It May be Time to Disown the Jets - by The Gun of Bavaria

Bob

don't make that decision yet JC until after the draft if you can-they may just surprise us

We'll see, SFJ. I had given up going to Florida in March/April to use the vacation time for TC, but I may just take a Spring Break next year instead of roasting on the aluminum benches in August. If i go to Hofstra, i may get ejected for yelling at Mangini to take a lap, lol.

Bob --

That is great that GOB communicates with you. He has chosen to leave here and he hasn't answered any of my numerous attempts to reach him. I am happy for you that he still talks to you.

But there is no reason to start threads like this. It is only going to cause problems. You know this. Thanks also for the kind words about the site. Much appreciated.

Max

The site is fine

There are some big talkers that have recently taken over the site. It is what it is.

But I don't think Bob is taking a shot at you

Pat if you are watching or reading these posts ,you can see for yourself that being a Jets Fan is biggger than just cheering for them .You have so many friends here and it shows,Me on the other hand (not sure :)) but you know you just can't walk away or shut it off ,being a Jet fan will never be that easy and thats how it is.Aside from that your brother is still here posting and you should be to.So put down the dounuts ,put your jersey on and get out there and support your squad no matter what anyone says.

Peace, Love & Hair grease

LIMIKE

The one thing I'm not going to argue is the irony that goes with being a Tigers fan and a Jets fan at the same time. Pat tends to go on rants when our teams perform as inept as the Tigers and Jets have lately. That's his opinion, and I wouldn't go so far as to disown the Jets, but he hasn't been entirely wrong when he says this team hasn't done s*** since SB III. That doesn't mean I won't stop rooting for them.

I'm content in letting Pat defend himself on his own opinions, but I feel the need to step in here. This supposedly is a website where personal attacks are looked down upon heavily and people who participate in them are dealt with. So far in this thread my brother's been called a "fat f**k, "a woman" (by a mod no less) and a "whiny little B****" I find the hypocracy funny. Lots of people who have no problem sitting behind your computers typing this garbage, but those of you who've met my brother during tailgates and JN road trips know damn well you wouldn't have the balls to say this to his face. Last time I read that quote from Bob, GOB said nothing derogatory towards anyone on this board.

Do us all a favor and please grow up. JI turned to absolute s*** because you couldn't get a word in without being called a fa ggot. Such a big f'ing deal has been made about my brother leaving the site and it's laughable. Get over yourselves.

The one thing I'm not going to argue is the irony that goes with being a Tigers fan and a Jets fan at the same time. Pat tends to go on rants when our teams perform as inept as the Tigers and Jets have lately. That's his opinion, and I wouldn't go so far as to disown the Jets, but he hasn't been entirely wrong when he says this team hasn't done s*** since SB III. That doesn't mean I won't stop rooting for them.

I'm content in letting Pat defend himself on his own opinions, but I feel the need to step in here. This supposedly is a website where personal attacks are looked down upon heavily and people who participate in them are dealt with. So far in this thread my brother's been called a "fat f**k, "a woman" (by a mod no less) and a "whiny little B****" I find the hypocracy funny. Lots of people who have no problem sitting behind your computers typing this garbage, but those of you who've met my brother during tailgates and JN road trips know damn well you wouldn't have the balls to say this to his face. Last time I read that quote from Bob, GOB said nothing derogatory towards anyone on this board.

Do us all a favor and please grow up. JI turned to absolute s*** because you couldn't get a word in without being called a fa ggot. Such a big f'ing deal has been made about my brother leaving the site and it's laughable. Get over yourselves.

I think the big stink is because everybody liked the guy

mavrick i was just kidding

a donut joke that is all

That's exactly what I meant when I said I didn't blame him. Excellent post.

Just suprised he left without a goodbye.

You'd think a guy that put so much into the site, would leave on a good note

Rather, there are questions as to why he left. No one really knows why

Dont you just hate those "I'm leaving" posts?

This way, he left the door open to resuming posting one day if he wants to.

He still holds the title for best smackdown for his beatdown of SS. :)

What I love is that a lot of fans (the above included) think that the whole thing is a conspiracy so deep rooted, so built into the Jets DNA that it seems to follow from coach to coach, from owner to owner, from player to player, not matter how much they change or have no relation to each other.

Here are a few facts that will make your life easier:

- Only one of 32 teams wins the Super Bowl each year. That is why it is called the "Super" bowl, not the "Easy" bowl.

- On any given year, it takes a lot of talent, coaching and luck to win the Super Bowl.

- 96.88% of teams DON'T win the Super Bowl every year.

- 47% of teams have NEVER won a Super Bowl

So while it is easy to post away saying that the Jets are perenial losers and never get it done, you lose sight of the fact that it is hard as hell to win one, let alone two or three.

If you can't enjoy the games for the wins and losses and you can't enjoy the seasons for the ups and downs, I would suggest not being a fan of any sport. Better to use your time involved in something that gives you more pleasure.

BZ

Mav --

I agree with what you said. Bob posting this stuff puts me in a bad spot. That is why I ask that we just respect Pat's decision and unless he tells us otherwise, we will assume that he is not interested in a P.R. Firm.

I have nothing but respect for Pat.

I know this thread is closed but I would like to say somehting. I called him a Woman. It's what we. The mods call other mods names. I have been friends with Pat since JI. I love your brother. He chooses not to be here for whatever reason.

When I talked to pat he didn't mention JN being the problem...he said he had other things going on and needed to focus his attention there and he lost his desire to root for this team. He never mentioned JN being the source of his problems.

So spare me the " he left because of a few outspoken members on JN" garbage. He has a life and is living it and I honestly believe he will come back when he is ready to.

Pat...Where ever you are...I hope your enjoying life,My friend.

Archived