Offseason starts in house....

NY JETS 29

With giving Kerry Rhodes and extension and locking him up. #1 priority in my eyes

that should NOT be the #1 priority...that's what the Jets ALWAYS do and it hasn't motivated this team and these mediocre players to perform any better...do what Belichick does-keep them mad-franchise them MAKE them play hard for another year...no our top priority should be to get an offensive line together 1st and foremost-go OUTSIDE the house this year-not in house like always

Lock him and Chris Baker up RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Yeah as 5180 said, Baker has been extended already.

Rhodes is the priority. That one is either done or will be done shortly imo. Then it is time to improve with some guys that are not currently here. Or getting rid of the guys that are here but shouldn't be (addition by subtraction).

ok a couple of things here...do not dangle stuff in front of him and then franchise him unless you do not want to re-sign him...does not make sense in a couple of aspects. The guy is a young above average safety that has taken the leadership role with the younger players. Last year he had a pro bowl season, this year started out slow with the struggles the entire defense had. I would rather pay him a good salary now instead of waiting until next year when he has another quality year and decides to test the market instead of staying. Usually players that you value that have one year left on their contract get signed up.... just like Cotch and Bryan Thomas did..

I think we should extend Rhodes. He's a good player and we should pay him now, but let's not go overboard. He's not Ronnie Lott and we shouldn't be paying him pro bowl money. As for starting our offseason "in house", I'm kind of with SFJ. Not that we should leave guys hanging, but our house sucks. We'd better be looking outside if we ever want to win.

Archived