Rex Ryan on Our Radar?

nylandingstrip

i found this on rich cimini's blog. he said since ryan didnt get the ravens coaching job, we could go after him as our d guy. also this is wierd but he mentions if spagnuolo gets a head coaching job then the jets and the giants will both battle for ryan.

how could spagnuolo get a head coaching job over ryan when spags is in his first year as d coordinator for the giants. i take ryan 100%. anyway, if spags doesnt leave the giants, we should get the advantage to take ryan. still no word on sutton's status but cimini says its still likely he will be fired.

what do u guys think about the spagnuolo part? isnt that amazing how basically spags is already ahead of ryan on everyones list?

Buyer beware. I think it is more the result of Coughlin than Spags. I think the giants last D Coordinator Tim Lewis was horrible and there was noplace to go but up from there.

Buyer beware. I think it is more the result of Coughlin than Spags. I think the giants last D Coordinator Tim Lewis was horrible and there was noplace to go but up from there.

Well whoever the hell it is they've done a hell of a job. They've been able to contain some absolute elite WR's despite having their secondary totally depleted with injury.

January 22, 2008

Ryan brothers could be candidates for Jets' D.C. job

While most of the football world is focused on Giants versus Patriots, the rumor mill still is churning with regard to the Jets and their defensive-coordinator position. From what I hear, the Jets still are keeping a close eye on the Ryan brothers, Rob and Rex.

After the season, some folks in the Bay Area were reporting that Rob-to-the-Jets was a done deal, but the Raiders announced that Rob wasn

Well whoever the hell it is they've done a hell of a job. They've been able to contain some absolute elite WR's despite having their secondary totally depleted with injury.

I agree credit is due. I'm just not 100% sure it should all go to the DC.

link

No wonder why they couldn't pick up the corner blitz all year, they had a sulking O-Line coach. great.

Hopefully this is true but like I stated in another thread this sort of good stuff never happens the Jets so I have tough time beliveing something will mateialize fro, this. I hope I'm wrong, would love either of the Ryan brothers here as DC.

the only bad thing about getting Rex Ryan, if he has any success, he could be a one hit wonder and leave for a HC job the following year.

Agreed. That makes me nervous, but it would be nice to get our D on track, for real this time and not halfway through the season.

We have the talent, especially with a couple of additions with the draft and FA.

Hold your horses. If I remember correctly , as crazy as it sounds, Rex Ryan is STILL under contract with Baltimore even though the HC was canned. If that is indeed true then he very well may be going nowhere. Just our luck.

No, IIRC he was fired along with Billick. He is a free agent as of now.

January 22, 2008

Ryan brothers could be candidates for Jets' D.C. job

While most of the football world is focused on Giants versus Patriots, the rumor mill still is churning with regard to the Jets and their defensive-coordinator position. From what I hear, the Jets still are keeping a close eye on the Ryan brothers, Rob and Rex.

After the season, some folks in the Bay Area were reporting that Rob-to-the-Jets was a done deal, but the Raiders announced that Rob wasn

what do u guys think about the spagnuolo part? isnt that amazing how basically spags is already ahead of ryan on everyones list?

It's called the "hot assistant" syndrome. every year, some assistant coach, or some coordinator, becomes the "hot" guy on every team's wish list.

Spags is this year's guy.

Archived