sick of all this talk about rooting for or against the giants

nylandingstrip

people, be real. your division rival is playing in the superbowl. it shouldnt matter who that team is facing, your rooting for the other team no matter what. i dont get why people even beging to question that. look im not a jets fan but i live in new york and i write about the jets and i know enough about them to say that any jet fan should be rooting for the giants in the super bowl. hands down. can anyone tell me why there is questioning about that?

Who were you rooting for the last game of the season when the Giants were playing

the Pats????

well actually im a rams fan but i can relate to super bowl 40. i wanted the seahawks to choke on holmgren's stash so hard in that game. (that might have been a terrible joke) and i cane ever imagine any jet fan rooting for the pats in this one especially cuz there undefeated

people, be real. your division rival is playing in the superbowl. it shouldnt matter who that team is facing, your rooting for the other team no matter what. i dont get why people even beging to question that. look im not a jets fan but i live in new york and i write about the jets and i know enough about them to say that any jet fan should be rooting for the giants in the super bowl. hands down. can anyone tell me why there is questioning about that?

Preaching to the choir my friend.;-)

that would be pretty fun to see i dont think ive ever seen it open for a game in glendale.

Living in NYC (even with NFL ticket) I dont think Ive ever seen the stadium. I saw something on tv how they roll the grass field in and out of the stadium. Real high tech.

Living in NYC (even with NFL ticket) I dont think Ive ever seen the stadium. I saw something on tv how they roll the grass field in and out of the stadium. Real high tech.

oh ive seen it on tv many times on highlights and stuff like that. its a beautiful stadium, ive just never seen it with the roof open. is it even retractable?

I am with you Faba...it is comedic the views some fans have

wow you guys are that disloyal to a team thats not even in the same conference as u? so ud rather root for the team thats been beating you ever since bill belichick came over and there your big time division rivals and ur still not rooting against them? u guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

DIDNT WANT TO START A NEW THREAD ON THIS, BUT WAS WONDERING...

Is the retractable roof at the Super Bowl in Glendale going to be open or closed for the game????

My guess is it will be closed.

TBH I'm not sure if any kind of bad weather would actually help the Giants that much.:confused0082:

ashamed of myself? just because you have an opinion of what people should do, does mean that we all have to do it? sorry dude you are barking up the wrong tree here.. I hate the Giants and all of their new wanabe fans that I have to deal with every day. I think hearing how the Giants beat the Pats something the Jets could never do would piss me off more.

wow you guys are that disloyal to a team thats not even in the same conference as u? so ud rather root for the team thats been beating you ever since bill belichick came over and there your big time division rivals and ur still not rooting against them? u guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

OK I would rather root for an old time AFC team Boston and now New England Patriots than hear all the Giant fans call us Jet fans second class citizens and losers.

So the Giants are playing the pats who gives a rats a$$..over the years they both have been more successful than the lousy jets. But one fan base lives a whole lot closer to me than the other.

man i never thought id see it but a jet fan actually WONT root for the team facing a hated division rival. what are the giants to you? nothing but a cross town rival. when u play them, if u win do u celebrate more than when u beat the pats? amazing.

how many pats fans do you live by? I root for every team that plays against the giants and against the pats..so now they are playing each other...well since I cannot root for a tie,I prefer to see all of these newly arrogant Giants fans walk around miserable.

So the Giants are playing the pats who gives a rats a$$..over the years they both have been more successful than the lousy jets. But one fan base lives a whole lot closer to me than the other.

The Pats = EVIL!!!!

The Pats = DIVISIONAL rival!!!

The Pats = Boston!!!

how many pats fans do you live by? I root for every team that plays against the giants and against the pats..so now they are playing each other...well since I cannot root for a tie,I prefer to see all of these newly arrogant Giants fans walk around miserable.

That may be the main reason why I have no hatred for the Giants. I know absolutley no Giant fans whatsoever.

Patriot 'fans' that are over here are so ****ing annoying!!!!

I live in Central/Southern jersey and deal with these a$$hole Giants fans on a daily basis. Of course many have brand new blue hats on their heads, but all of them have the same sentiment towards the Jets. Mockery.... F them and their team. I do not like rooting for the Pats but screw big blue

The Jets share a stadium with the Giants and pay them to do so

The Giants and their organization continually treat the Jets like second class citizens

enough for me to root against them

I blame the fact that we have to share a stadium with the Giants on us more than I do them.

and we will continue to share with them forever..and they have how many rings? recent SB visits? that rivalry means alot more to me as I deal with it often.

Again that fact that the Giants have been better than us is something I blame on us, not them. I have absolutely no reason to hate them more than I do any other NFL team.

and we will continue to share with them forever..and they have how many rings? recent SB visits? that rivalry means alot more to me as I deal with it often.

Um haven't the Jets been competing with the Pats in the same division for years? Haven't the Pats made 6 Super Bowls in the past 20+ years.

And this talk about belittling somebody. Gee I guess the Pats and BB don't belittle the Jets ever. I guess they didn't say last years loss to the Jets, first in a long time by the way, was nothing more than a fluke.

Rooting for a team cause you hate the fans is kind of lame. I don't like Giants fans and I know a lot of Giants fans. But why would that make me vote one way or another?

All I know is anybody rooting for the Pats to go 19-0 and be known as the greatest NFL team ever really shouldn't be calling people who root for the Giants to beat the Pats "fake Jets" fans.

Last time I checked, the Pats and Jets compete every year for the playoffs and division. The Pats always seem to beat the Jets. The Pats have made the super bowl in the 80's, 90's, and 2000's.

When was the last time the Giants won a super bowl?

And as far as hating people. Maybe you hate Giants fans and only know Giants fans. But anybody who is actually rooting for BB, Tom Brady, and the rest of that Patriots bunch to go 19-0 shouldn't really say a damn thing about what a real Jets fan is or isn't. Last time I checked, I'd root for Eli Manning over Tom Brady any day of the week. I'd root for Coughlin over BB any day of the week.

Name one good reason, besides the lame "I hate Giants fans" that you would root for the Patriots?

Ummm not sure who you are referring to but I never call anyone a real fan or not... the whole idea is ridiculous. In addition the whole real jet fan theory is even dumber, unless someone has no other life than being a fan of a team. My responses are defending who I am rooting for... everyone has their own opinion and so be it..but at the same time it does not have to be force fed and consumed by the rest of the board. The bottom line is no matter who you root for it does not mean jack sh$t to the rest of the world or has any impact whatsoever

Archived