question about the long pass to moss

joewilly

anyone else see the hold on elam tryin to get at brady prior to the long throw to moss? It was real obvious. anyone who taped the game please rewatch it & see for yourselves.

my question: pats declined the interference penalty on our guy. If we threw the red flag cause the nose of the football clearly hit the ground & it was overturned, can they reinstate the penalty or does it remain declined.

thanks

that's a damn good question, and i am going to leave it at that.

About the moss PI, that was really disheartening for the jets, and all of their fans. He gets away with it every week, but to see rhodes play it just how you would want, and to then get penalized for it, must have been an awful feeling for him.

I didn't notice the elam hold, but i don't doubt it. i really do believe the refs were told to send more than the fair share of breaks toward NE.

Very disheartening.

I don't think the refs intentially missed any calls or were instructed to do so, but that hold was clearly missed. Elam had a bead on brady but had no chance when he made his break on brady as the huge tackle had him held with 2 hands not 1. Just as Brady stepped up, elam moved off his blocker and had him beat. the hold negated him from swattin bradys arm at the very least. I was screamin at the tv.

I don't think the refs intentially missed any calls or were instructed to do so, but that hold was clearly missed. Elam had a bead on brady but had no chance when he made his break on brady as the huge tackle had him held with 2 hands not 1. Just as Brady stepped up, elam moved off his blocker and had him beat. the hold negated him from swattin bradys arm at the very least. I was screamin at the tv.

ummmmmm JW

this is where the fix is in, the pats nevah get called for holding,

it has become the biggest mockery in the NFL

drob was held at least 2 times...

ummmmmm JW

yeah I do remember 1 drob hold for sure. The nonholding call cost us 50 or so yds on elam.

I'm still tryin to figure out why the red flag wasn't thrown on the moss toss though. Maybe it would have reverted to the penalty but I just don't know what happens in that situation

ummmmmm JW

More than that ,There was one were he broke threw the line and beat the guy so bad that the guy had held on to the back of his jersey and was not called.Those Pat Fans owe those refs a nice christmas present.

yeah I do remember 1 drob hold for sure. The nonholding call cost us 50 or so yds on elam.

I'm still tryin to figure out why the red flag wasn't thrown on the moss toss though. Maybe it would have reverted to the penalty but I just don't know what happens in that situation

reverted to penalty which was a terrible call

sorry JW, but it didn't only cost us 50 yards. That could have costed us the entire game, it made it two scores at that point, we could have played the ensuing drives completely different had it been one score.

sorry JW, but it didn't only cost us 50 yards. That could have costed us the entire game, it made it two scores at that point, we could have played the ensuing drives completely different had it been one score.

I hear ya drago but i'm not gonna get into a coulda shoulda woulda. we lost. I'm of the opinion if the refs called a perfect game we still woulda lost

I hear ya drago but i'm not gonna get into a coulda shoulda woulda. we lost. I'm of the opinion if the refs called a perfect game we still woulda lost

more than likely you are right. i always tell the guys i coach to take credit for your wins and your losses, the refs never put the ball in the goal. It's just hard to sit back and watch your team get poor calls on a consistant basis.

i concur

the ben graham punt block was the ballgame IMO

that was a real dagger. I never really felt like we had a chance thruought the duration of the game.

i've lost a lot of confidence in this coaching staff, and don't feel that we are even 5 players away from being a good team.

that was a real dagger. I never really felt like we had a chance thruought the duration of the game.

i've lost a lot of confidence in this coaching staff, and don't feel that we are even 5 players away from being a good team.

i thought you liked EM??

this has been a year in hell and living in Vermont, with all these ma$$hole

pat fans makes it harda

I do hear they will increase the hunting limit to 2 patsfan starting in 2008

i thought you liked EM??

this has been a year in hell and living in Vermont, with all these ma$$hole

pat fans makes it harda

I do hear they will increase the hunting limit to 2 patsfan starting in 2008

I do like em & don't think we should fire him by any stretch. I didn't think we had the players last year & thought the coaching staff was all the difference in us winning 10 games last year.

This year we still aren't close to having the players needed and the coaching seems to be much worse.

the kendall deal was bad not because of losing pete, but because of no replacement strategy in place. I do like the direction that the last 2 drafts has taken us. I'll reserve judgement til next season but don't have near the confidence that we're moving forward that I did last year.

