Warfish's Weekly Words on Wonderful Whatnots......

Warfish

Hello all, how goes it here on the freindly confines of Jet Nation? I hope all are well. :D

A few things I feel the need to say:

The new War of the Worlds flick.....is a winner. Good solid entertainment, even at full movie theatre prices. Special effects, story, acting....it was a coplete package of entertainfun. If you don;t like Sci Fi, skip it, but it's a good one IMO.

The new System of a Down CD......is a winner. Some damn good tunage in my humble, but pretty music knowledgeable, opinion. The chorus to Sweet Revenge is especially good, as if the first single. And SOAD touring with the Mars Volta....what a combo of "on the edge pregressive" acts, a must see.

Pink Floyd Reunion......actually brought a tear to my eyes. Call me what you will, but it was, even with the absolutely sh*tty MTV coverage, a moment I will always remember and cherish. Thank Rog, thanks Dave, thanks Nick, thanks Rick.

The Washington Nationals.....N...A...T...S...NATS!! NATS!! NATS!! Is it real, or have I died and gone to a Kevin Costner baseball movie? If you relocate them, they will come?? 50 wins before the break, solid 30k+ attendance, winning with half the roster on the DL, and a group of players most thought would be looking at 20 wins by this point. Wow. That's all I can say....wow.

1) I really really really really want to see WOTW, but I keep reading that it sucks. After seeing the sh*t-ass Batman flick, I wasn't ready to be disappointed again, but if you're saying it's OK, I might check it out. I'd take an OK action flick at this point.

2) SOAD is such a hit and miss band. I keep hearinggood things about the new album, so I'll have to pick it up. Their videos are probably the best in the business right now.

3) Crazy that the Nats are ready to play as fast as they are. You have to wonder if they're doing it with smoke and mirrors, because no one on that team is really playing or pitching like a superstar. Kudos to Frank Robinson, though.

1) I really really really really want to see WOTW, but I keep reading that it sucks. After seeing the Sh#t-a$$ Batman flick, I wasn't ready to be disappointed again, but if you're saying it's OK, I might check it out. I'd take an OK action flick at this point.

2) SOAD is such a hit and miss band. I keep hearinggood things about the new album, so I'll have to pick it up. Their videos are probably the best in the business right now.

3) Crazy that the Nats are ready to play as fast as they are. You have to wonder if they're doing it with smoke and mirrors, because no one on that team is really playing or pitching like a superstar. Kudos to Frank Robinson, though.

1) the only way to describe WOTW is movie spectacle. i would definitely recommend this movie, just know what you are getting. the closest thing i can compare it to is black hawk down except with aliens and more suspense/effects.

3) the nationals are everything you can ask for in a team. 20-6 in june and most of those games were by 1 run - cordero had 15 saves. a bunch of JAG's w/a 5 game lead on July 4 is pretty amazing.

I think that Green Day may be wrestling the Best band in the world crown finally from the heads of U2-Pink Floyd WAS great and the Who and McCartney were nothing special.If I have to hear "na na na na na na na na Hey Jude" or We Won't Get Fooled Again"once more...

The Nationals area great success story- people might forget they are on a limited budget and being run by major league baseball- they are proving you do not have to spend for overpriced free agents at every position and win.

Frank Robinson and GM Bowden deserve so much credit for what they have done for that team

I've been a huge SOAD fan for about 5 years and I have to agree on this album being pretty damn good. The only problem I have is the brievity of the album. Then again I think it's that short because they'll be releasing another album in a few months.

BTW my favorite album is the first one. Nothing like jamming out to that disc.

I didn't know the WOTW story, just kinda knew the concept. Good action, special effects.

Lame as sh** in some places, funny in others.

I was entertained, so to me that's the important part.

The Mars Volta are worth checking out. There is content here.

The Nationals are making a believer out of me.

Great story.

cheers,

d

1) I really really really really want to see WOTW, but I keep reading that it sucks. After seeing the Sh#t-a$$ Batman flick, I wasn't ready to be disappointed again, but if you're saying it's OK, I might check it out. I'd take an OK action flick at this point.

Call me a big kid TS, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Fantastic Four. I watched that cartoon religiously as a kid and the special effects from the previews look awesome!!! It' opens on July 8th down here.

Archived