNOW the A's will go on their usual tear after the All-Star Break.

Don't believe the hype. The media is saying this to generate buzz and interest in the game during a time when HRs are down and we don't have Barry Bonds.

Why is everyone (and by everyone I mean not just folks at JN, but the entire sports media) so adamant that the WC comes out of the AL Central? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that division the one with Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota, KC and Chicago?

Since when did these teams have monster offseasons and put together rosters capable of marching to the playoffs? Even when looking at current standings their records are not head and shoulders above the rest of the league (ChiSox aside). I can see Minnesota and the ChiSox duking it out for the Division, but the East is still the Division to beat in terms of record and getting the WC. And don't rule out the west where the Angels and Rangers are no slouches and you just KNOW the A's will go on their usual tear after the All-Star Break.

Don't believe the hype. The media is saying this to generate buzz and interest in the game during a time when HRs are down and we don't have Barry Bonds.

oops...sorry about the double post

SJ, I think they assume the WC wont come out of the East because there are 3 (maybe 4) good teams this year as opposed to 2 really good teams like every other year. But I have always doubted that premise since day one like you. Obviouly, the Chisox are a good team, but Minne-haha is not as good as they have been in recent and the other 3 are a collective joke. Indians, Tigers? Give me a break...just because they arent bottom feeders doesnt mean they are playoff contenders. The West is the only real WC threat with Texas and LAA, but the West used to be the only other WC threat when they had 3 good teams as opposed to just 2 like this year.

Red Sox, Anaheim, and Chisox will probably roll on from here into the playoffs...but I wouldnt count either the Orioles or the Yankees out of anything if I were a fan of one of the lesser baseball cites (read: not Boston or NY) Both AL East teams have much better lineups than anyone in the Central and I have to say Texas is the only comparable lineup from the West to BAL and NYY.

SJ, I think they assume the WC wont come out of the East because there are 3 (maybe 4) good teams this year as opposed to 2 really good teams like every other year. But I have always doubted that premise since day one like you. Obviouly, the Chisox are a good team, but Minne-haha is not as good as they have been in recent and the other 3 are a collective joke. Indians, Tigers? Give me a break...just because they arent bottom feeders doesnt mean they are playoff contenders. The West is the only real WC threat with Texas and LAA, but the West used to be the only other WC threat when they had 3 good teams as opposed to just 2 like this year.

Red Sox, Anaheim, and Chisox will probably roll on from here into the playoffs...but I wouldnt count either the Orioles or the Yankees out of anything if I were a fan of one of the lesser baseball cites (read: not Boston or NY) Both AL East teams have much better lineups than anyone in the Central and I have to say Texas is the only comparable lineup from the West to BAL and NYY.

Alot of people are going with Minnesota simply because the have the easier schedule of the wild card contenders.

While the Yanks, Orioles, Sox and Toronto (If you believe in Toronto) are beating on each other the Twins really only have to deal with the White Sox and the Indians (If you believe in the Indians and or the Tigers).

Don't forget about a team like Texas either. Although is will be interesting to see how they respond after going from just 1 1/2 behind the Angels to 7 1/2 back in the span of one week.

Ouch... no love for the Central.

Well, it's not media hype. It's in the numbers. The Indians have been one of the best teams since the begining of May. The Tigers are (or were, last I checked) top five in the AL in pitching. Minnesota always seems to win. The White Sox are running away with everything. The Central has been down, no doubt. But, did you think theat the teams weren't rebuilding? This was the year that the Indians were supposed to return to being a damn good team. Tribe in 05. Minnesota still is a damn good team. They still have the best pitcher in the majors. The White Sox have been playing outstanding ball. The Tigers, while being inconsistant with the bats, are near the tops in Quality starts, ERA, and have one of the top bullpens in the majors. It's not hype. It's the truth.

Archived