Could Shockey be available?

JETSFAN5180

Eli used him a lot... Chad didnt need to use Baker and also Baker was used for run blocking more than Shockey...

eli wasn't Shockeys only pro QB, his first 2 years he had COllins and that idiot Jim Fassell at head coach

and Baker isn't used for passing for a reason

You mean if he had a real NFL QB throwing him the football?

No if he had a coach OC and Oline that could allow him to be used like Shockey is...

Baker can make amazing catches... he just isnt given the chance often enough...

LOL....Jets fans kill me.

Then explain how the Giants have suddenly turned into a powerhouse since his inury, a lot of it has to do with Kevin Boss actually playing well. Shockey has never been the elite TE he's made out to be, he good but not nearly as good as people make out. Not even in the same league as Gates, Winslow or Gonzo.

You guys are right we have way too many superstars as it is. 4-12 and 0 representatives in the Pro Bowl is all ok. Who needs players of Shockeys calibre we are much better off with the no names that are winning us so many games.Is misery that contagious that it takes over the thought process of ones brain to properly see whats needed for this team to succeed.

4-12 ,0 representatives in the Pro Bowl ,PATRIOTS vs GIANTS Super Bowl....FUGLY

You guys are right we have way too many superstars as it is. 4-12 and 0 representatives in the Pro Bowl is all ok. Who needs players of Shockeys calibre we are much better off with the no names that are winning us so many games.Is misery that contagious that it takes over the thought process of ones brain to properly see whats needed for this team to succeed.

Shockey isn't in the pro-bowl and hasn't played a big part in the Giants getting to the Superbowl.

If you care about pro-bowl representation and use it as a way to judge this team, then you're an idiot. The whole thing is a joke.

How many playoff victories has Jeremy Shockey been a part of in his career?

Answer: ZERO.

He's a loud-mouth cancer, and not that great of a football player.

Shockey isn't in the pro-bowl and hasn't played a big part in the Giants getting to the Superbowl.

If you care about pro-bowl representation and use it as a way to judge this team, then you're an idiot. The whole thing is a joke.

Irish you continue the name calling yet bring nothing to the table except ridicule.

If im an idiot what are you?

I'm not calling you an idiot, I'm saying you are an idiot if you think playing in pro-bowls is a good way to evaluate players. Read my post.

Well it seems the better calibre players make the Pro-Bowl and are on teams that make the playoffs and go to the Super Bowl.So I must be an idiot if this is my logic.The New York Jets lack players who are superstars thats a fact 4-12 is proof.The last time this team was in the Super Bowl was 1969.

I dont see many players on the Jets with a superstar label.How about you.

Well it seems the better calibre players make the Pro-Bowl and are on teams that make the playoffs and go to the Super Bowl.So I must be an idiot if this is my logic.The New York Jets lack players who are superstars thats a fact 4-12 is proof.The last time this team was in the Super Bowl was 1969.

I dont see many players on the Jets with a superstar label.How about you.

Kerry Rhodes should have gone to the pro-bowl the last 2 years. Troy Polamalu and John Lynch though have both gone on reputation.

The Pro-Bowl is an absolute joke and is a terrible way to judge a player. The Jacksonville Jags were one of the best teams in the league this year, how many pro-bowlers did they have????

The Jacksonville Jaguars made the playoffs did the Jets? When was the last time a Pennington or Coles jersey was a top seller or sold at all.I know a guy who works in a sporting goods store,he frequently has to blow the dust off these jerseys.Why is that.

This team has made little or no effort at all to better themselves.Free agency we did nothing.The Kendall incident cannot and will not be forgotten.Mangini played hardball and we lost a valuable lineman who could have helped us win a few games.So far Mangini has done nothing spectaculiar.He inherited Herms team that went 10-6 and made the playoffs in 2006 with an easy schedule.

Before you mention Revis being drafted he was the best CB in the draft it was a no brainer.The Harris pick was probably luck.

As a Jets fan I want guys like Shockey,Tomlinson,Johnson,Suggs,Hall,Owens,Moss on my team how about you.

The Jacksonville Jaguars made the playoffs did the Jets? When was the last time a Pennington or Coles jersey was a top seller or sold at all.I know a guy who works in a sporting goods store,he frequently has to blow the dust off these jerseys.Why is that.

The Jags made the playoffs with ZERO pro-bowlers, my point is you don't need high reputation pro-bowl players to be a good team. Your second point about jersey selling is totally irrelevent.

This team has made little or no effort at all to better themselves.Free agency we did nothing.The Kendall incident cannot and will not be forgotten.Mangini played hardball and we lost a valuable lineman who could have helped us win a few games.So far Mangini has done nothing spectaculiar.He inherited Herms team that went 10-6 and made the playoffs in 2006 with an easy schedule.

