Ryan not going to Atlanta

Bravejamriot

I can't see why he'd want to go to the Jets over Baltimore unless for some reason they upset him by not picking him for HC, ala Mike Heimendinger a couple years ago.

They let him go after they fired Billick...I wouldn't wanna go back to Baltimore.

I would love for the Jets to go after him, but knowing our front office, we will take our time and he will slip away...

I'm right there with you PH-isn't that always the way it goes with the Jets under Woody Johnson's ownership? We always hear about this guy or that guy "coming in for a visit" only to read about him signing elsewhere a week later. This team has no sense of urgency and is devoid of the gift of foresight. One impact free agent has been signed since Johnson won his ownership...ONE...Ty Law

I'm right there with you PH-isn't that always the way it goes with the Jets under Woody Johnson's ownership? We always hear about this guy or that guy "coming in for a visit" only to read about him signing elsewhere a week later. This team has no sense of urgency and is devoid of the gift of foresight. One impact free agent has been signed since Johnson won his ownership...ONE...Ty Law

Agreed. It's just part of being a Jets fan.

He should have stuck with making band-aids.

too bad Donald Trump never made a play for ownership-his ego alone would have made it a lot more fun to be a Jets fan...Woody seems content to be able to watch from his owner's box and wear his stupid Jets hat and mingle with the big boys on the sidelines at camp-he never says anything football related as to which way he wants the team to go. Maybe he really is clueless-I'd much rather have an owner that acts like he cares every once in a while

He is still property of Baltimore for one year, and the only way he can leave is if it's an upward movement... meaning, not a lateral movement.

Can you say, Asst HC/Defensive Cordinator?

we already have an asst HC when we hired Bill Callahan-how many Asst head coaches can you have is there a rule?

This came up on a different board.

I am unsure of the actual rule, but a couple teams have more than one Assistant Head Coaches: Redskins and Seahawks for starters. They both have a AHC on both sides of the ball.

I think its a strategy to prevent other teams from taking your coaches without upping their pay structure. For example, Baltimore cannot prevent Rex from being a head coach, but they can block a lateral movement, or request compensation for it.

I wonder if this applies to Asst HC. If so, I believe we may be seeing one shortly.

we already have an asst HC when we hired Bill Callahan-how many Asst head coaches can you have is there a rule?

I'm pretty sure they got rid of the "ass't HC" being a step up, so I don't think that matters. But didn't the Ravens fire Ryan? If they did,the terms of his contract would then be irrelevant no?

Couple of points here.

A DC can not jump a contract to become an Asst. HC. Only HC. It is a moot point.

Ryan was fired and is a free agent

Not sure if the Jets will be interested for two reasons. If he doesn't get a HC job this year, he most likely will next year, so it will be a one year signing.

The connection isn't between Mangini and Rex, it is Mangini and Rob.

Archived