JETS Off-Season Mock

Jetscode1

It's not bad (I've seen far worse) but there's still a little something missing in FA. Dropping JMac, Barrett, and Robertson will put us upwards of $40M under the salary cap.

If this was our draft, I'd add a WR (Hackett, Bryant Johnson, Berrian, even that tall/fast guy on Carolina) & we'd still have enough money to add a premiere FA CB and stay under the cap without breaking a sweat & still would probably have cap space left over.

It's not bad (I've seen far worse) but there's still a little something missing in FA. Dropping JMac, Barrett, and Robertson will put us upwards of $40M under the salary cap.

If this was our draft, I'd add a WR (Hackett, Bryant Johnson, Berrian, even that tall/fast guy on Carolina) & we'd still have enough money to add a premiere FA CB and stay under the cap without breaking a sweat & still would probably have cap space left over.

Woody Johnson has the fans right where he wants us - having virtually no expectations for free agency. Priceless :Nuts:

I thought our WRs were OK except it lacks the homerun threat and wanted Berrian (who will be highly sought and highlypaid) but I have yet to see this front office overpay...maybe 4-12 will loosen the wallet. Have not seen enough of the tall/fast Carolina WR.

On the CB, Samual, Asomugha, and Trufant will most likely resign with their current teams. I like Florence but don't think Gay is that much better than Dyson.

NY Jets Guy had us getting Chris Long in the first and Harvey in the second. I'd like that a hell of a lot better. ;) I also think Hobson is long gone.

I like getting Long and Harvey better too. :cheers:

Hobson move move inside in he stays and Vilma is gone.

I dont think they will resign Hobson. Especially if they take Harvey (or Gholston or Groves) in the draft. I would hate for them to take two O-lineman at the top of the draft, good as these prospects seem to be. I'd rather they take a D-lineman with the second pick and use the next pick to get the best available O-lineman.

I am hoping to get more value for Vilma but I would take some version of your trade.

Chad has too much value to not be traded for picks, too.

I hear you but anyway we slice it...we need dramatic improvement in the D front seven and OL. With the value on the board is why I went the way I did. Did not see a DL for defense that high in the second round although I was tempted with Bryant and Sims.

really solid draft. I'd like to see us get picks for Penny, aside from that I'd be happy with everything. I like how you took a light DT, and moved him to DE for the 34. We need to get bigger up front, on both sides of the ball, this would be a good way of achieving that.

good draft.

I thought our WRs were OK except it lacks the homerun threat and wanted Berrian (who will be highly sought and highlypaid) but I have yet to see this front office overpay...maybe 4-12 will loosen the wallet. Have not seen enough of the tall/fast Carolina WR.

On the CB, Samual, Asomugha, and Trufant will most likely resign with their current teams. I like Florence but don't think Gay is that much better than Dyson.

What's-his-name on Carolina isn't a special player. His speed is special & I didn't notice a lot of dropped passes. He's just not a #2 which is how he's being used. He's supposed to be noticeably faster than Steve Smith (the good one). As a #3, he'd be more than adequate & wouldn't be a cap-killer.

I agree on the CB's re-signing with their teams with the exception of Samuel. I think he'll want to go to the highest bidder & that won't be NE. Also I think his cap # would be too high for NE to justify tagging him again. Florence I don't like. SD threw a first-round pick at Cromartie (even after missing the prior year) & then demoted Florence for a reason. Maybe Mangini can do something with him, but I wouldn't sink big dollars into a player like Florence.

I liked your mock draft more than some I'd seen. I don't love starting two rookies on the line at the same time, but I've seen ones I absolutely hated.

What's-his-name on Carolina isn't a special player. His speed is special & I didn't notice a lot of dropped passes. He's just not a #2 which is how he's being used. He's supposed to be noticeably faster than Steve Smith (the good one). As a #3, he'd be more than adequate & wouldn't be a cap-killer.

I agree on the CB's re-signing with their teams with the exception of Samuel. I think he'll want to go to the highest bidder & that won't be NE. Also I think his cap # would be too high for NE to justify tagging him again. Florence I don't like. SD threw a first-round pick at Cromartie (even after missing the prior year) & then demoted Florence for a reason. Maybe Mangini can do something with him, but I wouldn't sink big dollars into a player like Florence.

I liked your mock draft more than some I'd seen. I don't love starting two rookies on the line at the same time, but I've seen ones I absolutely hated.

You mean Drew Carter? I thought you meant Colbert at first, but he's not that tall. Haven't seen too much from either of them, but they might be helpful as #3. They'd have to be cheaper than JMac. I'm with you on Florence. I've seen him torched a couple of times (that's games, not plays) this year. He's a fair to decent corner, but he's not somebody I'd throw money at. I'm not loving putting the $$ at CB, but I wouldn't complain if they went after Samuel. IMO he's the real deal.

You mean Drew Carter? I thought you meant Colbert at first, but he's not that tall. Haven't seen too much from either of them, but they might be helpful as #3. They'd have to be cheaper than JMac. I'm with you on Florence. I've seen him torched a couple of times (that's games, not plays) this year. He's a fair to decent corner, but he's not somebody I'd throw money at. I'm not loving putting the $$ at CB, but I wouldn't complain if they went after Samuel. IMO he's the real deal.

Carter is a useful enough player but he often dissapears. Which is bad considering he plays opposite Steve Smith who draws all kinds of coverage. Personally I would prefer Hackett or Johnson. (from Arizona).

Would love that draft and free agency as long as we were able to address the need of a number three, play making Wide Receiver like Bernard Berrian, Bryant Johnson or D.J. Hackett. Would also like to see a veteran Cornerback brought in to compete with Justin Miller, Drew Coleman and Hank Poteat. Andre Dyson you have returning? I don't think so. As much as I liked him in 2006, he was often injuried late that season and the entire 2007 campaign and earned himself a spot in Mangini's doghouse.

Would love that draft and free agency as long as we were able to address the need of a number three, play making Wide Receiver like Bernard Berrian, Bryant Johnson or D.J. Hackett. Would also like to see a veteran Cornerback brought in to compete with Justin Miller, Drew Coleman and Hank Poteat. Andre Dyson you have returning? I don't think so. As much as I liked him in 2006, he was often injuried late that season and the entire 2007 campaign and earned himself a spot in Mangini's doghouse.

The play where he whiffed on Plexico Burriss was enough for me. Embarrassing. See ya, Dyson.

Archived