Divorce Papers?

vinnys025

http://www.blumberg.com/?gclid=CIbvkbfHgpECFUaPOAod6XzIGg

Let me warn you-if you have children, a house, and pensions or 401Ks, this really won't be much help. You should at a minumum consult with a local attorney. Even the easiest and most simple divorce these days takes a ton of paperwork and forms and discovery, which is pretty silly(I'm at the point now that I don't even bother taking them in because they're a pain in the ass). And every state and county has a whole different set of rules and paperwork. Most county clerks in divorce court have a pro se or self represented help desk; go there. They will help you or point you in the right direction.

Also call the local bar association. But one more word of warning about divorce attorneys-there really isn't much anyone can do for you about division of property, alimony, child support, etc. Those rules are written in stone in most jursidictions,and fault doesn't really enter into it. Any divorce attorney who tells you he's going to rake your wife over the coals is a freaking moron; WALK OUT.Once you take the emotions, strong as they are, out of it, it becomes a math problem, practically an equation. Wasting tons of money on some BS attorney feeding your head with crap is a total waste.

Let me warn you-if you have children, a house, and pensions or 401Ks, this really won't be much help. You should at a minumum consult with a local attorney. Even the easiest and most simple divorce these days takes a ton of paperwork and forms and discovery, which is pretty silly(I'm at the point now that I don't even bother taking them in because they're a pain in the ass). And every state and county has a whole different set of rules and paperwork. Most county clerks in divorce court have a pro se or self represented help desk; go there. They will help you or point you in the right direction.

Also call the local bar association. But one more word of warning about divorce attorneys-there really isn't much anyone can do for you about division of property, alimony, child support, etc. Those rules are written in stone in most jursidictions,and fault doesn't really enter into it. Any divorce attorney who tells you he's going to rake your wife over the coals is a freaking moron; WALK OUT.Once you take the emotions, strong as they are, out of it, it becomes a math problem, practically an equation. Wasting tons of money on some BS attorney feeding your head with crap is a total waste.

good advice counselor:D

I have no property and no 401K. Just military retirement but thats not for a long time. I do have a child however..... I'm just worried about alamony. She's not the kind of woman to argue about getting money, its just more along the lines of, we don't want to be together anymore, lets just get it over with type of thing.....so she will agree to something to where I won't get screwed.

Yes I am deploying soon to Iraq, however they just bumped it up, so I'm leaving in 3 weeks, and I'm actually going TDY to Nevada to train for war tomorrow morning.....cant wait to get CS'd.....yay

Couldn't agree more. Attorneys talking about "raking your spouse over the coals" generally are talking about busting balls which will do nothing except cost you both money (attorney's fees and time) and put you in bad with the judge. If you are in New York State the Court has the necessary forms on the website:

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/ip/matrimonial-matters/forms.shtml

As Bugg said, don't count on doing it yourself. Something invariably gets ****ed up and I've seen way more messes from people that started themselves than truly "simple divorces". A child under 21 or a house means it's not that simple.

I have no property and no 401K. Just military retirement but thats not for a long time. I do have a child however..... I'm just worried about alamony. She's not the kind of woman to argue about getting money, its just more along the lines of, we don't want to be together anymore, lets just get it over with type of thing.....so she will agree to something to where I won't get screwed.

Yes I am deploying soon to Iraq, however they just bumped it up, so I'm leaving in 3 weeks, and I'm actually going TDY to Nevada to train for war tomorrow morning.....cant wait to get CS'd.....yay

glad its amicable but I know it sucks especially with a child involved. can't you & her go to the same attorney & state irreconsilable differences?

Archived