Rookie shows his colors today.....

NIGHT STALKER

Wow, this place really does go heywire after a loss.

No, what's happening is, certain posters can't seem to fault their favorite players even if it means making themselves look ****ing stupid. Revis had a bad game today...period. Maybe he'll make a pick next week and win the game...that's the beauty of being objective with your team.

i posted this on another board and all the delusional freaks beat me down

i dont care if he is a rookie. he should be showing something. the great ones do, even if they are rookies. revis will wind up being another drob: a dencent starter. nothing more than that

You kiddin me man? Revis has shown plenty this year. I didn't watch the game today but he has had a lot of good games this year, including playing great against TO in the Cowboys game.

And it seems he was playing on Braylon Edwards today, who only had 3 catches. Name one cornerback who can shut down Edwards for a whole game.

What I dont understand and ive played cb and safety.How could you defend the pass with your back to the ball????? BALL YOU WR

Where do you play? Most coaches want the db to look at the player and not the ball in man (uomo here). You aren't even supposed to turn your head until the wr moves for the ball. I've mostly played zone safety for years and when I filled in at cb recently the coach kept yelling at me to "Stop peeking at the qb!"

I guess we all have an opinion on what the word "toasted" means...toasted to me means getting beat...nothing to do with yardage or TD's being surrended. And I'm not saying he won't be good in the future or he hasn't had good games in the past. I'm talking about this game and this game only. Problem with some of you guys who latch onto a player, is that player can do no wrong. Thank god I gave up having favorite players years ago.

Revis had a bad game today.

IMO, "toasted" means getting beaten badly. As in not being in the camera shot when the the wr makes the catch. Remember the Space Ghost? Elvis Patterson, I think his alternative nickname was toast. IMO Revis was beaten, but not "toasted" today. Not a good game, but I wouldn't be ranting about him either. In all honesty I was more concerned with the incompletion that bounced off his chest. Not because I'm upset he didn't make the catch, but because he was behind the wr and didn't go for the kill shot He sort of looked lost when the ball popped through.

See, that's the thing jerk, I did win my argument...maybe not in your eyes, but anyone that's played the game knows that when you get beat on plays, you've been toasted. Doesn't make a difference what the yardage is...seriously man, are you that stupid?

You are owned in every thread you post in...like this one for example.

i highly disagree with this. just because you were beat on a play does not mean you were toasted. toasted is being left in the dust. there is a big difference.

No, what's happening is, certain posters can't seem to fault their favorite players even if it means making themselves look ****ing stupid. Revis had a bad game today...period. Maybe he'll make a pick next week and win the game...that's the beauty of being objective with your team.

so, you can have a bad game and not get "toasted" per se.

Even more simply, IMO it means getting burned.

CB gets burned= got toasted= is toast.

it's a temporary condition, it doesnt mean he's a bust.

Thanks JC...that's all I'm trying to convey here. He'll be better...perhaps it was a good thing to get "burned" the way he did yesterday...he just needs to play the ball a little better and not strictly the player.

Toast to me always referred to a long TD play. I reserve it for 40 + yarders. Or the average Patriots TD.

:shutit:

See, we all have different meanings for certain words. When I hear the word "hottie", I think of say, Kelly Ripa. You on the other hand have a couple of mods on your agenda...it's all perception Max, all perception.;)

Revis will hold Randy Moss to 0 TDs,that's right I said it,Mark it down

did you guys see those catches that Edwards made ?? No Cb could have played them any better IMO.Very tuff grabs.I'm happy with Revis and he will only get better.Wes welker will get all the touches against us because Revis will have Randy on lock down.Randy will play decoy in the game vs the Jets.:)

Archived