Dr. Z from SI's opinion on spygate

RSJ

As correctly noted by Dr. Z in SI. Who in the world lets the perp investigate himself?

Quote:

Why has Goodell perpetrated this huge fraud, allowing the club to be its own investigator, and then destroying the results of the investigation? Because, and this is strictly my own viewpoint and in no way reflects the opinion of my sponsors, Bob Kraft is a fair-haired boy in league affairs, the member of six committees, including the prestigious Broadcast and Finance committees.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ongress/1.html

As correctly noted by Dr. Z in SI. Who in the world lets the perp investigate himself?

Why has Goodell perpetrated this huge fraud, allowing the club to be its own investigator, and then destroying the results of the investigation? Because, and this is strictly my own viewpoint and in no way reflects the opinion of my sponsors, Bob Kraft is a fair-haired boy in league affairs, the member of six committees, including the prestigious Broadcast and Finance committees.

Do you realize that you quoted a guy who talks about radio shows he listened to back in the day?

I know that there are 32 NFL owners and at least 6 committees.

How many owners are on each committee? How many committees are there?

Do you realize that you quoted a guy who talks about radio shows he listened to back in the day?

I know that there are 32 NFL owners and at least 6 committees.

How many owners are on each committee? How many committees are there?

There are at least 28(including subcommittees & such)

http://dwb.thenewstribune.com/sports/seahawks/story/6430496p-5730757c.html

There are at least 28(including subcommittees & such)

http://dwb.thenewstribune.com/sports/seahawks/story/6430496p-5730757c.html

Wow. 28 committees and 32 owners. I'm going to out on a limb and say that every team has at least one representative on at least 6-8 committees.

I may just email Dr. Z and ask him why he didn't mention this "minor" fact.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is all going to blow over. It's just the luck of the Pats. We've had to hear how unbelievably great they were for so many years and the pats fans arent used to all this negativity.

ESPN drove all of the Pats talk.

Either the Pats were great or they were the most evil team ever. I saw both of those "view points" occur within 5 minutes of each other on Sportscenter many times.

The medioits suck.

ESPN drove all of the Pats talk.

Either the Pats were great or they were the most evil team ever. I saw both of those "view points" occur within 5 minutes of each other on Sportscenter many times.

The medioits suck.

It is my unbiased opinion that the Patriots could have been the best team ever. Except they weren't the best team ever. That caught up to them in the end.

It is my unbiased opinion that the Patriots could have been the best team ever. Except they weren't the best team ever. That caught up to them in the end.

Thats a POTW nomination right there. Your real name is Sean Salisbury right?

Actually I was going more for a John Madden'ism. I love when they hedge their bets and basically cover both ends of the spectrum.

Well, if you were going for Madden, you should have just thrown in the phrase "and thats what thats all about."

Or you couldve said. "But Brett Favre is still by far, the best QB ever." :rl:

You Patsie fans are hilarious. The whole world now sees your club as the scumbag organization that Jets fans have known it was since Mumbles took over.

Deal with it.

:yawn:

Not nearly as hilarious as Jets fan.

Thats true, but you are now at the point where denial is not an option, and you and your patsie fans have nowhere else to turn, except for maybe a pats board, but as you said, patsie fans arent even close to as funny as jets fans.

Good one. :Nuts:

What is there to deny? I am pretty sure most of us have fully acknowledged the Patriots broke an NFL rule. That they were justily punished for. I know I have said and I think Garb and Gainzo have said something similar, that Mangini did the right thing.

The ones in denial are the Jets' fans and all team's fans that think the Patriots are the only ones doing this. Coaches have said this is common place, but Jets' fans still deny it. Jimmie Johnson said he did it as a scout for the Chiefs. Not as a member of the Patriots. Or as a member of the Par$ells coaching tree. The same for Vermiel. A coach that has never been associated with the Patriots or Par$ells says it is common place.

It does not matter if they do not see the point in it. They have seen it.

Good one. :Nuts:

What is there to deny? I am pretty sure most of us have fully acknowledged the Patriots broke an NFL rule. That they were justily punished for. I know I have said and I think Garb and Gainzo have said something similar, that Mangini did the right thing.

The ones in denial are the Jets' fans and all team's fans that think the Patriots are the only ones doing this. Coaches have said this is common place, but Jets' fans still deny it. Jimmie Johnson said he did it as a scout for the Chiefs. Not as a member of the Patriots. Or as a member of the Par$ells coaching tree. The same for Vermiel. A coach that has never been associated with the Patriots or Par$ells says it is common place.

It does not matter if they do not see the point in it. They have seen it.

As Gainzo says: Where is the proof? Has the NFL punished these teams/coaches for their acts? Have any of these teams been caught in the act due to complete arrogance and disregard for the rules?

The fact is that thePatsies are the only ones that have gotten caught in the act, and they are now severely regretting it.

I dont know about you, but right now I think there's a decent chance that both BB and Goodell will step down at some point this offseason, especially if Walsh has any new info.

As Gainzo says: Where is the proof? Has the NFL punished these teams/coaches for their acts? Have any of these teams been caught in the act due to complete arrogance and disregard for the rules?

The fact is that thePatsies are the only ones that have gotten caught in the act, and they are now severely regretting it.

I dont know about you, but right now I think there's a decent chance that both BB and Goodell will step down at some point this offseason, especially if Walsh has any new info.

I agree!

Max, request JN open Vbookie action on Belicheat coaching next year. My V-cash says he gets suspended.

I agree!

Max, request JN open Vbookie action on Belicheat coaching next year. My V-cash says he gets suspended.

Ill take that bet any day of the week.

There's no way hes getting suspended. Either its nothing more (no new info comes out) or he resigns or is fired before he can get a suspension.

There's no way hes getting suspended. Either its nothing more (no new info comes out) or he resigns or is fired before he can get a suspension.

I'm just betting he doesn't coach next year. Suspended, fired or resigns in disgrace. Its all the same to me.

I'll be happy with any of the 3... suspended, resigns or fired. Belipricks an arrogant *** who deserves what he gets.

Archived