Tim Kurkjian on ESPN this morning

Barton

He said the Yankees will trade for Juan Encarnacion by the end of the week and then turn around and trade him and prospects to Oakland for Kotsay.

I know Cano and Wang will not be 1 of the prospects, but it definetly better not be Hughes or Duncan.

That would be a big mistake.

He said the Yankees will trade for Juan Encarnacion by the end of the week and then turn around and trade him and prospects to Oakland for Kotsay.

I know Cano and Wang will not be 1 of the prospects, but it definetly better not be Hughes or Duncan.

The trade rumor in Florida as per FAN is Sheff for Encarnacion and AJ Burnett, which the Yanks would do in about as long as it takes to type this. Florida wants to be rid of Encarnacion, who's inconsistent as could be, and can't resign Burnett. Gotta figure they'll hold the Yanks up for some more yong guys.

The trade rumor in Florida as per FAN is Sheff for Encarnacion and AJ Burnett, which the Yanks would do in about as long as it takes to type this. Florida wants to be rid of Encarnacion, who's inconsistent as could be, and can't resign Burnett. Gotta figure they'll hold the Yanks up for some more yong guys.

word, bugg.

This offense is bad enough, getting rid of really, our best hitter would not help...............AJ Burnett rocks tho

word, bugg.

This offense is bad enough, getting rid of really, our best hitter would not help...............AJ Burnett rocks tho

This deal cant happen for a variety of reasons.

1. There's no way Sheffield gets dealt anywhere...unless he fully retracts his selfish/retarded comments yesterday.

2. If you move Sheffield for a CF like Encarnacion...who is gonna play RF? You simply moved your bad defensive outfielder problems from CF to RF

3. Billy Beane isnt going to give you Kotsay without fleecing you for Wang, Cano, or both! Why would he give up on Kotsay? Oh let me guess...just to help the Yankees?

This deal cant happen for a variety of reasons.

1. There's no way Sheffield gets dealt anywhere...unless he fully retracts his selfish/retarded comments yesterday.

2. If you move Sheffield for a CF like Encarnacion...who is gonna play RF? You simply moved your bad defensive outfielder problems from CF to RF

3. Billy Beane isnt going to give you Kotsay without fleecing you for Wang, Cano, or both! Why would he give up on Kotsay? Oh let me guess...just to help the Yankees?

Ya know what I heard

The Yankees were going to trade Sheffield for Cameron AND Cairo, so they could trade Cano and prospects for Kotsay!! But because of Sheffields comments the trade died off (THANK GOD!)

That would have done it for me. I would have thrown in the towell and never watch a Yankee game for the rest of the season. Imagine getting rid of Sheff, Cano and prospects for a .250 career hitter, Cairo and Kotsay!! UGH, that would have S U C K E D!

Ya know what I heard

The Yankees were going to trade Sheffield for Cameron AND Cairo, so they could trade Cano and prospects for Kotsay!! But because of Sheffields comments the trade died off (THANK GOD!)

That would have done it for me. I would have thrown in the towell and never watch a Yankee game for the rest of the season. Imagine getting rid of Sheff, Cano and prospects for a .250 career hitter, Cairo and Kotsay!! UGH, that would have S U C K E D!

If they could sell Sheff on the Marlins, they have to do it. This year is shot, but if you can get an arm like Burnett for an old bastid like Sheff, pay his deferred money now. Sheff was with the marlins for a while anyway. Encarnacion is a a guy who can play the outfield-period. Hey, they're paying his uncle Doc Gooden for something, right?

If they could sell Sheff on the Marlins, they have to do it. This year is shot, but if you can get an arm like Burnett for an old bastid like Sheff, pay his deferred money now. Sheff was with the marlins for a while anyway. Encarnacion is a a guy who can play the outfield-period. Hey, they're paying his uncle Doc Gooden for something, right?

:lol:

Duncan. :lol:

Trade his ass!!!

He's a 3B.

Trade his ass!!!

He's a 3B.

Trade his a$$!!!

He's a 3B.

Like I've said before, that type of thinking has gotten the Yankees into trouble in the first place.

I've got a better idea: trade A-Rod (if anyone will be stupid enough to take him) to make room for Duncan! That would be Moneyball at it's finest.

Trade his a$$!!!

He's a 3B.

Like I've said before, that type of thinking has gotten the Yankees into trouble in the first place.

I've got a better idea: trade A-Rod (if anyone will be stupid enough to take him) to make room for Duncan! That would be Moneyball at it's finest.

Yeah Duncan is like 3 years away. Striking out every 4 at bats or so. Hitting in the low .200's.

Let's trade the AL MVP away to make room for him.

Bad post, even by Met fan standards.

Yeah Duncan is like 3 years away. Striking out every 4 at bats or so. Hitting in the low .200's.

It's about time you realize A-Rod is a curse in itself. Every team he has been on has suffered with him, and celebrate victory after victory without him. Almost as soon as he left Seattle, they win 116 games. As soon as he leaves Texas, they instantly become a contender. As soon as he came to the Yankees, they instantly became Boston's bitch and now are struggling just to keep their heads above water and maintain a .500 record.

MVP my ass. Maybe MVP for every other team in the majors?

Archived