I do like em & don't think we should fire him by any stretch. I didn't think we had the players last year & thought the coaching staff was all the difference in us winning 10 games last year.

This year we still aren't close to having the players needed and the coaching seems to be much worse.

the kendall deal was bad not because of losing pete, but because of no replacement strategy in place. I do like the direction that the last 2 drafts has taken us. I'll reserve judgement til next season but don't have near the confidence that we're moving forward that I did last year.

yep.. he has 1 more year to right ship

sadly it is important we lose to hermie picking 3rd every round is real

important right now

All I can say is this;

there a big discrepancy between the calls an undefeated team gets (and DOESN'T get) and ones that teams having the kind of year like we are having gets...I saw numerous holds on Jets defenders yesterday that went unnoticed-even that hit and drive into the turf on Clemens-think Eric Barton last year in Jacksonville

yep.. he has 1 more year to right ship

sadly it is important we lose to hermie picking 3rd every round is real

important right now

I'm not following the draft prospects close enough at present but I refuse to wish us a loss against the chiefs. I think the win will do the jets better than the draft position

I'm not following the draft prospects close enough at present but I refuse to wish us a loss against the chiefs. I think the win will do the jets better than the draft position

we could lose 5 slots per round and with our pitiful squad we need the help

throw hermie a bone this year

we could lose 5 slots per round and with our pitiful squad we need the help

throw hermie a bone this year

if a penny/coles deal is worked out with KC, i imagine there will be some flip-flopping of our picks. All told, the players are so talented at the beginings of draft, a few draft slots in the wrong direction may actually help you, in terms of dollars saved.

draft is such a crap shoot. we really need to beat herm.

if a penny/coles deal is worked out with KC, i imagine there will be some flip-flopping of our picks. All told, the players are so talented at the beginings of draft, a few draft slots in the wrong direction may actually help you, in terms of dollars saved.

draft is such a crap shoot. we really need to beat herm.

you have to assume our FO knows what they are doing, moving from 3rd to 7th would suck!!!!!!!!!

you have to assume our FO knows what they are doing, moving from 3rd to 7th would suck!!!!!!!!!

i'm still not on board with it even if it is 4 slots. I'll take a win & then take my chances in the draft since my hope is an ol anyway. is there a joe thomas clone available that I don't know about?

I love how Seymour didnt get a penality for pile driving Clemens into the ground. You know if we did that to Brady there would be a f'ing 50 yard penalty.

clemens got sacked and if you actually watch any pats games you would see that brady actually gets hit with a cheap shot many times where the refs never call anything

clemens got sacked and if you actually watch any pats games you would see that brady actually gets hit with a cheap shot many times where the refs never call anything

???????????????????? its pretty rare in the nfl these days to get away with a cheap shot at any q'back.

btw you still a nugent fan? :mrgreen:

Clemens got sacked??? No he didnt. He threw the ball while getting hit and then got pile drived to the ground by that POS seymour.

Clemens got sacked??? No he didnt. He threw the ball while getting hit and then got pile drived to the ground by that POS seymour.

He is a dirty POS, and I've been on that train for a long while.

I did notice that on a couple of hits on CP, one or more by Seau, that the defender actually tried not to bury/injure CP. But there's no doubt, RS tried to hurt KC on that sack, and he should have been flagged for it, which also would have nullified the int and TD.

he was definately sacked. just because it was by a pat doesnt mean he wasnt. ive seen brady and peyton manning both take shots like that and it was never an issue.

i love nugent, im his fan and i'll stay his fan. if that dip**** who calls himself a wr makes that touchdown catch yesterday nugent wouldnt have even been out there for that field goal attempt

but nugent was out there & his missed kick dashed any hopes we had. Graham continues to disappoint as well. It was a bad day from our guys who get paid to use their feet.

but nugent was out there & his missed kick dashed any hopes we had. Graham continues to disappoint as well. It was a bad day from our guys who get paid to use their feet.

he didnt have to be out there to begin with. get a real wr and they end up with 7 points. that ball should have been caught and jmac's playing was miserable all day so to put the blame on nugent for a missed field goal is crazy

Archived