Instant Classic's "Jets Fact" Thread

InstantClassic

and to think he is only a gadget player for the Jets

no...he's only a special teams player. Any guy that cannot catch, or pass doesn't have much going for him as a WR/QB.

Terrible pick, although i liked it at the time, i wish i had never heard the name brad smith.

I honestly hate McCareins worse. He single handedly Robbed Clemens of his win in his first career start against Baltimore this past season. 3 dropped balls 2 yds from the enzone right in his damn hands! I will never forgive him for that...ever. I could taste blood in that game and he tipped it right into Ray's hands at the end. What a bum1 Boycot Mcareins! Give Stuckey his job.

I honestly hate McCareins worse. He single handedly Robbed Clemens of his win in his first career start against Baltimore this past season. 3 dropped balls 2 yds from the enzone right in his damn hands! I will never forgive him for that...ever. I could taste blood in that game and he tipped it right into Ray's hands at the end. What a bum1 Boycot Mcareins! Give Stuckey his job.

I feel like everyone is expecting too much from Stuckey...but what choice do we have? He looked good in college, had injury problems, but i think he may have just needed this year to really get healthy.

I, like you possibly, am really hoping Stuckey comes in and contributes like Cotchery did when he got his starting job.

I feel like everyone is expecting too much from Stuckey...but what choice do we have? He looked good in college, had injury problems, but i think he may have just needed this year to really get healthy.

I, like you possibly, am really hoping Stuckey comes in and contributes like Cotchery did when he got his starting job.

But you expect a smooth transition from QB to WR for Smith?

too much to ask smith to be able to catch a pass? Not sure that he shouldn't be able to do this yet...seeing as this is his 23rd year on this planet, you'd think he'd have that one down by now.

He only robbed Clemens of a tie.

Ha ha, he said "69".

Huh huh huh.

Stuckey was a seventh, Cotchery a fourth. Pick 235 vs. pick 108. Big difference. Cotchery was also supposed to be polished but not that physically gifted. Should have been ready to contribute right away. Especially compared to a project like Smith. Maybe he was ready, but with Herm we'd never know.

Stuckey was a seventh, Cotchery a fourth. Pick 235 vs. pick 108. Big difference. Cotchery was also supposed to be polished but not that physically gifted. Should have been ready to contribute right away. Especially compared to a project like Smith. Maybe he was ready, but with Herm we'd never know.

Didn't Herm come out and admit it was a mistake not using JC more???

I'm pretty sure he was ready to contribute but Chrebet was always going to get preference on the depth chart just because of who he was.

Didn't Herm come out and admit it was a mistake not using JC more???

I'm pretty sure he was ready to contribute but Chrebet was always going to get preference on the depth chart just because of who he was.

I don't care what that moron says now.

The following players got starts over Cotchery: Santana Moss, Coles, McCareins, Chrebet and Jonathan Carter.

well thats why you dont draft players like that...

steep learning curve.. not everyone is a hines ward... I love what the jets are doing and I am warming up to gholsten.. although everyone knows my first choice..

• 1 month later...
The desk calendar I have here has pretty neat facts every couple of days..so I'll post them here when they come up. Today's is pretty cool though:

WR Brad Smith, who was a QB at Mizzou, ended his college career holding 69 school, conference, or NCAA game, season or career records.

Wow!

Wow, that's alot. I want the Jets to try and make him a runningback. That would be very interesting.

Archived