They made an effort with Thomas Jones, it was just a bad desicion. I'm not disputing that we need to make a bigger impact in FA and I've been very critical of Tangini for alot of stupid things they have done (example, Pete Kendall). I just don't want us targgeting a player who I personally think is incredibly overated, Jeremy Shockey. Who BTW isn't a free agent.

Before you mention Revis being drafted he was the best CB in the draft it was a no brainer.The Harris pick was probably luck.

Harris Pick was luck????

:rl::rl::confused0058::confused0058:

As a Jets fan I want guys like Shockey,Tomlinson,Johnson,Suggs,Hall,Owens,Moss on my team how about you.

Shockey - No, Overated.

Tomlinson - Definetly but no chance it will ever happen.

Johnson (I presume you're talking about Chad) - Yes but it will never happen.

Suggs - Yes, hence why I want the Jets to sign him.

Hall - Who??? Dante?? You kidding me???

Owens - Would take him anyday

Moss - Ditto

Shockey isn't coming here. If the Jets get another Tight End they'll be drafting Martin Rucker.

Personally, i love chris Baker. He is more than enough at TE, there is no reason to find a guy to replace an already good player. I would doubt Schotty would change his offense because he has two "good" TE's.

Baker is certainly not the problem. Lets keep what is actually good on this team, build up what is awful. As most of us know, there is a lot to pick from.

Personally, i love chris Baker. He is more than enough at TE, there is no reason to find a guy to replace an already good player. I would doubt Schotty would change his offense because he has two "good" TE's.

Baker is certainly not the problem. Lets keep what is actually good on this team, build up what is awful. As most of us know, there is a lot to pick from.

No one is saying Baker is the problem. There is nothing wrong with the Jets trying to get depth at the Tight End position. If you have two good tight ends you can run double-TE sets - which helps with the blocking and gives the quarterback another safety valve target in case no receivers downfield are open.

Many of the best teams in the NFL have more than one good tight end. Pats have been loaded at the TE position for years. Packers have Donald Lee and Bubba Franks. Cowboys have Witten and Fasano. Giants have Shockey and Boss.

Granted some of those guys I mentioned are injured but that just illustrates how important it is to get depth at that position.

No one is saying Baker is the problem. There is nothing wrong with the Jets trying to get depth at the Tight End position. If you have two good tight ends you can run double-TE sets - which helps with the blocking and gives the quarterback another safety valve target in case no receivers downfield are open.

Many of the best teams in the NFL have more than one good tight end. Pats have been loaded at the TE position for years. Packers have Donald Lee and Bubba Franks. Cowboys have Witten and Fasano. Giants have Shockey and Boss.

Granted some of those guys I mentioned are injured but that just illustrates how important it is to get depth at that position.

i agree with the depth at the TE position. I think the Colts are the best example of having two capable TE's. They are able to spread out defenses or pound the running game.

My only point is, schotty isn't smart enough to use it. For instance, we can't run the ball, but he never used a fullback. Leon's rushing average was almost 2 points higher than jones, yet jones gets all the carries. Smith cannot catch. Yet he was the number 3 WR all season.

Schotty is a bumbling idiot. No way he would take advantage of two quality TE's.

i agree with the depth at the TE position. I think the Colts are the best example of having two capable TE's. They are able to spread out defenses or pound the running game.

My only point is, schotty isn't smart enough to use it. For instance, we can't run the ball, but he never used a fullback. Leon's rushing average was almost 2 points higher than jones, yet jones gets all the carries. Smith cannot catch. Yet he was the number 3 WR all season.

Schotty is a bumbling idiot. No way he would take advantage of two quality TE's.

I wouldn't blame it all on Schottenheimer. He was probably pressured to give the load to TJ because the front office traded a 2nd round pick for him and gave him a big contract. TJ is such an overrated player.

Leon Washington is the better running back and if this team is supposedly a meritocracy Leon should be the starting RB next year.

Herm's team went 10-6 in '06? Totally new offense with three new starters on the O line, new RB, no FB in almost every game (replaced by assorted TEs). 100% completely new scheme on D. You don't want to give them credit for drafting Revis and Harris? They traded up to get both. Both were obviously targeted. I'm not a big fan of moving up, but you have to give them credit for not ****ing up their choices. Superstars and jersey sales are nice, but winning is the goal. I was against the Kendally deal, but I think that they don't want it to be forgotten. Players will be damn sure they have some place to go before they pull that ****.

Shockey is EXACTLY what a team with a young QB needs. NOT!! I don't think it's any coincidence that Manning started playing better once Shockey was no longer spilling tears in the huddle about not getting the ball every other play.

Archived