Broncos release Sam Adams

Alk

Broncos | Team releases Adams

Tue, 4 Dec 2007 14:58:09 -0800

The Denver Broncos announced they have released DL Sam Adams Tuesday, Dec. 4.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Patriots bring him in to spell Wilfork from time to time.

SIGN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we're supposed to say this every time someone gets released, right?????

not sure if we're SUPPOSED to say it or not but one thing is for sure somebody on a Jets board will always make a thread about any released player SAYING we should sign him

if a run defense that can't stop justin fargas from going over 140 in a game releases its NT, he's probably past his prime. I'm pretty happy with our run D at present, no need to sign a has been.

I'm not happy with the rush d at all. They gave up 175 rushing yards to the Cowboys two games ago, and 295 rushing yards to the Skins three games ago.

Shutting down the Dolfags is no great accomplishment- they have no one to run the ball, which is why i think they will draft Mcfadden.

But I'm not saying Adams should be signed- I do think they should have taken a flyer on Grady Anderson, though.

I'm not happy with the rush d at all. They gave up 175 rushing yards to the Cowboys two games ago, and 295 rushing yards to the Skins three games ago.

Shutting down the Dolfags is no great accomplishment- they have no one to run the ball, which is why i think they will draft Mcfadden.

But I'm not saying Adams should be signed- I do think they should have taken a flyer on Grady Anderson, though.

I agree with the Grady Jackson comment (assuming that's you meant), but they did a great job against the steelers running attack. Parker is second in the league in yards, so that's no small feet. Ever since they started playing ellis at OLBer in running situations, and getting bowens more involved, things have looked better.

I don't see Adams helping any team with anything if he is cut by the broncos.

We should be able to get through the year with what we have, and with the competition we have left. It would be nice to grab a nice sized DT in the 3rd or 4th to replace, or at least push Poah (spell?).

the NY Jets NEVER ever ever sign these big fat guys (the Pat Williams', Grady Jacksons and Sam Adams of the NFL world) that would definitely help in the 3/4 at the nose-why I don't know but every time one has gotten released or became available through free agency we all just sit at our computers scratching our heads wondering why not? Why friggin NOT try them out.

the NY Jets NEVER ever ever sign these big fat guys (the Pat Williams', Grady Jacksons and Sam Adams of the NFL world) that would definitely help in the 3/4 at the nose-why I don't know but every time one has gotten released or became available through free agency we all just sit at our computers scratching our heads wondering why not? Why friggin NOT try them out.

On the bright side of that, a lot of people here were clammering to get porter which would have been a mistake, same with Nate Clemens. Sure would have been nice to see Jackson or A Thomas in green though.

The gamble doesn't seem too terribly high, although we did get TJ and he sucks nads, him and his salary.

On the bright side of that, a lot of people here were clammering to get porter which would have been a mistake, same with Nate Clemens. Sure would have been nice to see Jackson or A Thomas in green though.

The gamble doesn't seem too terribly high, although we did get TJ and he sucks nads, him and his salary.

Joey Porter got hurt but has been playing good football the last 4-5 weeks-I would have been happy to have him instead of the stiffs like Hobson, Barton and Chatham we're using at LBer-he is a true 3/4 linebacker and Miami is a 4/3 team-would have been a good fit here

The Jets really shoud pursue Adams and bring him in here. However, with the team at 3-9 and eliminated from playoff contention, is there really a need to do so unless you plan to have him as the new 34 NT next season?

The Jets really shoud pursue Adams and bring him in here. However, with the team at 3-9 and eliminated from playoff contention, is there really a need to do so unless you plan to have him as the new 34 NT next season?

Exactly, right now our top priority is the long term whereas signing an ancient player like Adams would surely only help in the short term. He doesn't have much left in him and cannot be considered the future NT of this team.

Denver's run defense was horrible. Worse than ours, believe or not.

I still have no problem giving him a chance, though. Why not?

Why Not???

Why should we give him a shot when we know that he's not the long term solution. If these last 4 games meant something then yes we should give him a shot but right now, there is no point.

Archived