Mets trade away Lastings Milledge

timbok

this is huge for the nationals. they still have a low payroll but are openning a new stadium this season and need to get good quick or they will lose the fans. milledge is a pretty good young piece of the puzzle and he will get 500+ ab's in DC to develop.

nick johnson

milledge

zimmerman

willy mo

austin kearns

not a bad team right now. they pitching is all in the minors and still about 2-3 years away, but this team will be contending every year around 2010.

Not worth the contract....you can get plenty of sub .500 pitchers for 126 million. Besides, the deal was never just Milledge for Zito....you'll find that out if you lose out on Johan due to Hank's mouth and see Beane's Haren price tag.

go check out Zito's career record, sub.500 my ass

Church is going to be a good player too. Considering how big of an ass Milledge is, I don't think its a bad trade. Thats not to say they couldn't have gotten a better one though.

The more I look at this trade the more I like it. As Jetsfan 80 pointed out Milledge was a bit of a locker room cancer . The Mets finally have a catcher now that can throw someone out.

As a passing Nats fan, I have to wonder what they're thinking right now. First Milledge, not that loon/punk from the D.Rays?

Are they building an outfield, or a a psych ward?

the nats are building and amazing crop of young talent. milledge will get 500+ abs this season and should become a much better player. at a minimum the nats should be able to inflate his trade value and get more in return a couple years from now.

Archived